• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ask an ISFP.

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Hey guys, here's the new ask me thread I mentioned in the welcome section. Feel free to ask me anything, no matter how personal. I'll try to be honest. Also if you're a hardcore typologist, feel free to use my answers to psychoanalyze me, but please back up your claims, rather than simply telling me what I am. Enjoy! ;)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What does Fi mean to you? What about yourself made you realize it was your dominant function?

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do you like to be with your SO? Do you like/need affection? What directs your actions? Do you find it easy or hard to be in the moment.

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION] , To answer 21's question, Fi is basically what drives my decisions and creativity. I use my Fi to reach out to those that are unique and abnormal and people that have had a personal impact on what I believe in. It can also be a bad function because I easily outburst at people that go against what I believe in directly. I personally believe in non-discrimination, and when people are racist, ageist, sexist, or anything of the like, it makes them a target of my fist. I have decided on it being my dominant function not only because I believe that morals should trump the endless search for new experiences, but because I am so much Ni that I'm pretty sure I was in a Fi-Ni loop most of my life until I developed the extroverted qualities of Se. My teen years were based on morals and wanting to be loved for who I am (Fi) Wanting to experience the action that I saw other teens engaging in(Se) and working toward a lifelong goal and envisioning every step of my life and my future. I have shown no Te in my life except rebellion and resistance of school, authority, and by the book methods, which would leave that as inferior.

To answer your question she?he who searches for peace. I love SO's I am most content with one and most hateful of myself when I know that there's no hope of finding one. I love both physical and emotional affection and cherish it whenever it is presented. My rerlationship with any girl works best when we respect eachother's interests and give eachother time to pursue them separately, which also means no controlling and domination of the relationship. Also I like my women to talk to a certain degree, but not too much. I find it awkward with women that don't talk and draining with women who talk too much. What directs my actions half the time tends to be what I think is right or profitable at the moment, mostly revolving around my Christianity(Don't judge lol) I sometimes find it easy to be in the moment. I am very coordinated, I have healthy reflexes and enjoy sports where I face off alone against one or more opponents (mostly along the lines of fighting for fun). I can sometimes find it hard to be in the moment when I'm daydreaming and when there's no stimulation round. It kinda makes me hate reality when there's nothing to do. Basically I have two phases, the dreamy out of it mode, and the ready for a fight or a thrill mode. Either mode is comfortable depending on what I'm experiencing in either world.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you think of INFPs, ISFJs and INFJs respectively?
Whose company do you enjoy more?
What are similarities and differences between you and each of the types above respectively?

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION] , To answer 21's question, Fi is basically what drives my decisions and creativity. I use my Fi to reach out to those that are unique and abnormal and people that have had a personal impact on what I believe in. It can also be a bad function because I easily outburst at people that go against what I believe in directly. I personally believe in non-discrimination, and when people are racist, ageist, sexist, or anything of the like, it makes them a target of my fist. I have decided on it being my dominant function not only because I believe that morals should trump the endless search for new experiences, but because I am so much Ni that I'm pretty sure I was in a Fi-Ni loop most of my life until I developed the extroverted qualities of Se. My teen years were based on morals and wanting to be loved for who I am (Fi) Wanting to experience the action that I saw other teens engaging in(Se) and working toward a lifelong goal and envisioning every step of my life and my future. I have shown no Te in my life except rebellion and resistance of school, authority, and by the book methods, which would leave that as inferior.

To answer your question she?he who searches for peace.
Most definitely he. My interest is not merely academic. My MIL recently tested as a ISFP. She was a childhood victim of severe trauma and acted like a ESTJ until midlife, when she started to deal with her issues and mellowed out tremendously.

My wife was a prototypical ESTJ herself when I married her, but she gradually became less so. Then I recently realized she too was a victim of childhood trauma, and like her mother suppressed it. When happy and relaxed, she appears to be a ISFP, in many ways. Who knows, but seeing her mother's path (and that every one of her older relatives said my wife was just like her mother when she was younger), I have an idea..n

I love SO's I am most content with one and most hateful of myself when I know that there's no hope of finding one. I love both physical and emotional affection and cherish it whenever it is presented. My rerlationship with any girl works best when we respect eachother's interests and give eachother time to pursue them separately, which also means no controlling and domination of the relationship. Also I like my women to talk to a certain degree, but not too much. I find it awkward with women that don't talk and draining with women who talk too much. What directs my actions half the time tends to be what I think is right or profitable at the moment, mostly revolving around my Christianity(Don't judge lol) I sometimes find it easy to be in the moment. I am very coordinated, I have healthy reflexes and enjoy sports where I face off alone against one or more opponents (mostly along the lines of fighting for fun). I can sometimes find it hard to be in the moment when I'm daydreaming and when there's no stimulation round. It kinda makes me hate reality when there's nothing to do. Basically I have two phases, the dreamy out of it mode, and the ready for a fight or a thrill mode. Either mode is comfortable depending on what I'm experiencing in either world.

That is all very useful. I talked with my MIL in depth about her controlling years (I have never really seen her to be very controlling in 20 years myself) and she fully believes it was related to her trauma...

Your two modes seem like my wife these days...either fully in the moment or drifting.

The talking in a relationship issue seems very real to me......I can talk for hours, these days my wife only wants so much and then is done.

She also seems to enjoy her individual interests more.

Thanks so much.....My wife isn't fully in her healed place now, but she is far from the hyper organized ESTJ I married.....so I guess I will see long term how things develop...

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
My best friend typed himself as INFP recently, and we get along very well, we consider eachother brothers. Since we have the same Dom-function, we share the same sense of social revolution, or not caring for the status quo and we're always planning crazy things to do. We're both idealists, we both are rebellious and adventurous. The main difference between us is that he is more focused on his past and reliving his past girlfriends (wanting to get back with his ex) and I'm focused on just getting a new one and not worrying about the past ones. He also seems to talk about star trek and nerf a lot, constantly making references to them or anything else based on stupid information. Plus he's not as interested in trying new sensory experiences as me, not as action-oriented, more romance oriented. As for IFJ's, my family is full of ISFJ's and they are very traditional and seek normal lives. They don't seem to understand my cinstant need for adventure, instead shooting down my ideas as unrealistic and irrelevanr. Overall I get a long with them just fine, we just have a lot of arguments about stuff. I have yet to meet a confirmed INFJ, but based on what I've read about them, they would seem to be creepy, but insightful and perceptive. They would overall be great people to help me set up a futuristic goal for my life and would also appeal to my Se with their insights and the unique experiences I could have with them. I think the main difference between me and sn IFJ is that IFJs would prefer to adapt to other cultures in order to please people and would be more compassionate in a different way. I for one, would not care to adapt to other people, preferring to bring a little bit of me into every environment and would go by my own moral code independant of tge way others feel. IFJs are good people, they just apply their passion in a different way and prefer the status quo over individual beliefs. They like to have a pack to contribute to and please, but I wouldn't conform to a group unless they share my cause. Plus I'm a lot less oriented to harmony than FJs, I only end conflict if it's affecting me and my ideals. Fi wants to end internal conflict and Fe is basically a diplomat.
What do you think of INFPs, ISFJs and INFJs respectively?
Whose company do you enjoy more?
What are similarities and differences between you and each of the types above respectively?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How might your enneagram type make you different from another ISFP with a different enneatype?

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Well my 7 makes me far more ESFPish than most ISFPs. I've been told on forums that I am Se-Dom. And yeah I can relate to Se very well, but I determined ISFP for myself because my Fi and Se are pretty much equal and my Ni is more than my Te. My Te, along with my Ti turns out crap low compared to my Se, Fi, Ni, and Ne. I think the Ne might be a byproduct of my Se and Ni fusing together, especially since I don't relate well to actual Ne users. Ne seems like a bunch of nerdiness and mysticality when I look up descriptions online. Back to the point though, I think being a 7 makes me use my Se a lot more than I naturally use it, and I think developing as a 7 has taken me out of the nasty Fi-Ni loop that I was in during my childhood. I relate a lot to other SFPs, but as for fictional characters, I tend to empathize with the ISFPs more than ESFPs. The ESFPs I know seem like douches (JB, harry styles, homer simpson) lol I just gave you way more information than you asked for xD forgive me.
How might your enneagram type make you different from another ISFP with a different enneatype?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Pretty legit question actually.

The way you answer it will help me understand who you really are.

Just answer it like you would.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When you're in a relationship, how often/in what ways do you prefer to communicate with and spend time with your significant other?

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Well, I don't know which piece of information your referring to, so I'll just assume that you meant my comment about jb and the others. I meant that they are incompetent and disrespectable fucks that make the rest of the probably intelligent ESFPs look bad. It's always those ESFPs that become famous enough for people to notice them that ruin ESFP reputation and create stereotypes because they are the assholes of Se-Fi-Te-Ni.

Pretty legit question actually.

The way you answer it will help me understand who you really are.

Just answer it like you would.

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Well the perfect date with someone would require an awesome experience, like riding in a spaceshuttle and admiring the beauty of the solar system, or even as sinple as exploring a new town. It would involve a lot of kissing and other methods of physical affection, with a lot of mutual compliments thrown in. I'd honestly prefer a hike in the woods over the traditional dinner date because at least then I'm not just sitting around in a movie or restaurant trying to act like a gentleman. I don't want to be the traditional gentleman, I want my girlfriend to chase me through the woods and almost burn her lungs out, to make the girl laugh her head off as I tickle her. I want the girl to be interested in me, not to respect me. That's about all I can say.
When you're in a relationship, how often/in what ways do you prefer to communicate with and spend time with your significant other?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I don't know which piece of information your referring to, so I'll just assume that you meant my comment about jb and the others. I meant that they are incompetent and disrespectable fucks that make the rest of the probably intelligent ESFPs look bad. It's always those ESFPs that become famous enough for people to notice them that ruin ESFP reputation and create stereotypes because they are the assholes of Se-Fi-Te-Ni.

You sound super ExTJ and you're definitely not a 9 enneagram. Maybe I'm catching you on inferior Te day, but so far you sound the OPPOSITE of an ISFP would be.

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Lol nah you're just carching me on a normal day. I have asperger's syndrome, which basically brings out my thinking function to a faulting extent. Every Aspie seems very Te until you get to know their motives, although I have considered ENTJ, ESTJ would be the last thing I'd consider. These people once typed me ESTJ because of my show off Te mode and I'm just like, "seriously bruh?" Going by functions, I'd have to say that ESJ is least like me.
You sound super ExTJ and you're definitely not a 9 enneagram. Maybe I'm catching you on inferior Te day, but so far you sound the OPPOSITE of an ISFP would be.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol nah you're just carching me on a normal day. I have asperger's syndrome, which basically brings out my thinking function to a faulting extent. Every Aspie seems very Te until you get to know their motives, although I have considered ENTJ, ESTJ would be the last thing I'd consider. These people once typed me ESTJ because of my show off Te mode and I'm just like, "seriously bruh?" Going by functions, I'd have to say that ESJ is least like me.

Are you sure? Like even with Aspie's, Fi is introverted and you don't show me Se in auxiliary so far. Well, I'll see you more on the forum, but if you take yourself as ISFP then I'll accept it for now as a possibility.

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
I guess we'll see, but let me tell you a bit about myself and why I indentify as Te inferior:
Te has several components to it. It includes
1. Being blunt and somewhat controlling of one's external environment
2. Defining sucess by measurable means
3. Efficiently utilizing step by step plans to get things done
4. Being realistic with ideas and shooting down anything that isn't logical
5. Going by the book and solving problems using leverage and systematic efficiency
So now I'll try my best to reflect my role in those components.
1. Yes, I am blunt, but mostly do to asperger's and stress. I do things on impulse. I usually try to be as kind as I can to people
2. No. I don't define sucess by measurable means like money or net worth, to me sucess is reflected more with the impact you've had on people and what you did with your life. It does not necessarily have to be measurable. Example: Einstein revolutionized science, which is what matters more to me than how many experiments he did or how much money he made
3. No. I don't go step by step when planning, I start with what I want and I figure out an overall solution. No steps, no efficiency needed, just whatever works. Impact is more important to me than the solution itself
4. I am so unrealistic that my mother sometimes has to yell at me to get my attention. I used to dream of going off to a distant planet and fighting crime with the aliens and getting a cool lightsaber thing. Soooo no lol
5. Nope. I don't apply leverage to a situation naturally. I desire to apply leverage, but I'm not thinking about it when I solve a problem. My first instinct is to analyze the problem in whichever way I can, if it can't be solved by mirals or values and come up with the overall solution to the problem. I don't apply leverage to a problem to make it easier, sometimes I get so focused on solving a problem from scratch to prove that I can do it to the people around me.

I hope this helped, and don't take this as trying to tell you not to type me that way, I want you to think on your own, I don't want to influence your decision, I'm just trying to make sure you understand me better before making a final judgement. Thanks anyways for trying to type me, it's always a pleasurw to see if people can see me for who I truly am :)
Are you sure? Like even with Aspie's, Fi is introverted and you don't show me Se in auxiliary so far. Well, I'll see you more on the forum, but if you take yourself as ISFP then I'll accept it for now as a possibility.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess we'll see, but let me tell you a bit about myself and why I indentify as Te inferior:
Te has several components to it. It includes
1. Being blunt and somewhat controlling of one's external environment
2. Defining sucess by measurable means
3. Efficiently utilizing step by step plans to get things done
4. Being realistic with ideas and shooting down anything that isn't logical
5. Going by the book and solving problems using leverage and systematic efficiency
So now I'll try my best to reflect my role in those components.
1. Yes, I am blunt, but mostly do to asperger's and stress. I do things on impulse. I usually try to be as kind as I can to people
2. No. I don't define sucess by measurable means like money or net worth, to me sucess is reflected more with the impact you've had on people and what you did with your life. It does not necessarily have to be measurable. Example: Einstein revolutionized science, which is what matters more to me than how many experiments he did or how much money he made
3. No. I don't go step by step when planning, I start with what I want and I figure out an overall solution. No steps, no efficiency needed, just whatever works. Impact is more important to me than the solution itself
4. I am so unrealistic that my mother sometimes has to yell at me to get my attention. I used to dream of going off to a distant planet and fighting crime with the aliens and getting a cool lightsaber thing. Soooo no lol
5. Nope. I don't apply leverage to a situation naturally. I desire to apply leverage, but I'm not thinking about it when I solve a problem. My first instinct is to analyze the problem in whichever way I can, if it can't be solved by mirals or values and come up with the overall solution to the problem. I don't apply leverage to a problem to make it easier, sometimes I get so focused on solving a problem from scratch to prove that I can do it to the people around me.

I hope this helped, and don't take this as trying to tell you not to type me that way, I want you to think on your own, I don't want to influence your decision, I'm just trying to make sure you understand me better before making a final judgement. Thanks anyways for trying to type me, it's always a pleasurw to see if people can see me for who I truly am :)

It's never a final judgment. :) Ni molds. Lol.

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Lol okay :) I understand that Ni may take more time to synthesize a likely truth unlike Ne that goes off tangent and generates 6 possibilities at once. Ne always seeemed so foreign to me. I never saw how people could just machine gunfire all the possibilities for just one thing. Lol
It's never a final judgment. :) Ni molds. Lol.

WRiStBanDs21

MBTI Type
ENTP
How would I know if an ISFP is interested in me? I only ask because that may or may not be the case for me at the moment. However, her actions seem to fluctuate inconsistently. One week she will talk to me neurotically and enthusiastically and then the next week I'm irrelevant. Sometimes when we're in each other's company she will make deep penetrating eye contact (it's really sending quite a strong message), whilst other times she won't look at me at all. That's just surface information, but in knowing this as an ISFP yourself what can you tell me about this kind of behaviour, what it means, and why it matters? Thanks