User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I went with the tower.

I noticed that the picture was a bit disorienting at first, probably because it was photographed from an odd angle that makes the base look larger and the top look shorter and thinner. I think the angle works because it is looking down one of the curved vertical section of the tower, which makes the whole curved vertical section look shorter, and by comparison the rest of the base was far away. (This is a bit of a ramble, otherwise nothing stuck out except that it was the Eiffel tower, and the strange angle is hard to get past.)

Edit: Actually, another disorienting thing is possibly that the ground is sloped, and the skyline doesn't appear, which makes it seem as if the ground is curving away. (noticed it after looking a second time.)

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

A Space

INXJ

I can immediately feel its quiet and cool. It gives a sense of calm. The lines are ordered and resolved. The soft glow of light provides a diffuse contrast to the rigidity and clarity of the design. The railing alongside the left wall provides a soothing asymmetry to the whole. I think it is an art museum, a place where inner thoughts are silently displayed. It’s a place I want to sit in and stay without looking at a clock. I want the time to be measured only by the slowing evolving glow of the light. When it all becomes dark, then I will leave. There are images hanging alongside the right wall. I will look at them, but there is no rush. There is something to see out the right window. I want to guess what it is first. I take off my shoes to feel the smoothness of the floor, take a deep breath, then wander over to the window. I lay down in the glow of the light on the floor and let go.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I guess I'll do the other two.

The space looks almost like a prison with no cells, the front with the windows looks like and entrance to a large building, where some sort of meeting room might be, the walkway with the metal stairs seems too metallic to go inside a building, and prisons are the only places I've heard of that do that. It also helps that the floor is completely bare, and just about everything is whitish, which adds a concrete look to it, and the floor has enough sunlight to partially cover up the wood.

The painting is very bare bones, it reminds me a a mix between the Salvador Dali paintings I've seen (Thanks to the objects), medieval paintings with no perspective (though this one has very simple perspective) and modern paintings with blocks and such. I don't really get anything out of it, though it is a wierd mixture of qualities.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes, I agree that the painting seemed to be an amateur Dali painting. Though it had fine surrealistic values, it wasn't particularly interesting to look at.

Image: A Tower

Type: ESTP

Observations:

It's the eiffel tower
    It's taken from almost directly underneath the tower
    It's late in the day
    there are still people milling around
    The tower looks rusty
    It's a cold day

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think the painting is a De Chirico painting. He has a tendency to use very long shadows and statue body parts and it feels like some of his other pieces.

Enneagram
    1w2

A Space

First impressions: Sterile, empty, white, modern.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I think the painting is a De Chirico painting. He has a tendency to use very long shadows and statue body parts and it feels like some of his other pieces.
    Yes! Thank you. I googled him, couldn't find this exact picture but the style is very similar and there's a painting by him with a very similar statue woman's face like this one. And the name is familiar and I'm pretty sure I did see some of his art work in a gallery about 10 or 15 years ago. That had been mildly bugging me that I couldn't remember the artist's name.

(I know this was off-topic but I guess it's insight into how an NT processes visual input over time )
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Some of the answers almost seem too stereotypically S or N, if they are actual, honest answers without the ideas of what a person's type "should" notice, that would be amazing.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    Some of the answers almost seem too stereotypically S or N, if they are actual, honest answers without the ideas of what a person's type "should" notice, that would be amazing.
    I was making a supreme effort to be as S as I could and actually pay attention to the details. (I'm INTP) But I couldn't. So I just wrote down my thought processes anyway. I kept trying to focus on the details but, well, you know, the connections between what I was looking at and what's in my head was all that was really happening for me. I can pay attention to seeing what's really there if I have to, but I have to switch off NT-ing to do that .
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.