• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best ways to type

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was wondering if you think more detailed or general descriptions are better when picking a type (whether it's mbti, enneagram or whatever). I personally think general descriptions are better since I tend to over think things and think of tons of exceptions when they're detailed. If it's general then I don't have many opportunities for that.

Gawain

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That depends heavily on the type of person reading it. For folks like yourself, concise might be best. But too concise, and some people will dismiss typology as just meaningless generalities that apply to everyone. More details might be best for people who are enneagram type 9. Since they have a tendancy to copycat, more details mean more opportunities for them to recognize the differences bewteen themselves and others. Or enneagram type 5, who like might like the extra data to analyse. And of course, some of it might be just preference. I could also imagine an ennegram type 5 having the same issue you are experiencing.

Personally, I like as much info as possible. I'm a 4 that likes reading about myself, and my 5 wing likes to analyse the differences between myself and others. (Special snowflake problems, I know. lol) when getting into a new system, I first type myself, but then I always try to type my closest friends and family next. So extra info helps me pinpoint differences. But while I prefer the extra info, I would never make a value judgement that it is somehow inherently better just because it's better for me.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like reading detailed information about types too. I just like to start out with the main defining factors between each type before.