User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

First post in the newly refurbished MBTIcentral! Hi all.
    Thought this would be good chance as any to test I really use Se over Ne/Ni. I believe I favor INTP, but I seem to use Se more than some INTPs... I've read and reread ISTP vs INTP descriptions so much I can no longer make sense of what fits best.

I chose the Space.

The lighting differential brought my eyes straight to the right angles first
    Empty
    Not someplace I’d live nor work in
    Why's the ramp flat? Maybe a Handicapped ramp?
    2 distinct environments- indoors/outdoors areas, perhaps
    Some logo at corner
    Is this a museum?
    Variety of textures –wood, concrete, drywall, metal, glass
    Feel of a postmodernist train station

Edit: I see how I am picking out some patterns and possibilities, but I am also describing concrete details of material, location, and existence. Oy.
    Last edited by DuneE; 07-05-2007 at 04:04 PM. Reason: add my own interp.

I am not sure about my S/N choice. But here is what I thought....

I chose "A Tower"

Damn this is taking too ling to load!

Oh! It's the Eiffel Tower!

I wonder how many people are on the street.

Hey look! There is a woman with a baby carriage.

The tower get hazy near the top.

What is that building in the background?

What about the town on the right? (At least I think it's a town.)

It seems a bit chilly, everyone I looked at is wearing a coat.

I wonder how the seasons are in France.

It's funny, I think you can identify who is with who by how close they are to each other.

Though there seems to something going on the left, near the leg of the tower.

Oh. My friend just came online.

I think I'm done now.

EDIT: After looking at others responses, I still don't know which one I am. I may change my N back to x.
    Last edited by ygolo; 08-24-2007 at 03:54 PM. Reason: After looking at others resoponses

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

A space.

Nice lighting effect.
    Empty.
    Hardwood floors...nice and clean.
    All hard edges...look at that, not a single curve.
    What is that room next to it? It looks out of place. Unfinished.
    What is that box thing?
    Why is there a railing there? How ugly.
    What is this place? It's too ugly for a house, but the floors are far too nice for a warehouse....perhaps a future store?

I'm not really sure if the things I noticed were details or concepts, to be honest. A mixture of both. I kinda cheated because I've seen this sort of test before, but I wanted to try it anyway.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Tower: Intricate, repeating architectural patterns made of what appears to be iron, giving the tower it's strength along with the arch shapes near the bottom. These patterns carefully yet ambitiously spire upwards from this strong base. It's a tribute to the strength of iron, and innovations in architecture.

Space: A mostly empty space with glass and light being the most defining features. The perspective seems to far too deliberately narrow towards a single point, so it must have been drawn or rendered, despite the seeming realism of it. There is a lot of order in the design, several features of symmetry. There is an empty desk near the entrance, near a flight of stairs that lead to no doors. I wonder where the walkway the stairs lead to finally ends? It's a symbol of how meaningless and empty structure would be without goals, activity, or purpose.

Painting: Several eras collide. The disembodied head and hands trapped within a house are reaching towards a box, symbolizing our unending struggle to reach out and see what lies beyond the cage of human perception and thought. Two men in the background are shaking hands on a compromise, showing how we have to concede some of our grander ideas to practicality in order to partially achieve. The other things in the picture are all symbols of the fruits of this compromise: the steam engine, transportation, ancient and modern architecture, and art. The shadows represent the things currently hidden from our understanding, and the fact that they extend off the edge of the picture hints that some things will always be beyond our understanding.

MBTI
    INTP

Hope you don't mind me doing two.

Tower:
    The first thing that struck me was the unusual angle. One usually sees the Eiffel Tower straight on, rather than a picture taken from the base. I really like the angle, which made for some attractive lines of perspective, emphasized the size, and gave a feeling of grandeur.

I also noticed the contrast. The dark tower against a clear blue sky lended further dramatic effect, which worked perfectly together with the unusual angle.

I also noticed the laticework and its relevance in the construction of the tower. I wondered how much of it has engineering purpose, how much is for aesthetic effect, and how much is an elegant blend of the two.

The Space:
    Another interesting picture regarding the lines of perspective. I might not have noticed that element had I not already been thinking about them from the previous picture. I just love the sense of emptiness, looking out towards a window with a halo of light.

I think this has a lot of room to interpret all sorts of meaning. The way perspective is used to make it seem almost like a tunnel compounds that feeling of being in a dark, empty space and gazing at a "light at the end of the tunnel."

I also just love the simplicity. It makes me think of Japanese minimalistic design with its simple, angular form and muted colours.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Tower image:

"It's the Eiffel Tower, photographed from an angle that makes it look even more phallic than usual."
    OMG that was the first thing I thought of when I saw it too.

INFP, The tower, "Man the person that created that had size issues" , oh, and I liked the sky between the arches towards the base.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    ISXJ

A Painting: I am ISTJ

First impression was, "It looks kinda like a Salvador Dali-style painting/is surrealism"
    Then I was drawn to the red tower, and thought that the color red and flags reminded me of a circus, but the white columns around it made me think of the government. So perhaps it could be a parody of govt.
    Then I looked to the image/statue of the person, and it made me think of someone that is jailed or has no freedom, and finally I noticed the 2 people shaking hands...my first inclination is to think they are making an agreement.

MBTI
    INFP

I chose the photograph of the Eiffel Tower. I'm an INFP.

My initial reaction was, "what an awesome shot with a fisheye lens!" I work in the field of photography, so that's why. Anyway, it just feels so larger than life. If the top of the tower was cropped out of the photo, it would see as though the structure would go on into infinity. It feels stark, probably because of the lighting and you can clearly tell it's a cold day. Somehow it still manages to feel inviting. The arches in the "back" of the photo are SO interesting to me. They really draw you in and make you look beyond the foreground subjects. It makes me think of how miniscule we actually are in the universe. As humans we tend to think of ourselves as larger than life. This photo proves we're not!

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    A Painting: I am ISTJ

First impression was, "It looks kinda like a Salvador Dali-style painting/is surrealism"
    Then I was drawn to the red tower, and thought that the color red and flags reminded me of a circus, but the white columns around it made me think of the government. So perhaps it could be a parody of govt.
    Then I looked to the image/statue of the person, and it made me think of someone that is jailed or has no freedom, and finally I noticed the 2 people shaking hands...my first inclination is to think they are making an agreement.
    I was wondering if you felt they were making some sort of agreement that would affect the jailed man/image? Or am I the only one that conspiratorially minded?

I successfully fought the urge to read the whole thread before answering and I choose the tower
    I think I am N (not really sure about)
    It is the Eiffel tower in Paris and seems like it were inflated by lots of gas (like an aerostat), and if this gas input does not stop soon, the tower will loose contact with the earth.
    Ok, now I can go back and read the whole thread, to find out how many people had the same impression

Edit: I read the rest of the answers and realised I 've totally missed the point of "giving the first impression". Oh, well, nevermind