User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by raindancing View Post
    ESTJ - I know two people who I think are ESTJ (they haven't been tested). I don't know if they are very indicative of the type though, they both seem extreme Te to me. And they both drive me CRAZY. Really. It is rare that anyone actually affects me like this, but I can hardly stand being around them. I'd go into more but I don't want to rant.
    I recommend the "What do you think of ESTJs?" thread. (There, you can find others who hate ESTJs for the same reasons you do...) Or you could just meet some more ESTJs. Meeting two people of any "extreme" letter that's opposite to yours (like you did) is really all it takes to reinforce your negative stereotypes of their type. I mean, a person's personality isn't entirely defined by MBTI. I'm pretty different from the other ESTJ I know.

Speaking of him... I like him okay, but he only talks to a select group of people, and I'm not in it. I think I do that too, so I understand, and therefore don't have strong feelings against him. Truth be told, I feel like I have a connection with him, because he's the only person I know of my type, besides me. I find myself watching him when I'm around him and seeing how he acts around people, and comparing that to myself. (I hope that isn't too creepy.)

Quote Originally Posted by raindancing View Post
    I would really like to meet some other Ns, especially ENTPs, they sound like a lot of fun. Currently where I live I don't know any Ns other than my husband, and it's been a little difficult not having anyone else to talk to/do things with (not that I can't talk to the Ss that I know, but it's just not the same...).
    LOL! You're going to meet a LOT of Ns on MBTIc!!!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Nope. NTs, especially INTPs, irritate me least.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Um yes and no. Half of the ISFPs I know irritate me to no end the other half are amazing. The ones that are really similar to me are boring and it's difficult to connect with them. The ones with really different enneagrams are interesting to talk to because we're not so similar that we can practically read each others' minds which is how it is with me and some ISFPs.

I had an ISFP classmate in HS that irritated me and we were really competetive with each other. We were both artists. The only thing I allow myself to brag about is the fact that I beat her at our school art contest.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    I've never met another INFJ, or if I have I didn't recognize them.
    You should go meet one. They're amazing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I recommend the "What do you think of ESTJs?" thread. (There, you can find others who hate ESTJs for the same reasons you do...) Or you could just meet some more ESTJs. Meeting two people of any "extreme" letter that's opposite to yours (like you did) is really all it takes to reinforce your negative stereotypes of their type. I mean, a person's personality isn't entirely defined by MBTI. I'm pretty different from the other ESTJ I know.
    nono I didn't mean that I hate ESTJs!!
    The two people I know who I think are ESTJ really have underdeveloped auxiliaries, I certainly wouldn't judge a whole group of people based on them! And I definitely agree that a person's personality isn't entirely defined by MBTI, I mean I really think it would be stretching to say it's actually defined at all. I think of MBTI more as a useful way to communicate with other people. It gives you words for things that otherwise could be difficult to talk about. (Although sometimes I wonder if it confuses things even further...)

So no hard feelings? I certainly don't have anything against you just because I have met some ESTJs I don't like and you happen to be of the same type. We're all unique. People wouldn't be so interesting if there were only 16 differences.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    LOL! You're going to meet a LOT of Ns on MBTIc!!!
    I guess that will solve the talking part, now I just to figure out the doing part...
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Sniffles

Yes I can believe the concept of people of the same(or similar) types getting on your nerves the most.

I seem to get along with most INFJs here, but if an INFJ really gets on my nerves(like Kiddo did) - all Hell breaks loose.

This may explain why the one type that gets on my nerves the most are INTJs, since we're both Ni types - but we direct it in different directions.

Often with INTJs, I could see their point of view, but often scratch my head as to how they ever could come to it. Even when I want to agree with them, I just can't. And it's absolutely worse when I do agree with them(I can't even describe what a weird sickening feeling that is). Not true with all INTJs, but common enough.

I can say similar things about INFPs, another type that commonly gets on my nerves.

MBTI
    uman

i don't really try to type people very much these days, i did when i first discovered MBTI but i got bored with it and felt that it was kind of like judging people based on race or gender...but anyway, i tend to feel most comfortable around people similar to myself, but i rarely find people very similar to me =(
    to accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe--anatole france

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I love other ENTPs. They're some of my favorite people. We can talk for hours, I never have to feel like I'm lecturing them, and they always know better than to take me too seriously.

MBTI
    INFP

I dunno. My ISTJs husband's ESTJ boss drives him crazy. My experience for about five months on the INFPg forum was that after a while it was sameold,sameold. Not enough variety to suit my taste but I don't remember anyone there aggravating me. Pretty comforting, affirming place.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm not big on the whole "birds of feather flock together" thing. I get along reasonably well with other ENTPs but ultimately it feels like I'm talking to myself, and that becomes kind of grating after a while. Conversation seems to lose it's meaning when you already know what the other person is thinking! lol
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon