• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensing/iNtuiting Game: Perceiving Differences

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I did two since I'm bored. My type is INTJ. (can't wait to read the other posts!)

A Tower

Giant, imposing, beautiful. OH! Its the Eiffel Tower! I want to visit France some day. The thing is so strong and daunting, impressive even. I see now why people want to visit it. It must be morning or dusk, the sun looks close to the horizon. I wonder what it looks like with all the lights on... what is the little thing waaay at the top? Is it a flag? I wonder if its the French flag. From this angle it is amost as if I could climb it or tip it over. I wonder how long it would be... Do people actually climb all the way to the top? Like the Empire state building? which one is taller? Seems like I should know that. I like how the light appears broken into patterns in the beams and supports... it is appealing to the eye. The buildings and city below it almost seem a mere afterthought. How would it feel to live so close to it, to see it every day? Would it become like so many other things a person takes for granted?

A Space

What a lonely place... where are the inabitants? Its almost scary or freaky like it belongs in a movie... very dramatic. Who would think that a place like that could be 'dramatic'. I wonder what is along the left... is it a ramp? Stairs? Weird. I can't really see where it ends. It looks like little papers stuck to the wall on the right... who would leave paper when everything else was gone? Is it just reflections? The place needs some lamps and a couch. Maybe I could make it into a cool bar. Of course I'd hate to have a bunch of idiots in there ruining the hard wood floor. OHHHH I know, it needs to be a Kung Fu practice area! ... where can I rent this at?

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
^^ Was written as a stream of consciousness as I looked at them, just typing what popped into my head.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
type: isfp

a tower: a view of the Eiffel tower from below. The picture is kind of off center. The photographer seems to be on a hill or something elevated because the people look as if they are on a slightly lower level. There are two separate perspective points in this picture. One is on the level of the people and the other is straight up. It confuses the eye a little but it makes for an interesting view of the Eiffel tower.

a space: large and empty. Lots of geometric lines. Big windows. Pretty much everything is big. One point perspective. The floor is an interesting wood but, in general, this space doesn't seem very attractive or appealing of a place to be. It is functional for something (I'm not sure what) but doesn't seem comfortable for people at all.

a painting: nice composition, great shadows. I like the head and hands coming out of the building. It seems somewhat surreal. The big head and hands coming from the building remind me of Alice in Wonderland, when she had eaten one end of the cookie and was too large to fit through the door!
Colors: mainly red and green... complementary colors... it made the weirdly green sky seem OK. That didn't bother me at all.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My type is . . . a mystery. Introverted intuitive something-or-other that's probably Perceiving.

(Jotted thoughts on) The Painting.

I notice a pair of hands sticking out of a wall. I notice that these hands appear to belong to a stone disembodied head. This head has a vaguely eerie quality that owes very little to its lack of a body. The hands for just an instant appear to be reaching out for something--not the cube, but nothing at all. And that's just it: they aren't reaching for anything but merely dangling there. The hands look as if they're held prisoner, as if they would like to be set free--they're reaching for freedom and presenting themselves for any passing savior. They don't particularly expect to be set free any time soon, though; they're hanging in a manner that suggests it could happen at any time, or perhaps never. The cube below is caught beneath the surface of a pond of shadow rather than water; it, too, is imprisoned, though it likely doesn't mind. There is a statue in the background like a cat on its haunches, made of terribly worn bone or dried chewing gum or a combination of those. The cat casts an oddly long shadow; it must have a great many burdens on its shoulders, as is said of things that cast long shadows. At least I think that's said of such things. And what a silly-looking train in the background. It's like a child's toy or a keyhole letting off smoke. There must be a burning room on the other side of the door.

xx00oo00xx

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Well, since everyone else is writing out their thoughts on all the pictures:

A Space: I did it again a couple seconds ago and had the same experience as I did the first time.
- thought, "Aw cool, this would be a fun place to play around in." Basically along the lines of Misty Mountain's thinking:

OHHHH I know, it needs to be a Kung Fu practice area! ... where can I rent this at?

-my eyes touched the framework in the back of the room, then the window framework to the right and then they grinded along the ramp railing starting at the most immediate foreground and jumping off somewhere before the platform -- probably onto the next section of the ramp where they then wheeled down to the floor. Apparently my eyes like bmxing.

-the space is clean and minimalist with nice, solid, quality construction (concrete, metal, wood). Outside, the kungfu practitioners could continue practicing on the concrete floor and maybe try monkey crawling up that wall.

-I like this place.

xx00oo00xx

MBTI Type
Ixxx
A Painting: It's funny, but I kinda found this painting annoying.

- I noticed the statue head first and didn't like its dull, listless expression.

- I didn't like how the head (and hands) were in what looks like a modern, almost "cookie-cutter home" house and that the house was a dull gray, mango and brown.

- I didn't like that mango color in general, but combined with the purple of the shadows, it was ok.

- The sky was nice. Nice shades and blending of yellow, green and green-black. The building in the background was the greatest thing in the painting. It looked like it had thatched roofs despite being so huge and made of solid stone! And the flags and pillars gave it a royal sort of look.

- The people didn't really grab my attention. They were probably saying something like, "Is that supposed to be a lion?" (referring to the sculpture, of course) and then they probably squinted at the train in the distance and wished it were closer so they could get on it and leave this disappointing place.

-And what was the point of that box in front of the statue head? If it had to be a geometric shape, why not pick something more visually stimulating like a pyramid or a cylinder or a sphere?

Heh, that was fun.:devil::)

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
A Tower:

I only just realised it's a predatory animal. It waits for bait then crouches down and swallows people with its square metallic vagina.

You know what my type is.

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Da Painting!

I think there is a giraffe hiding in the building behind the tall window. The stoney person is beheaded, so maybe this is the house of death. The poor giraffe is going to be decapitated as well. Must be on another planet as well, as the sky has a weird colour and in the background a vulcano is exploding, yet the people in the front behave like it is the most usual thing on earth or not earth in this case. The architects seemed to be on drugs, and why the hell are the shutters closed, when the sun is coming from the other side? Maybe the giraffe likes it dark or is even blind and it makes no difference for her. The spiderhouse on the left is interesting, it looks like it would start running on its column legs any minute, like those Starwars Walkers. Maybe the vulcano is no vulcano, the black ink below the mountain could be a train who is on it's suicide way to ram into the spiderhouse. One more reason to move. Up you go Spiderhouse.
Spiderpig Spiderpig *sing* :doh:

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Type:XSFP

Eiffel tower: The tower itself is massive and imposing... the picture is obviously taken horizontally from camera pointing upwards.The towers skeleton itself seems to be structured on interwoving x-shaped beams... with a concrete supporting basis. The four egded top reaching into the sky, and the cohesion of the structure cojoining into one.

Tourists and bypassers are walking around.. marvelling at the giant structure. There is a grand building in background.. with the grass-mats and trees heading towards its. And an additional mass of 17th century buildings on the left side.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A Tower:

I only just realised it's a predatory animal. It waits for bait then crouches down and swallows people with its square metallic vagina.

You know what my type is.

That was exactly my impression, too. Not the vagina part, but the crouching down and swallowing you. I thought I wanted to do the tower until I opened the picture and then I immediately shut it.

Jaguar

de-chirico-piazza.jpg

The statue in the window looks trapped. Poor guy looks like he may be going to get his head chopped off. What is that right in the middle? Looks like a polar bear sunbathing. Those two guys look like they are up to no good. Some kind of drug deal maybe. What a weird looking train station. Looks like aliens might live there. Looks authoritarian.

Some kind of drug deal? :rofl1:

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
IMAGE: A tower

TYPE: ENFP

WHAT I NOTICED: It's the Eiffel tower, shot from below, people underneath, cloudy sky, from this distance some of the metal work look like lace.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know what this image is so I'll just paste it here.

de-chirico-piazza.jpg

Type: ENTJ

First thing I noticed was the house. Then I saw the face in the window. I was thinking to myself why the fuck is there a face in the huge window? What are the hands doing there? What is this trying to say?

Then as I looked around I was like, "what am I missing? This is some kind of joke." I don't know what the tower is supposed to mean and I don't know what that white slab is doing in the middle. Maybe it's the where the head and the hands came from? What are those people doing? Seems like a bunch of mafia men to me.

THEY'RE DOING A ROBBERY.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
eiffel-tower-from-below.jpg

Reaction: Hmm, that's the Eiffel tower. Symbol of France thrusting its erect dick to the heavens. Why's the base so clogged with tourists? Wait, yeah the Eiffel tower's tourist mecca -- you can't go there and be alone. No one wants to get off France's dick, that poor country is so oversexualized. :cry: WHYYYYYYY?! /end theatrics.

Type: ENTJ. Or possibly ENFJ, or ESTP (or ESFP). Depends on what system you're using. If it matters, my Socionics type is most definitely ENFj.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I picked this one because it is the only one that still works. I don't know if I'm active or the chorus or if it still matters, I'm posting just because it is here. I don't even know if you can call these observations as much as ramblings... (ENFP)

What I notice...
1- the tower looks like a cowboy in a duel + france = cowboys and aliens
2- is there another cowboy?
3- baby stroller
4- barrel distortion
5- picture would be better with a better sky
6- i would like to see the same angle at night
7- rule of thirds was kind of followed
8- now i'm thinking about what it would be like to live so close to an iconic structure that it becomes routine part of your day and you stop noticing that it is there
9- there seems to be some building in the background... are they on opposite ends of a long rectangular lawn? i have never been there
10- i have seen the eifel tower so many times but i have no idea about any of the surroundings... weird. it is so well known but has absolutely no context in my mind
11- can you go inside it? it seems like you should be able to but i don't see any people on/in it
12- i bet it is cold there
13- it is probably pretty cool to live somewhere that you can go to such vastly different cultures in a short span of distance
14- what kind of maintenance do they have to do on the tower? does it have lights and stuff?

G

garbage

ENFP, Tower. Vomiting out my train of thought here.

Boy, that sure is the Eiffel Tower. The way it's shot makes it look almost like it reaches the sky.. kinda poignant. It's even 'foggy' at the top, which makes it look like it extends to the clouds. There are people there, but I don't know what to make of them. Of course they're tourists, mainly. There's a baby in a stroller that's all covered up.. I wonder what that's all about?

If you look at the first 'floor' of the tower, it kinda looks like a grumpy face. Dammit, that's all I see now, is a huge grumpy guardian of Paris with an antenna that extends to the sky. I think my perception of the Eiffel Tower is forever ruined.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Image: Tower
Link to A Space didn't work but thats ok because i was hoping it would just be an image of (outer) space and misread it anyway.
Umm...my type is ENFP

It's a huge intricate metal structure (it reminds me of a telephone pylon) which could be linked up to several others amidst a plethora of giant satellite dishes to communicate with extraterrestrials.
Theres the obvious phallic connection but i'm guessing thats been overused already. Hmm... why has it been built, to indicate wealth maybe, importance... a stamp!
Ok, thats my few second immediate response...will now look at others posts.
P.s i would have liked it to be another kind of tower, maybe a medieval one, or a futuristic one... hum ho.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type: ISTJ (Si-Ne)
Tower:

The bottom is so weirdly angled, is it leaning into something? It's all swelled and- *glances up and recognizes it as the Eiffel tower*. Ah. A very wide angle. There's a building off into the distance, it reminds me of the U.S capital building. Wait, on the left, are they beating up an old woman? *looks at trees for a bit and then returns to the "old woman"* Oh, silly me, it's a guy pushing a carriage! There's a faint rectangle in the corner, perhaps an office building. It reminds me of how near the Taj Mahal, there are a lot of regular shacks. Well, except this is the ritzier version. Hey, recently I saw that picture [in history class] of the acropolis and then there was a totally modern city behind it. Ha, I tried to find Mcdonalds. I didn't find it, but I did see something that looks like Taco Bell. Back to the acropolis. I'm mad that there are souvenir and refreshment stands at the acropolis today. It ruins the beauty and grandeur.

Oh man, I was supposed to be making observations about the picture. I wasn't even talking about the picture anymore. The acropolis? Really, Owfin?