User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Special Abilities

I've seen some jokes about the mystical aspects of certain types. Such as INFJ's can read your mind, or INTJ's can see into the future. So what kind of super powers would you associate with other types?

MBTI
    INFJ

There's not necessarily anything "supernatural" with being able to read other people's minds, it's something that naturally follows the NiFe combination. Maybe some other types too, I don't really know, and not all INFJs, but some... future-reading is more diffcult, I have an INFJ friend who has done this lots of times, and it definitely seems to be a Ni thing, but I think there must be something more needed. Not really my thing though, I haven't done it enough times myself to be sure I've actually done it... :rolli:

Actually, if any function is to be associated with various kinds of "supernatural" things, whether they exist or not, I think it's Ni. After all, you have to agree it *is* a bit mystical.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

entj - omniscience
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Yeah, the better your N is, the more you'll be able to read patterns that cause certain effects. So it is in a way mind reading, or future reading, but basically we are talking about calculating probabilities of different futures or different states of mind.

But, you could as easily think that some S is supernatural for being able to do three flips in the air and landing on their feet. Or they might have "supernatural" memory for details.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    entj - omniscience
    This coming from the entj? :P I always figured intjs (socionics intps) as omniscient.

MBTI
    INFJ

but basically we are talking about calculating probabilities of different futures or different states of mind.
    I think this is the Ne approach; calculating, guessing, seeing what could be; Ni is more actual seeing, essentially not different from seeing with your eyes, only that Ni is rather like "your inner eye", if you get the picture... and generally what you see is right, only that most of the time it's all fogged up so you can't be sure... Ni is rather what is/will be than what could be. When reading a person's intentions, emotions, impulses etc, you either see or you do not see (am I right, fellow INJs?).

But, you could as easily think that some S is supernatural for being able to do three flips in the air and landing on their feet. Or they might have "supernatural" memory for details.
    Haha, yeah... that kind of things are beyond my grasp.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless View Post
    I think this is the Ne approach; calculating, guessing, seeing what could be; Ni is more actual seeing, essentially not different from seeing with your eyes, only that Ni is rather like "your inner eye", if you get the picture... and generally what you see is right, only that most of the time it's all fogged up so you can't be sure... Ni is rather what is/will be than what could be. When reading a person's intentions, emotions, impulses etc, you either see or you do not see (am I right, fellow INJs?).
    Oh, yes, I should have said i was talking about Ne. Isn't Ni supposed to link to archetypes and symbols and such? For me, I can read people's emotions and then think about what they might do ("think" is maybe confusing, because it should be Fi that is at work when I do that), I don't see anything more to it. It isn't supernatural, just perception. The same thing with possible future outcomes of a situation.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    entj - omniscience
    More like invincibility, not that you can't be hurt, but you guys have away of finding away around it like no other type.

MBTI
    INFJ

Isn't Ni supposed to link to archetypes and symbols and such?
    This is something I have never quite understood... I don't know if I do it because I don't really get what it means. I mean, I don't see what kind of "archetypes" I'm supposed to be so attracted to... It means nothing to me.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Introverted Intuition is a complete mystery to me. So much so that I'm skeptical of anyone who claims to understand it.