User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

This tends to be true for me too. I'm INFJ and they generally irk me I get along really really well with INTJs, INTPs, and INFPs.

MBTI
    EXXP

To my knowledge, I haven't met any other ENFP's but I think we would get along just fine. Actually, probably GREAT
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by NashK View Post
    It just hit me today, after much observation, that people with the exact same personality type tend to avoid each other and, in general, rub each other the wrong way. For example, in my community there are two brilliant INTJ's who are almost exactly the same in interests and personality. But they can't stand each other, and constantly denounce the other one publicly.

My mother, an ENFP, knows two ENFP's and avoids them like the Dickens. When I mentioned to her the similarity in MBTI, she got nervous, and started finding all sorts of differences between them and her.

Finally, there's my younger sister and I, both INFP's. I think she's a great person, but I dislike talking to her because there is no dynamic happening between us at all. Plus, it feels strange- as if I'm talking to someone copying the things that make me unique.

Anyone else have this? Does it make sense?
    I think you're noticing the opposite of the axiom: "Opposites attract."
    If opposites attract - which they do - then it stands to reason that likes will be opposed.
    Of course this isn't and hard and fast rule.

MBTI
    INFJ

I think I'm an INFP, but I'm pretty scatterbrained as well. I can really relate to alot of this.

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX
    when i was little (9yrs old)
    i would go to the trash can in the kitchen with the intention to pee
    AvereX, I used to do the same thing when I was young, except rather than the trash can it was the refrigerator. Luckily I'd always catch myself.

I've walked into stop signs.

I tend to pace around the house, randomly entering rooms, opening and closing doors when I'm thinking/daydreaming. This can sometimes bother the people I live with.

I have an INFJ friend and he's much the same way. I used to think J's were the tidy, organized people. We'd spend much of our time talking about philosophy and social justice. He's at college studying political science. I can't stand college and prefer working outside the system.

MBTI
    INFJ

Umm... that last post was supposed to go on this other thread here.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I can clash with ENFP's sometimes...now INFP's, I do great with. I actually tend to get along really well with XSTP's and XSTJ's. My two best freinds are an ENTP and an ENTJ.

MBTI
    INFP

I can smell Fi dominant individuals from a mile away. My first initial reaction is certainly attraction. But when I move closer and examine them, more often than not I'm repulsed. I recognize, especially in myself, that Fi is a very volatile force. At it's worst, it's haughty and at it's best, it's serene. Personally, I've encountered more individuals who fall into the former category rather than the latter category.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I've known 3 INFPs in real life. One was my roommate, and while he was a really good guy, he bugged the crap out of me. Whenever he got into the witty but mindlessly detached mode (something I've done many-a-time), I'd get super irritated even as everyone else was laughing.

The other two were women, and I got along with them pretty well. However, we were like two magnets, attracted to each other until we got too close, at which point we pushed each other away.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I'd have thought that some pairings of the same type won't get on because they see their own faults in the other. I presently have two INFPs in a group and each swears that the other is a whiny little girl (both males I shoudl point out).

Personally I only tend to have real trouble with ENFPs and ENTPs... not too sure why. Both I offend really easily... usually without realising it...

Actually, come to think of it, I tend to get on with EJs and IPs best. Just not always INTPs. Apparently I'm too "unstructured" for many INTPs... an odd complaint in my humble opinion.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Apparently I'm too "unstructured" for many INTPs...
    UNstructured!? I thought you were a damn J!

re: OP
    Looking back through my life, in all honesty, I tend to get along best with EF types. INTPs tend to be ok. I had an ISTJ room mate and we couldn't fine any common ground and really rubbed each other the wrong way. I think I just need the EF to reach out, because I won't.