User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Oh my, cant you Introverts not just get a planet or something, I am growing weary of your crazy claims
    Yeah, I believe we need to. *sings "A WHOLE NEW WORLD"*

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

why do cat girls always evade my questions, I really need to skill my mage in the shadow line
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    Like it or not shyness can cause problems and sometimes does need to be fixed... I know plenty of introverts that don't have issues with shyness

Shyness implies a lack of an ability to talk or speak up when its needed... most healthy introverts are fine with this and it really has nothing to do with E/I

A lot of introverts I know talk more than I do... its not a very clear measure of who is introverted and who is isn't... its more how they go about things... hard to explain so I'll leave it at that
    Sorry, meant that to be in quotes.. e.g. "shyness," with orientation being mistaken for a character flaw.

I agree that they need to speak up more sometimes, just as we need to shut up more sometimes.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    And then you have crap like this.

[/size]
    Wow what a douchebag. As if stupid introverts don't exist.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I took that article to contain a bit of hyperbole for humorous effect.
    Yeah, I found the article a while back, and took it to be pretty tongue-and-cheek, but the extraverts I showed it to apparently did not think so.

*shrug*

ETA: Also, the guy in the article is just plain wrong when it comes to the makeup of the United States in the past. The United States has always been full of risk-taking extroverts. That's why people came here in the first place! To find something better, newer, profitable, and adventurous! That is, everyone who came here who wasn't seeking to escape prosecution, which is a fair number.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

What extraverts need to understand: Leave us alone before we really go crazy and kill you! When we're saying give us peace, it's serious!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Good thread, glad it's here. The Merry Recluse is something I can identify with. The first posted article, though, phew. It's pretty biased against extraverts. Not exactly the best thing to show to your extraverted friends.
    INFJ
    4w5

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Its still my opinion that the mbti intro and extro value system has nothig to do with social extro- or introversion. But I will never be able to talk sense into this forum
    agreed. Male ISFPs, ISTPs i find to be quite 'active' and thus have what appears to be a bustling social life
    for females: ISFJs and INFJs seem to also fit that description.

With their endless appetite for talk and attention, extroverts also dominate social life, so they tend to set expectations. In our extrovertist society, being outgoing is considered normal and therefore desirable, a mark of happiness, confidence, leadership. Extroverts are seen as bighearted, vibrant, warm, empathic. "People person" is a compliment. Introverts are described with words like "guarded," "loner," "reserved," "taciturn," "self-contained," "private"Śnarrow, ungenerous words, words that suggest emotional parsimony and smallness of personality.
    see this is the problem. ill be talking to someone who doesnt know MBTI, and yet in my mind have them pegged as ISTP...and for example:

ISTP: bla bla bla its all for show that he studies out where everyone can see him bla bla
    me: maybe he just cant actaully sit and study alone in quiet areas like some more introverted people
    ISTP: what!? no im an extrovert

he CLEARLY is an ISTP, yet because of the 'negative' terms of what introversion means to the average person, he immideitadly showed resistance to the term.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    agreed.
    I think we all pretty much take this as given, but the context of the thread is social introversion/extroversion. The only thing that's out of place in this thread is, well, its subforum.

MBTI
    ENTP

I guess it gets more black and white when you're very extrovert/introvert and trying to blend in or make friends with someone very different from you.

But there must be many who are "in the middle" like me:
    52% E; 48% I

So I get along with both kinds. Extrovert friends are fun and a release for me when I tend to get too much of an over-working hermit. Introverts are great company and conversation when I'm reflecting my life. Both are great and well needed on the same planet