Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    * Chose the 3rd image (painting)

* Type = INTP

* Noticed: Someone trapped

MBTI
    INTP

INfP
    A Painting:
    Oooo, I love this one. Awesome, modern architecture, and I love the lighting of the photo. The huge room's empty, and it seems cold, almost a bit frightening. Like you could expect a ghost to pop out or something, despite the modern look. It kind of seems like if the photograph was taking facing the left wall, you'd see doors along the corridor on the second floor. At first, I figured that it was day time thinking that the very back of the room (past the glass wall) was outside, until I noticed the trees in the top-right hand corner on a dark background. Knowing that the chamber all the way back is actually another room and doesn't lead outside gives it an even colder feeling. If there were plants back there, it would totally change the mood of the building thing as a whole. If there were people, plants, and FURNITURE, it would give the place a much warmer, friendlier feel.
    Morgenstern ach scheine auf die liebste meine

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by pocket lint View Post
    ?
    Hey, it's the first thing that came to mind

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Rules for Active Players:
    In your post:
    • Identify which image you chose.
    • Identify your Type, if it's not included in your profile.
    • Record what you notice, as you notice it. Try to capture your first impressions.
    A space
    INFP

Light and shadows
    Mixture of indoor and outdoor areas
    The indoor area is only illuminated from light of the outdoor areas
    Lots of windows
    Looks like one of the open areas does not have reflections, might not be a window.
    A feeling of solitude - even though there are lots of windows, the only thing that can be seen is what appears to be enclosed outdoor areas
    hardwood floor distinguishes the indoor area
    Stairs lead to a walkway that leads to the unknown
    The rail of the stairs and upper area has a glossy shine to it
    Counter/desk/table with nothing on it near the stairs

The room has a comforting feel to it, like it would be a nice place to relax if there were some furiture. It looks like it could be a reception area or lobby, it could also be an empty part of an art gallery or meuseum.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I choose the space.

First thing I noticed, that's not a real space. It's a 3-d rendering, and the name of the file agrees with me. This reflection stemmed from the fact that it reminded me of a videogame, even if I don't exactly remember which one. I though that the space under the stairs was a good place for campering, and that probably the window on the right, if broken, leads to a nuclear-vault-like section of the level. Basically, I identified it as a part of a deathmatch map rather than a real space. I also noticed how the perspective of the little cubicles on the right is skewed - or rather that there are two options, either the perspective is done poorly or they are not symmetrically cut with the exact same dimensions. Secondly, the shadow on the sofa-like thingy in the middle of the room, near the window at the center, is done poorly because it does not gradually shade towards a darker color but rather transitions in blocks. Thirdly, the attempt at creating a reflection of the walkway on the window on the right is done just as poorly because the light is entering the room in such a way that it's not possible that, given the position of the walkway, the final part can be reflected too. For that to be plausible the angle of the light coming from the right should be changed to a steeper one.

MBTI
    INTJ

Tower : classic shot of the Eiffel Tower from almost underneath it. I have taken one like it myself. A bit under-exposed -- could be improved in Photoshop.

Space : Interesting shot of a modern, empty room or hall, with subtle lighting. Looks like an outside yard to the right.

Painting : Don't like that kind of art (Dali-ish) -- wouldn't have it on my wall.

What conclusions from this exercise then ?
    INTJ bordering on ISTJ

MBTI
    eNFP

I chose #2, the space.

I am strongly intuitive.

Impressions: It's quiet and peaceful; yet somehow also lonely and barren, and just a little bit cold (especially over near the stairway/walkway, and possibly in the adjacent room too, though I'm not as sure about the coldness of the other room; it has more potential for warmth). The space pictured has potential, and by that I mean good potential.

autumn

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I did not want to choose any of those pictures because:

Eiffel tower: First impression was that the picture is threatening because of the photo angle (looking up to the tower). The picture made me feel uncomfortable and I don't like that feeling.

Space: First impression: too structured space, too functional architecture for my taste. The picture made me feel to restricted and I hate feeling restricted.

Painting: Too abstract. I don't like abstract art, I like more of traditional art (landscapes, flower arrangements, people etc.). Abstract art makes me feel restless. I don't like that feeling.

So, what does it mean when I don't want to choose. Too strong P, or too much F?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    This game shows how a preference for Sensing or iNtuiting affects what you pick up on. If you are not sure if you prefer Sensing or iNtuiting, you may find value in observing what people with different perceiving preferences notice.

Participants:
    • Active Players (people who are sure of your perceiving preference and are comfortable sharing)
    • The Chorus (people who are unsure of your perceiving preference or who would simply prefer not to be an active player)

The game:
    • Choose one of the images below.
    • Avoid reading any other player's responses before replying.
    • Record what you notice about the image.

Rules for Active Players:
    In your post:
    • Identify which image you chose.
    • Identify your Type, if it's not included in your profile.
    • Record what you notice, as you notice it. Try to capture your first impressions.

Rules for the Chorus:
    Please let a few active players post before joining the discussion. After that, you're welcome to comment and ask questions.
    (Ostensible) type: INTJ

Image: The Tower

As you look up, you see a tower, leaping high into the sky like a rocket with a tether cord. It looks so majestic from down here, towering over all that it surveys, like a god over his people. It's barely visible from beyond the wispy clouds. In this way, it is almost...ethereal...as you cannot truly ascertain it's entire form beyond the wispy clouds and the haze. The people encircling around it are looking up, trying to view the structural homage to humanity's innate desire for domination of our lush, green earth. They are staring in awe, even braving the elements (they are wearing coats) to stand in tribute to the enigmatic yet eye-catching landmark, which stands unmoved, indifferent to the troubles which may be pervading the earth and the lives of those people at this very moment, as if...it is above it all.

That was my first impression.
    Last edited by DaRick; 12-20-2007 at 09:31 AM.
    MBTI: INFJ (I: 100% N:58% F: 58% J: 84%)
    Socionics: INFJ
    Enneagram: 4w5 sp/so/sx

a space-

i feel a sad vibe from this one... i notice there is no stairs so maybe a disabled person lives thier?... but how would they get up the no stairs thing =.=? it looks a trap or a prison... a prison of one's mind maybe. they can see the "light" or the way out (got that from the light shooting down from the walls) but can't get there- kinda like a torture or crazy house or a house that would make you crazy... sorry i think i'm thinking too much... but it's uh... depressing... but i am making assumptions off of what i'm seeing... so yeah... i think i'm very wrong.