User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Introverts and the flavours of inner space

Can you describe what you think about or do when you're introverting? Are you in an imaginary world, mentally/physically organising things, reading books, on the internet or are you enjoying a movie by yourself? Or is it more like a sort of mental fog that still recharges you? How does being alone help you?

Extroverts can respond as well - I'm kind of interested in seeing how Fi, Ni, Si and Ti manifest in terms of understandable examples of behaviour, and Aux functions are fine by me.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

In the car (daily commute), I'm usually listening to music or reflecting on social matters, funny enough. It's more like Si/Fe type stuff.

At work when I'm quiet I'm often working out technical stuff in my head and using the computer as an assistant (it's a tool, an extension of my mind, more or less).

That's all I can think of right now.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am watching to movies and reading books often, when being introverted.

Sometimes posting in the forums gets one introverted, too. If I spent like 3 hours here, having posted 300 threads through speed posting, you really created one own special world by then.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP

Talking to myself. Out loud.

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

I realised I forgot to give my own examples!

When I am by myself, I tend to go on the internet and start randomly finding out as much as I can about a particular subject. This adds to my inner knowledge pool and helpes me orient myself in the world.

Or else I'll be on a forum, trying to help people or being silly. I count this as introverted because forums allow me to choose when/how to reply. I like the time that forums give me to frame a response.

Sometimes I am in a conversation with someone and phase out while they're talking because I'm thinking about something in my inner world (usually another task I need to do) - sometimes it takes some speedy detective work to figure out what they said!

If I'm really exhausted or stressed I'll bring out the incense and the massager and just turn off my mind because my mind can go in crazy circles. But wait a second - this one is Se isn't it? :-/

MBTI
    INTP

for me at least it's either a calm inner dialog or just a zoning out where there is no dialog at all.

when i'm in a conversation (actually talking, not typing) that calm inner dialog is replaced by frantic translation of thoughts to speech. maybe not frantic but it's certainly not a perfectly smooth transition. though speaking w/ finess, like other learned talents, can come w/ practice.

the best analogy i can think of is an etch-o-sketch. thoughts, in their complete and full form, are like some complex three dimensional structure and speaking is comparable in its limitation to only being able to use the simple etch-o-sketch line tool to render it all. sure you can get it all out there but i find myself having to do a lot of verbal retracing to reach that point. true verbal artists are able to hit all the major points and still make something beautiful.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

i always have some kind of internal dialogue going on. i cant blank myself out. when i'm by myself i'm on the internet, on forums of all sorts. i like to think about philosophy too of course, that is either what we learned in class or political theory/ethics etc. people based philosophy aiming for an objective truth.

MBTI
    INFP

I think about what happens around me, I get my daily "crank purgatory" and think about people, a lot of daydreaming too.I'm kind of always thinking "improve on this, I am "x" need to change that. How come this happens around me blabla...".
    I watch and read things, mostly listen to music though. it gives me a "peace" moment that nothing else does for me.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    it gives me a "peace" moment that nothing else does for me.
    I dare to bet to differ xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

This thread does indeed fail, because there is no such thing as introverting. But when I am alone (including at my PC), I contemplate.