• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Special Abilities

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For the record, Jack, no one, not even Ni-reliant users like myself, understands fully what the heck it does. I've seen it nailed down in theory, picked apart, jabbed at, boiled, skewered, eaten with cream cheese. But as to it's "here I am!" four corners, it's an amorphous blob that reserves the right to change at any moment.

I kind of feel the same way about Si. I don't really get it. I mean, I have kind of an insane memory, but that's all I can connect to it. (Actually, I have a tendency to be fascinated by tiny sensory details, like a wrinkle in someone's skirt, and I'll be happy staring at it for minutes straight, but I don't know if that's just me being weird, or something to do with Si.)

ESTJ: Capable of working LONG hours on a MONOTONOUS task and NEVER GETTING BORED, OR NEEDING A BREAK. We're like "SUPER ENDURANCE (WO)MAN!"

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ESTJ: Capable of working LONG hours on a MONOTONOUS task and NEVER GETTING BORED, OR NEEDING A BREAK. We're like "SUPER ENDURANCE (WO)MAN!"

That's amazing! :shock:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's amazing! :shock:

Thanks! I don't know if it's as amazing as the whole INFJ psychic thing, but it's something. We just kind of... get in the zone. I mean, I don't know if I ever got bored with ANYTHING until I was about 13.

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
Me too...

Jung wrote that Ni is supposed to take some useful stuff out of "collective (un)consciousness". He believed that the history of your ancestors is somehow inherited to you. I have no idea how this is supposed to help you perceive the world...

it does...it is a very spiffy power...been honing mine for years until the time was right to make my move....soon, very soon...

anyway, archtypes are the perfect way of doing things at a given time (archtypal)...the cues for this are so vast, no mind (conscious mind) could hold it...I just "ping" my readings from the exterior world (Fe & Se) back to my inner world (Ni & Ti)...when I do this, the archtypal world inside "adjusts" the behavior of the people and the environment in my mind...this tells me how it is "suppossed" to be done...how an archtype would do it...often several archtypes vie at once to be the one to give you the "answer"...that is why it is more of an art than a science..

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think this is the Ne approach; calculating, guessing, seeing what could be; Ni is more actual seeing, essentially not different from seeing with your eyes, only that Ni is rather like "your inner eye", if you get the picture... and generally what you see is right, only that most of the time it's all fogged up so you can't be sure... Ni is rather what is/will be than what could be. When reading a person's intentions, emotions, impulses etc, you either see or you do not see (am I right, fellow INJs?).

Haha, yeah... that kind of things are beyond my grasp.

Ni is the archtypal stream itself...one part is the human patterns (Fe/INFJ) and one part is the system patterns (Te/INTJ)...together the posses the complete archtypal "diagram/framework"...this gets updated constantly.

This of course is only half of the intuitive grid map, the introverted side. This needs to get "pinged" to the outer world...need those ENFPs & ENTPs for that. They are the masters there.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks! I don't know if it's as amazing as the whole INFJ psychic thing, but it's something. We just kind of... get in the zone. I mean, I don't know if I ever got bored with ANYTHING until I was about 13.

God, really! That's almost the total opposite of how I am - boredom is my greatest enemy! I have a mind stuffed full of useful(less) facts, tunes, fantasies, evil plans and alternate universes. At the slightest hint of boredom, I will retreat inside faster than some kind of fast thing going much faster than usual.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
God, really! That's almost the total opposite of how I am - boredom is my greatest enemy! I have a mind stuffed full of useful(less) facts, tunes, fantasies, evil plans and alternate universes. At the slightest hint of boredom, I will retreat inside faster than some kind of fast thing going much faster than usual.

OMG, I now have an insight into the minds of Is! Thank you! Your mind sounds like a fun place to be, btw... like a theme park!

Whenever I retreat inside my head (intentionally - it happens accidentally more than I'd like), it usually isn't a good thing. It's the Si... I start thinking about stupid things I've done in the past and get embarrassed all over again.

Another special ability, perhaps? Staying embarrassed about 10-second moments that don't even matter very much for as long as 5 years?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I kind of feel the same way about Si. I don't really get it. I mean, I have kind of an insane memory, but that's all I can connect to it. (Actually, I have a tendency to be fascinated by tiny sensory details, like a wrinkle in someone's skirt, and I'll be happy staring at it for minutes straight, but I don't know if that's just me being weird, or something to do with Si.)

You should see when my Se betrays me. There's lots of ungraceful weeping and Savage Garden. ahee!

lol! My ESTJ mother breaks up the monotony of work by calling us and going on long silly rants about made-up stuff, like the time she got her ESTJ coworker to play along with a fake silly "I've taken your dog, little girl!" phone call. Co-worker sat behind her barking really loud, and mom said, "You hear him?! That's right! And if you don't pay up, we'll take your cats too!" lol What a goose. She had planned on making a string of calls, all with different animal sounds, ranging from elephant to camel(?!?!). :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You should see when my Se betrays me. There's lots of ungraceful weeping and Savage Garden. ahee!

Wouldn't that be your F? I'm guessing that most 90's emo moments are caused by your F :D

And your mom sounds way more goofy than me! How did she score? (she sounds like a lot of fun. My INFJ mom is really random, but nothing compared to that!)

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OMG, I now have an insight into the minds of Is! Thank you! Your mind sounds like a fun place to be, btw... like a theme park!

Whenever I retreat inside my head (intentionally - it happens accidentally more than I'd like), it usually isn't a good thing. It's the Si... I start thinking about stupid things I've done in the past and get embarrassed all over again.

Another special ability, perhaps? Staying embarrassed about 10-second moments that don't even matter very much for as long as 5 years?

"Theme Park" is an excellent description of my mind. And that's not all good - sometimes I end up in the Haunted House!

Again, we're weirdly opposite to each other - I'm likely to be bounced unwillingly out of my head to discover I'm doing something really stupid in the present moment and get embarassed about that!

MBTI Type
INxJ
Introverted Intuition is a complete mystery to me. So much so that I'm skeptical of anyone who claims to understand it.

Agreed.

My super power is, being able to put my shirt on the right way. It sometimes fails me though. :doh:

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
INTJ's can see into the future.
Hmm.

'There are some who claim that it is impossible to see into the future, but only possible to see what is present and in front of our eyes. The future is uncertain, and only a God can see beyond the here and now. I do not share this view. I think that we can see into the future, but it is not our eyes with which we do this, at least not the two eyes on our face. Instead we peer into the future with our imagination, or our mind's eye. With this faculty we can see beyond the reports of our immediate senses, and plan our activities around events which have not yet occurred i.e. we can see them coming.

The objection might be made that I am playing with words, and that I am simply talking about how we make predictions, not talking about seeing into the future. The future is uncertain, and our predictions can be mistaken. To this, I readily admit, at least that our predictions, or our imaginings of the future, may be mistaken. However, by such a standard, it must also be impossible to see what is present in front of our eyes. The present is uncertain, and only a God can see the here and now. The reporting of our senses, or our imaginings about the here and now, can be mistaken too.

If it is to be said that we can see anything, then we see not with our immediate eyes, but our imagination, or our mind's eye, which can see not only into the future, but also into the past, and far beyond the reaches of our immediate senses, far into the depths of the universe.'​