User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 29

  1. #11
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    I think it is invalid, I do not think out loud, I give it time to think things through and I hold my position in a discussion. When I face new input, I take it into consideration and think it through.

    I am overly enthusiastic though and do things without thinking first. But I do not change my conceptual thinking of a matter in the middle of a discussion. I rather try to see, if my concept still holds during and after the conversation. And I present it and watch how other's see it.

    But I do not think out loud. Do not even know, how thinking could still work in such an approach. It contradicts the very meaning of the word "thinking" itself.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #12
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I think it is invalid, I do not think out loud, I give it time to think things through and I hold my position in a discussion. When I face new input, I take it into consideration and think it through.

    I am overly enthusiastic though and do things without thinking first. But I do not change my conceptual thinking of a matter in the middle of a discussion. I rather try to see, if my concept still holds during and after the conversation. And I present it and watch how other's see it.

    But I do not think out loud. Do not even know, how thinking could still work in such an approach. It contradicts the very meaning of the word "thinking" itself.
    Oh yay!!! Someone else who is enthusiastic!!! (i.e.: I'm not the only one in Germany who's like that!!!)
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  3. #13
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Yeah like: "well it is ten o clock in the morning and we have nothing to do. Let us do something unusual and new. Let us go to a bar."

    My reaction: "yes, I am so in, lets go, I go in, you come after I order 5 beer for us, alright!" xD

    *5 minutes later*

    "Where is entropie?" - "Look there he lies drunken between those chairs" xDD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #14
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yeah like: "well it is ten o clock in the morning and we have nothing to do. Let us do something unusual and new. Let us go to a bar."

    My reaction: "yes, I am so in, lets go, I go in, you come after I order 5 beer for us, alright!" xD

    *5 minutes later*

    "Where is entropie?" - "Look there he lies drunken between those chairs" xDD
    OH MANNNNN!!! You drink more than any guy I know!!!! And we BOTH live in Germany, dude. (Oops, did I say that out loud, DOH! )
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  5. #15
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    xDD
    --
    I want to refer again to haphazard's thread about energy and social extroversion at this point.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...roversion.html

    I think E and I thinking styles depend on the facts presented in the thread aswell.

    For if you have for example an inventor, who builds his own little gadgets. And who is pretty open minded towards his family, friends and anywhere seen as an extrovert. It is highly possible that his thinking is so specialized that he just can not communicate it to other persons in a discussion and change his views while discussing. Cauze his way of reasoning and interpreting is produced out of a form of a own personal created world, like an introvert that only he himself would understand.

    Not that I know anything bout that
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #16
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    xDD
    --
    I want to refer again to haphazard's thread about energy and social extroversion at this point.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...roversion.html

    I think E and I thinking styles depend on the facts presented in the thread aswell.

    For if you have for example an inventor, who builds his own little gadgets. And who is pretty open minded towards his family, friends and anywhere seen as an extrovert. It is highly possible that his thinking is so specialized that he just can not communicate it to other persons in a discussion and change his views while discussing. Cauze his way of reasoning and interpreting is produced out of a form of a own personal created world, like an introvert that only he himself would understand.

    Not that I know anything bout that
    Well, if it is that specialized, no one WOULD understand, which sort of forces you to be quiet...not introverted....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  7. #17
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    I tend to categorize the process in 3 steps.

    The first is madmen input gathering. Your mind boils over from ideas. You see in every corner, direction, human reaction meaning and possibilities, ideas togenerate new insights.
    That phase mainly prevails and lets you appear in society as an unstable element that is about to fall apart.

    The second phase is purely introverted. It means cutting off any connections to the real world. You go deep into thoughts and sort things out for you. That phase mainly I have before falling asleep. I enjoy silence and harmony in those phase. Like to listen to classical music for falling asleep. At this point you draw connections and see what of those ideas are useful and what not.

    And the third phase, which is the toughest, is to understand how another human being thinks and feels and how you can present him the newest information you gathered. Those new information are by then not fragmented, they are presented in a conceptual framework.

    I am actually most of the time in phase 3, but this will change again. It is all about how you feel and what crazy idea you are persuading.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #18
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I think it is invalid, I do not think out loud, I give it time to think things through and I hold my position in a discussion. When I face new input, I take it into consideration and think it through.

    I am overly enthusiastic though and do things without thinking first. But I do not change my conceptual thinking of a matter in the middle of a discussion. I rather try to see, if my concept still holds during and after the conversation. And I present it and watch how other's see it.

    But I do not think out loud. Do not even know, how thinking could still work in such an approach. It contradicts the very meaning of the word "thinking" itself.
    If you don't mind me asking, how sure are you that you're actually an "E"?

  9. #19
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    , logical question.

    Well this was a longtime quest for myself and haphazard gave me with her thread finally the answers to solve that puzzle. I posted a link to it some posts above.

    What I am talking about with you here, is very introvert in many ways I admit. But that is because I can not do it in real life. And because I can not do it in real life, I had a hard time thinking that I am an E, because my social network is huge, but I communicate with most people in a business style to have relations.

    One of my talents is to build up those relations and to find people and possibilities. In a party full of strangers, I never go home without having made one new connection at least. My best friend is estp and he is a real asset in that way. We make our deals and I am pretty sure, he and me will have a company together one day.

    When I am here things are different. When I am here I can be who I want to be. All my live as a young boy I was in those "society critical" songs and I am still. I dont like those business things at all. I think it makes people sick and cold and dumb and needless. When I am here, things are different. I can be myself and talk without any fears what I think. Mostly because you are so far living away that you cant hurt me anyways .

    I like to play the business game. I like the challenge and to find its limitations and mistakes. But I am no businessmen. I have sometimes ideas that have already led me to making money and this is what I would become in the long run.

    When I would work for a soccer team, I would be the one, looking out for new talents for the own team.

    Was that understandable ? @INTJMom
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #20
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    , logical question.

    Well this was a longtime quest for myself and haphazard gave me with her thread finally the answers to solve that puzzle. I posted a link to it some posts above.

    What I am talking about with you here, is very introvert in many ways I admit. But that is because I can not do it in real life. And because I can not do it in real life, I had a hard time thinking that I am an E, because my social network is huge, but I communicate with most people in a business style to have relations.

    One of my talents is to build up those relations and to find people and possibilities. In a party full of strangers, I never go home without having made one new connection at least. My best friend is estp and he is a real asset in that way. We make our deals and I am pretty sure, he and me will have a company together one day.

    When I am here things are different. When I am here I can be who I want to be. All my live as a young boy I was in those "society critical" songs and I am still. I dont like those business things at all. I think it makes people sick and cold and dumb and needless. When I am here, things are different. I can be myself and talk without any fears what I think. Mostly because you are so far living away that you cant hurt me anyways .

    I like to play the business game. I like the challenge and to find its limitations and mistakes. But I am no businessmen. I have sometimes ideas that have already led me to making money and this is what I would become in the long run.

    When I would work for a soccer team, I would be the one, looking out for new talents for the own team.

    Was that understandable ? @INTJMom
    The reason I asked is because you seem to reason a lot more like an INTP than an ENTP, but no one can make a judgment on that alone, especially since it appears that English might not be your first language.
    I was just wondering how sure you are because you were using yourself as an example to nullify the theory.

Similar Threads

  1. It's not Fascism if you don't call it Fascism
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-15-2016, 07:33 PM
  2. It's not what you say but how you say it!
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-09-2016, 07:48 AM
  3. Can you believe it's not butter?
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-20-2013, 01:20 PM
  4. How much does it cost a night where you live?
    By kyuuei in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO