• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne vs Ni quiz

Starry

Could have fooled me.

edit: ^apparently the comment my statement was directed towards was edited out by the user. what a shame.

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
okay now I think I know how I goofed up the test. Ne and Ni are perception functions, not functions that determine the answers to the questions that I put on there. basically intuition has to do with perceiving meanings and possibilities behind information, which a small number of those questions addressed, but I think I made up stupid random questions just to make the test longer and I was so caught up in making a fun quiz that I wasn't even focused on the actual functions and how they work. Sorry about that guys. I guess there could never be an accurate quiz when it's made with fun and appealing questions instead of just the standard ones you see on the tests. I'll try my best to make a shorter and more standard one in this post.
1. what best describes the kind of information you prefer to have
A: all the possibilities of a subject
B: the most likely possibility of a subject
2.What best describes your focus on information?
A: I tend to focus on possibilities for the present and the near future
B: I tend to focus on possibilities for the long term future
3. What best describes your style of taking in information?
A:I read between the lines based on sensory data and compare that to my past experiences
B: I wait for sensory information to build up and then compare it to my world view
4. Which best describes your view on novelty?
A: I am constantly looking for new ideas and am stimulated by new experiences
B: I am constantly looking for the one likely truth and I love thinking about new ideas.
5. Why do you like your favorite thing?
A: it gives me a chance to explore new ideas and concepts without restraint
B: it gives me the opportunity to envision likely outcomes and stimulate my mind.

I tried to be more objective with that one without adding unnecessary questions just for the effect. Tell me what you think of this one.

Starry

I definitely relate more to the Ni responses, though there are a few I could go kind of either way; but then, I've always known I'm a far cry from Ne.

Re bias in the presentation, from my pov that's hard to say; seems more that in the Ne responses, OP is simply more free-flowing in his speech, vs in Ni responses he is more careful in how he words it. That's all I've got. I agree a few of the Ni responses seem sort of 'boring', but tbh, I think I AM boring in many ways compared to Ne-doms/aux's, so there's that. Though tbh I think that's more MY own subjective thought re Ne. I think maybe we all tend to view 'different from us' as more interesting? dunno

I missed this response and appreciate it very much. Like I was telling Forever on the side... I was blown away by the 'Ni user' response in this thread and even wondered how different the criticism might have been if the OP had NFJ listed under their name.

When I read the Ni answers...they seem dynamic, alive, unstoppable...which is the very definition of badassery in my book while Ne appears as if it should be confined to the preschool classroom. Why it doesn't occur to others that the bias is more likely to be their own is beyond me... Science: It's not just for scientists anymore.

Likewise, we are all of different levels of understanding here. Maybe it would cut down on the hostility if others would ask for clarification and provide input and guidance instead of merely shooting down another's work.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I missed this response and appreciate it very much. Like I was telling Forever on the side... I was blown away by the 'Ni user' response in this thread and even wondered how different the criticism might have been if the OP had NFJ listed under their name.

When I read the Ni answers...they seem dynamic, alive, unstoppable...which is the very definition of badassery in my book while Ne appears as if it should be confined to the preschool classroom. Why it doesn't occur to others that the bias is more likely to be their own is beyond me... Science: It's not just for scientists anymore.

Likewise, we are all of different levels of understanding here. Maybe it would cut down on the hostility if others would ask for clarification and provide input and guidance instead of merely shooting down another's work.

Starry, lol since the nil existence of authentic NFJ's, a new NFJ I'd be still skeptical unless I'd got to know him/her really well. I tend to usually focus more on content because so many on this forum don't always settle on the first self-typing of themselves lol. So he/she could've been my exact same type (lol I'd pm/vm this person and see how similar we are) and I judge by content.

Like I said, Ni's are viewed as dull but I know for a fact I am not a dull person.

Anyway, I'd probably laugh is my more likely response.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
am i the only person who thinks the Ni responses sound cooler than the Ne?

Not really, I think they both have their merit, I mean I think the Ne responses are cool in their own way, and I think Ne-users are 'cool' just because they ARE different from me and represent such a different skillset / way of being that can be super interesting to me. But on the negative side, I can find them awfully flighty and sometimes annoying due to that ADHD element (and yah, Ni can be super annoying in its way, and restricted from a certain pov)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Not really, I think they both have their merit, I mean I think the Ne responses are cool in their own way, and I think Ne-users are 'cool' just because they ARE different from me and represent such a different skillset / way of being that can be super interesting to me. But on the negative side, I can find them awfully flighty and sometimes annoying due to that ADHD element

i took the quiz not because i thought it was gonna determine anything but i like to answer questions sometimes, and wanted to see what i would get and I was pretty evenly split 5 for ni and 4 for ne

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i took the quiz not because i thought it was gonna determine anything but i like to answer questions sometimes, and wanted to see what i would get and I was pretty evenly split 5 for ni and 4 for ne

Yeah, that's cool. I like quizzes too, though, I didn't actually tally this one up, just skimmed it and knew there was more Ni for me. But that said, there were some questions where I was kinda in the middle.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah, that's cool. I like quizzes too, though, I didn't actually tally this one up, just skimmed it and knew there was more Ni for me. But that said, there were some questions where I was kinda in the middle.

same. or none at all.

Starry

Starry, lol since the nil existence of authentic NFJ's, a new NFJ I'd be still skeptical unless I'd got to know him/her really well. I tend to usually focus more on content because so many on this forum don't always settle on the first self-typing of themselves lol. So he/she could've been my exact same type (lol I'd pm/vm this person and see how similar we are) and I judge by content.

Like I said, Ni's are viewed as dull but I know for a fact I am not a dull person.

Anyway, I'd probably laugh is my more likely response.

I totally just posted you a message that touches on much of the same haha! I'm going to go and like my favorite message in this thread now.

I'll also add that your responses in this thread were not troubling in the sense I've never seen you criticizing others for what you yourself do. There's no hypocrisy and "it's only right when I do it" in that.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let's B-b-break it down:

1. Which best describes your view of the future
A:I have several visions that I want to come true, and I'm working towards starting just one
B: I have a single vision and will stop at nothing to see it happen in reality​

Initially, the misuse of the word "vision" is what leads me, "ideas" or "certain aspects/creativities" for Ne may have balanced it.

2. What best describes your standing towards possibilities
A: I want to see and consider all possibilities
B: I want my mind to come up with the most likely possibility and trust that above all​

I guess the wording which makes Ni looks like they're closed minded, but if rewritten I think it'd be better. But not too bad.

3. What best describes your style of creativity?
A: my creativity is random and unconstrained, it just comes out
B: i create what I feel compelled to create at the moment​

Makes Ne lord of creativity. Ni is limited, no understanding of intentional creativity through mastery of Ni although clarification of Ni creativity could balance it as they're differently creative.

4.Your view of ideas?
A: ideas are great, they're limitless and no idea is wrong.
B: ideas are essential to the development of something greater, but ideas can be wrong if they don't fit in well with my sense of abstraction​

Kind of off tone because somehow the critical analysis is thrown in (which isn't wrong at all but kind of off putting to the average reader)

5. What best describes a perfect day for you?
A:Fighting aliens, climbing to the top of of a mountain, traveling through time, all while being with a bunch of ladies all with different personalities and innovating as a group.
B: basically just spending a day working on one particular idea and having an aha moment that improves my understanding of it​

Nothing's wrong with adding humor, but please do it for both. Obvious difference.

6. What would you invent if you had the chance?
A: I'd try to invent something that opens a new realm of possibilities to explore while solving a variety of issues
B: just something simple that solves the biggest problem in the world imo (world hunger, global warming, etc)​

No problem here, just use the word "simple" for Ni is kinda weird. Maybe I'm being too picky lol. Maybe only limits an Ni user to never expand thoughts. We do think of multiple issues, just fewer and in depth making it complex in nature. Oversimplification of we're just "oners" lol.

7. What do you value in a person?
A: I like people that don't conform to everyday life and suggest multiple different intriguing possibilities and opportunities
B: I like people who have a sense of motivation and vision while not opposing my theories​

This could be immature Ni. Possibly immature Ne, but people here on this forum are cool with those that don't conform to everyday life, so they get the upperhand, what about the Fi/Ni users. Adding Fi to Ne makes it not generalized as much anymore.

8. What kind of games do you like?
A: I like innovative and open ended games that allow me to explore and experiment.
B: I like any game that is of intellectual interest to me and allows abstract thinking.​

Sounds about right.

9. What do you view as a basic problem in society?
A: society is boring, mundane, and doesn't provide a lot of opportunities for adventure
B: society is too simple minded and doesn't understand the complexity of life.​

Just fine. Although this is immature Ni and Ne but it is balanced at least.

10: If you had the choice to take anything out of existence, why would you do it?
A: it isn't new anymore and it's just taking up space in a world full of excitement
B: It doesn't seem to fit in with the bigger picture. There's an extra, uneeded piece of the larger puzzle.​

Here's where Ne is actually targeted lol. But yeah balance it, probably use a different question.

There you go guys.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I totally just posted you a message that touches on much of the same haha! I'm going to go and like my favorite message in this thread now.

I'll also add that your responses in this thread were not troubling in the sense I've never seen you criticizing others for what you yourself do. There's no hypocrisy and "it's only right when I do it" in that.

I try lol. The more you know, the less you know and because the less you know, the less reason to think why you have so much more. Simple equation for integrity and equal respect for others. We're in this life together. :D (I used the word simple, take that critique hehe.)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I used to see a lot of function quizzes on here, so I will present my own, based on my personal favorite: intuition

A:I have several visions that I want to come true, and I'm working towards starting just one
B: I have a single vision and will stop at nothing to see it happen in reality
C: I set goals. I have visions/dreams, but I change them in the light of new knowledge and understanding that might make them obsolete or that causes me to see that they were short-sighted or unrealistic in terms of achievement.

B: I want my mind to come up with the most likely possibility and trust that above all
B: i create what I feel compelled to create at the moment
4.Your view of ideas?
B: ideas are essential to the development of something greater, but ideas can be wrong if they don't fit in well with my sense of abstraction
A:Fighting aliens, climbing to the top of of a mountain, traveling through time, all while being with a bunch of ladies all with different personalities and innovating as a group.
B: basically just spending a day working on one particular idea and having an aha moment that improves my understanding of it
A: I'd try to invent something that opens a new realm of possibilities to explore while solving a variety of issues
B: just something simple that solves the biggest problem in the world imo (world hunger, global warming, etc)
A: I like people that don't conform to everday life and suggest multiple different intriguing possibilities and opportunities
B: I like people who have a sense of motivation and vision while not opposing my theories
A: I like innovative and open ended games that allow me to explore and experiment.
B: I like any game that is of intellectual interest to me and allows abstract thinking.
A: society is boring, mundane, and doesn't provide a lot of opportunities for adventure
B: society is too simple minded and doesn't understand the complexity of life.
10: If you had the choice to take anything out of existence, why would you do it?
A: it isn't new anymore and it's just taking up space in a world full of excitement
B: It doesn't seem to fit in with the bigger picture. There's an extra, uneeded piece of the larger puzzle.

A answers are Ne, B answers are Ni. Note that this isn't meant to find Ni ir Ne in inferior intuitives and will probably mistype if intuition is inferior and not a big part of one's personality (I'm inferior Sensing and Se appeals to me more than Si)

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Okay phew so I got the ideas right, just the wording and presentation was wrong and I basically made Ni seem more narrow minded than it really is :p I was begginning to think I didn't understand the functions.
Let's B-b-break it down:

B: I have a single vision and will stop at nothing to see it happen in reality​

Initially, the misuse of the word "vision" is what leads me, "ideas" or "certain aspects/creativities" for Ne may have balanced it.

B: I want my mind to come up with the most likely possibility and trust that above all​

I guess the wording which makes Ni looks like they're closed minded, but if rewritten I think it'd be better. But not too bad.

B: i create what I feel compelled to create at the moment​

Makes Ne lord of creativity. Ni is limited, no understanding of intentional creativity through mastery of Ni although clarification of Ni creativity could balance it as they're differently creative.

4.Your view of ideas?
B: ideas are essential to the development of something greater, but ideas can be wrong if they don't fit in well with my sense of abstraction​

Kind of off tone because somehow the critical analysis is thrown in (which isn't wrong at all but kind of off putting to the average reader)

B: basically just spending a day working on one particular idea and having an aha moment that improves my understanding of it​

Nothing's wrong with adding humor, but please do it for both. Obvious difference.

B: just something simple that solves the biggest problem in the world imo (world hunger, global warming, etc)​

No problem here, just use the word "simple" for Ni is kinda weird. Maybe I'm being too picky lol. Maybe only limits an Ni user to never expand thoughts. We do think of multiple issues, just fewer and in depth making it complex in nature. Oversimplification of we're just "oners" lol.

A: I like people that don't conform to everyday life and suggest multiple different intriguing possibilities and opportunities
B: I like people who have a sense of motivation and vision while not opposing my theories​

This could be immature Ni. Possibly immature Ne, but people here on this forum are cool with those that don't conform to everyday life, so they get the upperhand, what about the Fi/Ni users. Adding Fi to Ne makes it not generalized as much anymore.

B: I like any game that is of intellectual interest to me and allows abstract thinking.​

Sounds about right.

B: society is too simple minded and doesn't understand the complexity of life.​

Just fine. Although this is immature Ni and Ne but it is balanced at least.

B: It doesn't seem to fit in with the bigger picture. There's an extra, uneeded piece of the larger puzzle.​

Here's where Ne is actually targeted lol. But yeah balance it, probably use a different question.

There you go guys.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Ni types are going to say that they aren't as closed-minded or narrow-visioned as your test depicts them. However, the fact is that they are, although they are too narrow-minded to understand this.

Sil

This is a test.
What's the third option when over half my answers are "neither?"

Guess I'll just be Nx.

tchudak

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1 B
2 A
3 B
4 B
5 B
6 A
7 A
8 A/B
9 B
10 A/B

B: 5/50%
A: 3/33,3%

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
B: I have a single vision and will stop at nothing to see it happen in reality

B: I want my mind to come up with the most likely possibility and trust that above all

B: i create what I feel compelled to create at the moment

4.Your view of ideas?
B: ideas are essential to the development of something greater, but ideas can be wrong if they don't fit in well with my sense of abstraction

B: basically just spending a day working on one particular idea and having an aha moment that improves my understanding of it

B: just something simple that solves the biggest problem in the world imo (world hunger, global warming, etc)

A: I like people that don't conform to everday life and suggest multiple different intriguing possibilities and opportunities
B: I like people who have a sense of motivation and vision while not opposing my theories

B: I like any game that is of intellectual interest to me and allows abstract thinking.

B: society is too simple minded and doesn't understand the complexity of life.

B: It doesn't seem to fit in with the bigger picture. There's an extra, uneeded piece of the larger puzzle.

A: 5/10
B: 8/10