First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    "Extroverts therefore dominate public life. This is a pity. If we introverts ran the world, it would no doubt be a calmer, saner, more peaceful sort of place."

The point where I stopped reading, yeah thanks I'm insane right? Having a clear head has nothing to do with being E/I

So much for a how to guide for caring for an introvert

Seems like they have a different agenda

Fail.
    Agreed. Booo-Hiss!!!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

It says only 25% of people are Is; that's quite a bit low, isn't it?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    It says only 25% of people are Is; that's quite a bit low, isn't it?
    Good point, poor stats as well

MBTI
    entp

With their endless appetite for talk and attention, extroverts also dominate social life, so they tend to set expectations. In our extrovertist society, being outgoing is considered normal and therefore desirable, a mark of happiness, confidence, leadership. Extroverts are seen as bighearted, vibrant, warm, empathic. "People person" is a compliment. Introverts are described with words like "guarded," "loner," "reserved," "taciturn," "self-contained," "private"Śnarrow, ungenerous words, words that suggest emotional parsimony and smallness of personality.
    sounds like hes on a road called self justification that leads to self validation...gonna be a looong ride

garbage

Joking aside, I can understand how introverts can feel misunderstood and out of place. I'm sure that many introverts here have had their share of extroverts wanting to fix their shyness, or at least question it. Books such as The Introvert Advantage can help one come to terms with understanding oneself and understanding the introverts around them. But articles like that aren't exactly helping matters, and they don't exactly help quell the stereotype of the arrogant introvert.

And then you have crap like this.

The fact of the matter is that people of all different personalities often misunderstand each other because everyone sees their own point of view as the default, and that's perfectly natural.

and i just now realized that this thread is nearly two years old now

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I remember reading this back shortly after it was originally posted here. I read it again just now, and I find myself disagreeing with the overall attitude of the article. It is not one that is attempting to reach out and understand both sides.

I think the author met some unhealthy extroverts or something. Because the extroverted people I know are not nearly as he describes them. Yes, they like to talk and go do things and have lots of energy in general, but they don't seem to mind a quiet evening now and then. Just like I don't mind going out and doing something with all our friends on occasion.

It's all about balance.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Its still my opinion that the mbti intro and extro value system has nothig to do with social extro- or introversion. But I will never be able to talk sense into this forum
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I took that article to contain a bit of hyperbole for humorous effect.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Joking aside, I can understand how introverts can feel misunderstood and out of place. I'm sure that many introverts here have had their share of extroverts wanting to fix their shyness, or at least question it. Books such as The Introvert Advantage can help one come to terms with understanding oneself and understanding the introverts around them. But articles like that aren't exactly helping matters, and they don't exactly help quell the stereotype of the arrogant introvert.

And then you have crap like this.

The fact of the matter is that people of all different personalities often misunderstand each other because everyone sees their own point of view as the default, and that's perfectly natural.

and i just now realized that this thread is nearly two years old now
    Like it or not shyness can cause problems and sometimes does need to be fixed... I know plenty of introverts that don't have issues with shyness

Shyness implies a lack of an ability to talk or speak up when its needed... most healthy introverts are fine with this and it really has nothing to do with E/I

A lot of introverts I know talk more than I do... its not a very clear measure of who is introverted and who is isn't... its more how they go about things... hard to explain so I'll leave it at that

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

May I be your personal trainer ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]