User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Article on Introverts for Extroverts

An old one, but a good one.

Caring for Your Introvert
    Last edited by Natrushka; 06-09-2007 at 06:27 AM. Reason: can't speel this urly

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    type

I've always been fond of The Merry Recluse.

Huh. Look at this collection!

Nonduality's issue dedicated to introversion and solitude.
    Last edited by rivercrow; 06-09-2007 at 06:47 AM. Reason: that "can't spell" thing is catching...
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

yeah this one is my fave LPO: Caring for Your Introvert
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    yeah this one is my fave LPO: Caring for Your Introvert
    That's the same one I posted initially.

Really.

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    That's the same one I posted initially.
    Details, shmetails.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INTJ

No. (Do NT use the word "No" a lot? I seem to.) It was more a "Did you read the other posts?" comment.

Really.

MBTI
    INTP

I have a small group of introverted friends with whom I go regularly to an establishment for a few beers. It has free WiFi, so we all bring our laptops. Sometimes we are all busy in our inner worlds and don't talk with each other for minutes at a time. You would be surprised how many people feel they need to make comments about us and to us.

What's wrong with you? Why do you bring your computers here? Why aren't you talking to each other? Why aren't you socializing?

We get that almost every time we are there, either from well-meaning regulars and wait staff whom we know ... or sometimes even complete strangers. Ironically, we are not the only ones doing that. There are introverts here and there with their laptops, quietly taking in the ambience and doing their own things.

I've been told by more than one extraverted friend that there is something "wrong" with me because I like to bring my laptop to our get-togethers. I am told that it is a time for socialization, and not to have my head down in a computer. I am told that people "need" to interact with others. Funny, I am never told that people "need" solitude to re-energize. I get into some pretty lively discussions with my extraverted friends on this topic. They see my passion for introversion as further proof that there is something "wrong" with me. After all, why would I get so upset over something as normal as socialization?

Another corollary is that many people assume that if I am on my laptop, that I am "working." Why are you working here? ... I get asked frequently. For some reason, they cannot comprehend that some people enjoy interacting with computers and the online world.

At any rate, I am comfortable in my own skin. Just sometimes I wish I could tell the extraverts ... Why are you so loud? Why can you not tolerate silence? You should try concentating for longer periods. ... and so forth. I would, but then again ... I am an introvert

MBTI
    ISFP

Damn, you're so right! My grandmother always pressure me to plunge in social groups and when I shifted to another college course, she asked me if I had friends in school(I only have a few close ones). I think she thinks I shifted because I don't have friends in that course which is a very shallow reason for shifting to another course.

Also, I don't like to repeat things I've said to people whatever that thing may be.

MBTI
    ISFP

[QUOTE=Nighthawk;21641]I have a small group of introverted friends with whom I go regularly to an establishment for a few beers. It has free WiFi, so we all bring our laptops. Sometimes we are all busy in our inner worlds and don't talk with each other for minutes at a time. You would be surprised how many people feel they need to make comments about us and to us.

We have the same situation, only that it involves books and the library. I have a group of friends with 3 introverts(including me)and 1 extrovert. We would pick the genre we like and my introvert friends and I quietly read...until my extrovert friend would talk about what she'd read. I hate what she's doing, because she interrupted me as I was intent on reading and also, I don't like what she'd read.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Oh my, cant you Introverts not just get a planet or something, I am growing weary of your crazy claims
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]