User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Same Personality Types Rub Each Other The Wrong Way?

It just hit me today, after much observation, that people with the exact same personality type tend to avoid each other and, in general, rub each other the wrong way. For example, in my community there are two brilliant INTJ's who are almost exactly the same in interests and personality. But they can't stand each other, and constantly denounce the other one publicly.

My mother, an ENFP, knows two ENFP's and avoids them like the Dickens. When I mentioned to her the similarity in MBTI, she got nervous, and started finding all sorts of differences between them and her.

Finally, there's my younger sister and I, both INFP's. I think she's a great person, but I dislike talking to her because there is no dynamic happening between us at all. Plus, it feels strange- as if I'm talking to someone copying the things that make me unique.

Anyone else have this? Does it make sense?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

gosh that title sounds nasty xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I prefer to be the only INTP in the room, irl. There's no competition, and no one to decipher my cleverness. I generally like being around INTJ, ENTP, INFP quite a bit. But INTJs online throw me for a loop. Perhaps they want to anonymously remove their facade of sanity and togetherness. They're completely bonkers.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

i actually think i agree. i think i've been around a few ENFP's, and though it is nice to talk about a lot of similarities, it doesn't create an interesting dynamic. i'm very much a 'touch-feely' person, but i don't think i ever am when i'm around other NF's in general. they don't give you that 'what the fuck?' of 'get away from me!' look, which is really why i give hugs out in the first place . this is just an example of course, i'm sure there are more.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    But INTJs online throw me for a loop. Perhaps they want to anonymously remove their facade of sanity and togetherness. They're completely bonkers.
    They don't want to remove it... they're just taking it off for a while. That facade of sanity and put-togetherness is a rather constricting corset.

I had noticed this pattern with INTJs, but I wasn't sure if it held true for the other types. I wonder if there's a pattern? From what's here, it might be an Fi/Te thing.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ

I've never met another INFJ, or if I have I didn't recognize them.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Oh, but it is funny when I'm with an INTP and ESFP at the same time. I'm subtly derogating the ESFP in a good-natured way, constantly, and the INTP laughs at everything I say while the ESFP is oblivious.

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

i wouldn't say always, i appreciate the qualitites in other istps, but i don't know any that i hang around with all that much. i've seen some same types not get on and some that do.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

although, my ENFP brother and I have similar personality types, our general philosophies on life clash greatly. he's an enneagram type seven, so he values instant gratification and enthusiasm, while I, as a four, romanticise introspection and longing.

MBTI
    INXX

I honestly don't know the type of most of the people I interact with. I do know a few people online outside of this forum who've taken an online MBTI quiz just for fun and who have turned out to be either INTPs or INFPs depending on the quiz (just like me), and I have gotten along well with them. Then there was one INFP who never seemed to like me. His oversensitivity combined with mine did not work well at all. And he really knew how to hurt my feelings, better than most people who try, who usually miss their mark.