• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cognitive functions test: real life examples of the questions?

DreamBeliever

Can someone put these things into rl examples for me? I feel like I might be testing wrong, because I'm misinterpreting the questions.

1. Freely follow your gut instincts and exciting physical impulses as they come up.
2. Offer various unrelated ideas and see what potential they might suggest.
3. Determine success by measurement or other objective method such as the time taken.
4. Feel inclined to be responsible for, and take care of, others' feelings.
5. Experience a premonition or foresee the distant future.
6. Notice whether the details in front of you match what you are accustomed to.
7. Be guided by a definition, logical deduction, or other nugget of reasoning.
8. Feel strongly that something is good or bad.
9. Compassionately take on someone else's needs as your own.
10. Construct an argument to convince someone using evidence clearly in front of you both.
11. Achieve a metamorphosis, definitive insight, or powerful vision of change.
12. Compare an experience against a storehouse of familiar experiences to find what's reliable.
13. Remain in touch with what you want for yourself, what motivates you, and what is good.
14. Apply leverage to a situation to solve a problem impersonally using minimal effort.
15. Enjoy the thrill of action and physical experience in the present moment.
16. Enjoy playing with random interconnections and patterns.
17. Recognize and usually adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.
18. Conceive of a comprehensive plan to maximize progress toward multiple goals at once.
19. Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness.
20. Concisely reference multiple frameworks at once while problem solving.
21. Gain a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions.
22. Follow steps to ensure tasks are predictable and completed correctly.
23. Engage life's magical moments and meaningful coincidences as they happen.
24. Quickly move to take advantage of immediate options for action.
25. Always remain true to what you want for yourself or others.
26. Analyze and critique what doesn't fit with a well-defined principle.
27. Review a lot of information over time to confirm what is customary or standard.
28. Feel attracted to the symbolic, archetypal, or mysterious.
29. Instantly read visible cues to see just how far you can go.
30. Keep following tangents and new ideas without limiting yourself to one.
31. Follow a straight line of reasoning.
32. Help make people feel comfortable by engaging in hosting and care-taking.
33. Lay out methods for others to complete tasks in time- and resource-efficient ways.
34. Readily communicate personally to all members of a group to feel unity.
35. Fine-tune a definition or concept to support a theory, perspective or framework.
36. Evaluate what is worth believing in and most important to who you really are inside.
37. Weave into the current dynamics of a situation aspects of other, random contexts.
38. Spur action and pull off results simply by making your presence felt.
39. Transform yourself by focusing inward on a specific way you foresee you will need to be.
40. Fulfill the same regular work or activity everyday at a comfortable pace.
41. Merge and feel intimate oneness with other people.
42. Stick to making decisions based on impersonal measures such as points earned.
43. Continually examine if choices harmonize with important beliefs.
44. Take apart something to figure out the principles on which it works.
45. Push your mental limits to complete an array of innovative achievements.
46. Point out discrepancies between how things are and the way they have always been.
47. Trust what emerges from brainstorming.
48. Easily get in sync physically with people and things around you.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Comment: I think that test even says that understanding of the questions is part of the assesment. This is because this test wants you to pick mental processes you relate to.
However since no one clearly relates to all of them a few individuals of different types must describe the processes they relate the most and then they should share/merge the data. Everthing else might easy get you in the wrong track.

However this could be interesting thing to do if enough people decides to participate.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That's quite a large favor to ask given that there are nearly 50 of them. Perhaps try a different test?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You have to consider that more specific examples people offer might not make it any easier; in some cases, it might add confusion. The more specific such tests get, the more likely it is that it will cause confusion based on subtle cultural bias. There have been similar issues with IQ and aptitude tests when administered to different cultural and ethnic groups; often the authors of such tests unknowingly include cultural bias when phrasing questions.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're asking for what I always wanted from this test. :yes:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll think about it and get back to you, but don't expect it before next week.

I think it might be best if multiple people contributed; that way we would have multiple examples for each question.

......In which case the examples should be placed in a sticky thread next to the threads containing links to the cognitive function tests.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not if like 3-4 people do about 10-16 each.

Plus, I don't really care. I just want some tangible things to go off of. I've tried about every online test, anyway.

DreamBeliever, no offense (although saying this really doesn't help) but right here you sound like a child who pouts when they don't get what they want. In the past people have given you a lot of thought and assistance, and the way you continue to try to shake this forum for answers because you're not satisfied with what its giving you is almost a disrespect to the members who offered you their thoughts. You're asking a lot of people here, even if you 10-16 doesn't seem like a lot to you it still requires a lot of thinking behind each one to be even remotely helpful, and now when some members like [MENTION=19700]Starcrash[/MENTION] are generous enough to go through with it you still go with this "I don't really care" attitude. Do you not see that, at least on this forum, you're digging yourself into a pretty bad place?

The process of typing is often very long and introspective. I joined this forum back when I was in high school and the process at arriving at my current typing (I tested as ENFP, 7w6, and sx/so all at first and came to this forum typed that way) involved a huge evolution of my self-understanding as the years passed by. I did some questionnaires here and there, but no questionnaire was as helpful as navigating this forum, collecting information behind all these theories, observing myself in real life, and then doing a lot of thinking and bouncing my thoughts off of other wonderful people on here. I'm pretty sure [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] knew of MBTI and such since he was in high school and he didn't get settled into ENFJ until his mid 20s.

With the track you're on now, you're not going to get truly satisfactory answers and you'll only get more frustrated. [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] said you may need a breather and I still feel like she's right - I think you could benefit from some time staying away from forcing a type onto yourself and more time returning to feeling comfortable in your own skin. There's only so much you can do in the span of a few months.

DreamBeliever

I'll think about it and get back to you, but don't expect it before next week.

I think it might be best if multiple people contributed; that way we would have multiple examples for each question.

......In which case the examples should be placed in a sticky thread next to the threads containing links to the cognitive function tests.

That's fine. Thank you.

DreamBeliever

[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] Well, I move back into college this weekend, & classes start Monday, so I probably won't be on here much at all then, anyway. & His comment came after mine, so that made no sense. I went out bowling with a family member, so I haven't been like glued to this screen. Well, & picked up my college books. Point is, I've been on the go. Now I'm going shopping, out to eat, & have to pack/clean after. Peace out! I may not be on here for months, which will probs be good.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hey, dreambeliever. I think that chanaynay is absolutely right. Trust me I fully understand the urge to want to understand yourself, and the mbti is a really great tool in order to do so, but at the end of the day it really is just a tool. And sometimes in order to use a tool you need to understand exactly what it is and what is behind. And I get that is what you are trying to do, but I really don't think you are going about it in the absolute best way. You, and others on this forum~myself partially included(though not fully, because I have a tendency to commit both parts of what I am about to describe), seem to be collecting. You are taking quantity and hoping that by its own merit, it ends up cushioning something to encapulsate you. It is passive, and it is one sided, but it is not necessarily your fault. You are trying to inwardly form an impression from the explictly outwardly. But because it is such a passive absorbtion, it does not and will not leave much of an impression- and you will be back wanting more to fill you, to hand you an identity. People have given you some pretty extensive and well thought out opinions, I think it might be a good idea to consider those, try to consolidate what you can if that is easier for you- and really explore what is behind what they mean. Ask questions if you need to, dig deeply into yourself and try to really explore what YOU see, and not what everyone else can give you. MINI-RANT

If you desire to be on this forum, and are really looking for self discovery/understanding, it might be time to sdapt some of your methods. Maybe try some stream of conciousness writing, start a blog. Engage on topics you really understand well.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]& His comment came after mine, so that made no sense.

What I meant is that you tend to spin this apathetic/indifferent mood on your posts while you're asking others for advice, not just in this thread.

"I've given up on it but discuss my type here"

And so on. Why not care and then ask others to offer opinions about your type? It's like a king asking his joker to put on a show even though he knows he won't be entertained.

But I'm trying to put all this out there so you won't feel attacked because that's not what I'm trying to do. I'm just saying that maybe instead of taking a proactive approach you could be more patient and just let things happen as they come, and maybe focus on your own perception of yourself rather than how others perceive you.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm gonna leave aside the personal stuff on this one. I don't particularly care, and I'm not going to get involved. This makes me the worst FJ in the world.

Anyway. I agree with some of the others, but not for the same reasons. It'd be cool to have some examples of the examples, so to speak, to get the ball rolling. I think the exercise you propose is actually a really, really good one. Even initiating this would be a good contribution to all of our understanding -- including your own. But to be successful it might require a bit more of a push.

I wouldn't even say to do 10 of them. Hell, you could think of one good example for one of the statements.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I think [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] voiced the partial, wiggly worms of thoughts that were squiggling around in the back of my brain (you're very articulate, my friend!). A lot of people have given you insights, sometimes multiple times, so I think the time is ripe to reflect on all our insights. You have very many by now, so I'm not sure how many more you want.

Confession: I too have been guilty of maybe going a little overboard with asking for others' insights. At this point, I'm very happy and satisfied with the wonderful and well-thought out responses I've been given. That's what these kinds of forums can help with--but it's all in moderation.

So, yeah. I've already talked to you several times about my opinion on your type as ESFP 6w7. I'm not sure how else I can help you at this point.

I'm not trying to come off as accusatory at all. You seem like a very searching person. I just feel like it's kind of gone too far.

P.S. I have a PerC account on which I only post in 2 fluff-typing threads. I have little familiarity with anyone on that forum, so that's where I dump all the trivial stuff. Here, I love everyone so much that I really actually enjoy having substantial conversations. :wubbie:

DreamBeliever

If you desire to be on this forum, and are really looking for self discovery/understanding, it might be time to sdapt some of your methods. Maybe try some stream of conciousness writing, start a blog. Engage on topics you really understand well.

I'm horrible at trying to write. I can never think of anything to say. [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] suggested journaling, & I told her the same thing.

DreamBeliever

I guess I just come off as shallow? I tried writing blogs on here, but no one responded, so I deleted them. Maybe I should try writing blogs again guys?