User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Introverted Intuition is a complete mystery to me. So much so that I'm skeptical of anyone who claims to understand it.
    Me too...

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless View Post
    This is something I have never quite understood... I don't know if I do it because I don't really get what it means. I mean, I don't see what kind of "archetypes" I'm supposed to be so attracted to... It means nothing to me.
    Jung wrote that Ni is supposed to take some useful stuff out of "collective (un)consciousness". He believed that the history of your ancestors is somehow inherited to you. I have no idea how this is supposed to help you perceive the world...

INTJs win a wildly disproportionate number of "Guess How Many Jellybeans Are In This Jar" contests.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Introverted Intuition is a complete mystery to me. So much so that I'm skeptical of anyone who claims to understand it.
    I'm an INFJ and I don't understand Introverted Intuition! It is very useful to just "know" things at times, however.

I also get "psychic" flashes at times, such as accurately reading other people's minds, or knowing exactly what's about to happen. This ability is very erractic, unfortunately. Sometimes my intuition is uncannily accurate, but at other times it dries up completely. I wish I knew how to switch it on at need!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    ENFJ

ISTP: Can fix anything with only duct tape and WD-40
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ

ESTP: Can sell you a POS used car, when you probably don't even need one. Umm... a car that is, no one needs a POS.

MBTI
    INFP

We INFPs can absorb external negativity into ourselves until it forms a black hole in the center of our chests and destroys us. That's our magical power. Pretty neat, huh?

I've heard that we're all empaths, and some of us can't turn it off at will, so it gets pretty miserable, especially if we are surrounded by negative or hostile people or have to be around too much conflict.

I find myself extra receptive to the thoughts of others when I am sleeping. If someone is in the same room as I am, reading something late at night while I sleep, I will dream about whatever that person is reading about or thinking about. It happens just about every time.

I also occasionally pick up on songs that people have stuck in their heads, but I don't know the source when it happens, so I think that I am thinking of it randomly until I start humming it and get a shocked reaction from someone.

I am an artist, and I find that when I draw things without a plan, just letting the art flow out, the things I draw end up relating to experiences that I will have weeks, months, or years in the future. Usually this is disturbing when it happens because the drawings that come true are rarely about positive things. This ability is just as useless as knowing songs that are stuck in people's heads because I have no way of knowing which drawings will relate to the future and which are just ordinary art until after the events that I draw about happen, and by then it is too late to change anything.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    We INFPs can absorb external negativity into ourselves until it forms a black hole in the center of our chests and destroys us. That's our magical power. Pretty neat, huh?
    My chest is imploding!!!!! (I think we need an emoticon)
    Last edited by locke; 09-01-2008 at 02:38 AM. Reason: forgot to think

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by locke View Post
    I've seen some jokes about the mystical aspects of certain types. Such as INFJ's can read your mind, or INTJ's can see into the future. So what kind of super powers would you associate with other types?
    ENTP's can accomplish anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak
    I believe I have a decent understanding of it (as much as I do the other functions). Skepticize away.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

For the record, Jack, no one, not even Ni-reliant users like myself, understands fully what the heck it does. I've seen it nailed down in theory, picked apart, jabbed at, boiled, skewered, eaten with cream cheese. But as to it's "here I am!" four corners, it's an amorphous blob that reserves the right to change at any moment.

I strike mine with my shoe frequently. That maintains order for a good ten minutes. At least until an Ne-user comes along to take control.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    ENTP's can accomplish anything.
    Jack of all trades, master of none... :rolleyes2:
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI