• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Special Abilities

locke

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've seen some jokes about the mystical aspects of certain types. Such as INFJ's can read your mind, or INTJ's can see into the future. So what kind of super powers would you associate with other types?

sleepless

MBTI Type
INFJ
There's not necessarily anything "supernatural" with being able to read other people's minds, it's something that naturally follows the NiFe combination. Maybe some other types too, I don't really know, and not all INFJs, but some... future-reading is more diffcult, I have an INFJ friend who has done this lots of times, and it definitely seems to be a Ni thing, but I think there must be something more needed. Not really my thing though, I haven't done it enough times myself to be sure I've actually done it... :rolli:

Actually, if any function is to be associated with various kinds of "supernatural" things, whether they exist or not, I think it's Ni. After all, you have to agree it *is* a bit mystical. ;)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
entj - omniscience

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, the better your N is, the more you'll be able to read patterns that cause certain effects. So it is in a way mind reading, or future reading, but basically we are talking about calculating probabilities of different futures or different states of mind.

But, you could as easily think that some S is supernatural for being able to do three flips in the air and landing on their feet. Or they might have "supernatural" memory for details.

sleepless

MBTI Type
INFJ
but basically we are talking about calculating probabilities of different futures or different states of mind.
I think this is the Ne approach; calculating, guessing, seeing what could be; Ni is more actual seeing, essentially not different from seeing with your eyes, only that Ni is rather like "your inner eye", if you get the picture... and generally what you see is right, only that most of the time it's all fogged up so you can't be sure... Ni is rather what is/will be than what could be. When reading a person's intentions, emotions, impulses etc, you either see or you do not see (am I right, fellow INJs?).

But, you could as easily think that some S is supernatural for being able to do three flips in the air and landing on their feet. Or they might have "supernatural" memory for details.
Haha, yeah... that kind of things are beyond my grasp.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I think this is the Ne approach; calculating, guessing, seeing what could be; Ni is more actual seeing, essentially not different from seeing with your eyes, only that Ni is rather like "your inner eye", if you get the picture... and generally what you see is right, only that most of the time it's all fogged up so you can't be sure... Ni is rather what is/will be than what could be. When reading a person's intentions, emotions, impulses etc, you either see or you do not see (am I right, fellow INJs?).

Oh, yes, I should have said i was talking about Ne. Isn't Ni supposed to link to archetypes and symbols and such? For me, I can read people's emotions and then think about what they might do ("think" is maybe confusing, because it should be Fi that is at work when I do that), I don't see anything more to it. It isn't supernatural, just perception. The same thing with possible future outcomes of a situation.

sleepless

MBTI Type
INFJ
Isn't Ni supposed to link to archetypes and symbols and such?
This is something I have never quite understood... I don't know if I do it because I don't really get what it means. I mean, I don't see what kind of "archetypes" I'm supposed to be so attracted to... It means nothing to me.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Introverted Intuition is a complete mystery to me. So much so that I'm skeptical of anyone who claims to understand it.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Introverted Intuition is a complete mystery to me. So much so that I'm skeptical of anyone who claims to understand it.

Me too...

This is something I have never quite understood... I don't know if I do it because I don't really get what it means. I mean, I don't see what kind of "archetypes" I'm supposed to be so attracted to... It means nothing to me.

Jung wrote that Ni is supposed to take some useful stuff out of "collective (un)consciousness". He believed that the history of your ancestors is somehow inherited to you. I have no idea how this is supposed to help you perceive the world...

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs win a wildly disproportionate number of "Guess How Many Jellybeans Are In This Jar" contests.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm an INFJ and I don't understand Introverted Intuition! It is very useful to just "know" things at times, however.

I also get "psychic" flashes at times, such as accurately reading other people's minds, or knowing exactly what's about to happen. This ability is very erractic, unfortunately. Sometimes my intuition is uncannily accurate, but at other times it dries up completely. I wish I knew how to switch it on at need!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
ISTP: Can fix anything with only duct tape and WD-40

locke

MBTI Type
INFJ
ESTP: Can sell you a POS used car, when you probably don't even need one. Umm... a car that is, no one needs a POS.

Snail

MBTI Type
INFP
We INFPs can absorb external negativity into ourselves until it forms a black hole in the center of our chests and destroys us. That's our magical power. Pretty neat, huh?

I've heard that we're all empaths, and some of us can't turn it off at will, so it gets pretty miserable, especially if we are surrounded by negative or hostile people or have to be around too much conflict.

I find myself extra receptive to the thoughts of others when I am sleeping. If someone is in the same room as I am, reading something late at night while I sleep, I will dream about whatever that person is reading about or thinking about. It happens just about every time.

I also occasionally pick up on songs that people have stuck in their heads, but I don't know the source when it happens, so I think that I am thinking of it randomly until I start humming it and get a shocked reaction from someone.

I am an artist, and I find that when I draw things without a plan, just letting the art flow out, the things I draw end up relating to experiences that I will have weeks, months, or years in the future. Usually this is disturbing when it happens because the drawings that come true are rarely about positive things. This ability is just as useless as knowing songs that are stuck in people's heads because I have no way of knowing which drawings will relate to the future and which are just ordinary art until after the events that I draw about happen, and by then it is too late to change anything.

locke

MBTI Type
INFJ
We INFPs can absorb external negativity into ourselves until it forms a black hole in the center of our chests and destroys us. That's our magical power. Pretty neat, huh?

My chest is imploding!!!!! (I think we need an emoticon)

Last edited:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've seen some jokes about the mystical aspects of certain types. Such as INFJ's can read your mind, or INTJ's can see into the future. So what kind of super powers would you associate with other types?

ENTP's can accomplish anything.

Jack Flak said:

I believe I have a decent understanding of it (as much as I do the other functions). Skepticize away. :)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For the record, Jack, no one, not even Ni-reliant users like myself, understands fully what the heck it does. I've seen it nailed down in theory, picked apart, jabbed at, boiled, skewered, eaten with cream cheese. But as to it's "here I am!" four corners, it's an amorphous blob that reserves the right to change at any moment.

I strike mine with my shoe frequently. That maintains order for a good ten minutes. At least until an Ne-user comes along to take control.