NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

What, you didn't see my air quotes?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    This thread does indeed fail, because there is no such thing as introverting. But when I am alone (including at my PC), I contemplate.
    you mean ejaculate xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    you mean ejaculate xD
    I prefer it when you're wrapped around my BUT SERIOUSLY THO I LOVE YOU GUYS

MBTI
    INTP

I can relate to going on information binges on the internet on a subject i'm interested in. I think its usually to settle some idea or clarify something I previously thought about.

I'm more of the internal dialogue/talk out loud variety, I always sort of have some sort of debate going on with different perspectives. I like to sort of simplify my ideas to a smaller more universal truth so I feel the need to constantly instigate an internal debate to clarify. Humor is handled in a similar way, in that I like to take a small grain of truth and just let my imagination run with it.

In terms of output, I think the etch a sketch analogy is apt. I need to invest in a better decoder.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    This thread does indeed fail, because there is no such thing as introverting. But when I am alone (including at my PC), I contemplate.
    Okay, I'll watch my grammar. When I'm using my dominant function, Introverted Intuition, I fall into two main activities. One is total fantasy--think Ralphie in A Christmas Story dreaming of his parents guilt when he goes blind from having his mouth washed out with soap. Or taking out the burglars with his Red Rider BB Gun with teh compass in the stock...Often my personal reveries aren't a whole lot more mature or realistic

The other is working through an idea--for teaching, for dealing with a relationship, for writing, for anything where I can consider possibilities and how others might react, tempering the choices with Extraverted Feeling analysis as I try to choose among them.
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INFP

I've been away from this place for a while, and I've been lurking here the last couple of days, trying to get a feel of the place. This thread grabbed my attention because people are actually talking about experiencing inner dialogue. That's one of three things that most folks seem to think there is something wrong with me, when I try to explain it to them. The other two are that music really does play in my head, by itself, non-stop, almost all the time, and I have no idea what mental silence is like, except when I am very exhausted.

And I'm curious. When I go inside myself to feel other's feelings, or to send feelings to other people, would you say am I introverting or extraverting?

MBTI
    INTP

Very often I have dialog in my head that, once I'm done, doesn't need to happen in real life because I'm over it. Or, if it does, at least I'm more prepared for the confrontation. Sometimes its just random threads of nothing important though.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Gen View Post
    Very often I have dialog in my head that, once I'm done, doesn't need to happen in real life because I'm over it. Or, if it does, at least I'm more prepared for the confrontation. Sometimes its just random threads of nothing important though.
    Mine is like the two hemispheres of my brain are communicating or something. One member is verbal, logical, and sequential, and the other communicates in image, and is intuitive. And you're right, it's mostly inconsequential stuff like, one says, "Did you turn off the stove" and the other answers with an image of my hand turning the knob to off. Stuff like that.

MBTI
    INTP

My inner world is active 24/7, & i'm including when i'm asleep:-dreaming! I wonder if this explains my almost inactive outer world life? Anyway, i tend to mentally act out possible case scenarios of events that may or may not be taking place in the near future. I also find myself thinking about certain things & having theories which i either keep to myself or go on the internet & look it up. Sometimes, if i want others' imput i'll go on one of the MBTI related forums. Very rarely do i put my thoughts out to people in the outside world. Unless i'm slightly intoxicated. Sober, i find it difficult to articulate, orally, the well-ordered & perfectly structured idea/s that are in my head. For instance, i remember telling 2 of my work colleagues one of my theories but although it was making perfect sense in my head, it wasnt coming out that way. Suffice to say i got gently teased & wotnot. I had nothing to back it up with, incidentally, just my trying to insist that i knew what i meant! I couldnt understand why they just couldnt accept what i was saying but there you go.

MBTI
    ENFJ

My introversion is orange flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    The other is working through an idea--for teaching, for dealing with a relationship, for writing, for anything where I can consider possibilities and how others might react, tempering the choices with Extraverted Feeling analysis as I try to choose among them.
    I mean this.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge