• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Friendly Loners?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
What types would be considered 'friendly loners'?

This is what I think I am.

I am nice and friendly with others and enjoy companionship BUT I have trouble with intimacy and definitely am my own drummer. I strongly believe in being independent and that sort of makes me aloof around others. I am the guy that knows everyone on campus but only a few people really well.

Are these the EXTX types or the IXFX types or something else?

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
It's me :blush:

I generally like to be alone, but when I am with people I love and trust, I'm friendly and fun.

My friend Sean was actually disappointed that I didn't want to become a primary school teacher.

I know myself better, thankfully.

Chaotictheorist

MBTI Type
Wolf
That's me to a T. I thrive when I am alone and can't stand being in a crowd. I feel uneasy in a large group.

But INTP makes a good loner. The I and T are what I believe make me want to be alone alot. Interpersonal Reflective Thinking causes people to be loners not because they want to but because it comes so natural.

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
What types would be considered 'friendly loners'?

This is what I think I am.

I am nice and friendly with others and enjoy companionship BUT I have trouble with intimacy and definitely am my own drummer. I strongly believe in being independent and that sort of makes me aloof around others. I am the guy that knows everyone on campus but only a few people really well.

Are these the EXTX types or the IXFX types or something else?

I'm an ENTP, and I'd consider myself to be a friendly loner. I do enjoy hanging around people, however it's not something I actively seek. Most of the time I'm too preoccupied with a new idea, or concept to pursue the company of people. I also know a lot of different people, but very few that I am really close to.

Perhaps it is a failing of mine but I tend to analyse, and pigeion-hole people very quickly, and as a result only seek people that I feel I have some sort of meaningful connection with. I'm not sure if you can relate, but I think there is a misconception that Extroversion is conducive with a constant need to be around people. Instead I argue that Extroversion means deriving and expressing ideas for, and within an observable reality.

Therefore, I'd say there is every possibility that you are an ENTP.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i always think of the ENFJ when it comes to this one, as they have a lot of friends but it's really hard to be really close to them. apart from that, any IF type can fill this role quite well, so those are INFJ's, INFP's, ISFP's and ISFJ's.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Mememememmemememememe.

Unfortunately, I can't help you as I don't know my own type.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Moi aussi. Seems there are a lot of us around these parts.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I can meld into a crowd well when there's emotional awesomeness going on, the trading of jokes, loud boisterous activity. And on the other hand I can be quite the loner, a hardcore individualist who won't sacrifice his freedom for anyone else. So yeah, it's possible to think of someone who's a friendly loner. I don't think this aspect is limited to type. To me, it's more universal and subject to the details of one's psyche, rather than something as overarching as type is.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I absolutely loathe crowds.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
shouldn't that make you X in XNTP blatantly obvious then?

That's what I think, too, but the silly tests don't agree.
Know what? Fuck it. I'm claiming my introversion. Thanks for the nudge.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
That's what I think, too, but the silly tests don't agree.
Know what? Fuck it. I'm claiming my introversion. Thanks for the nudge.

if the tests are asking you questions like 'do you like going out with friends or staying by yourself on the weekends?' and you think you may be extroverted because you answer 'visiting friends', but you feel like you don't like crowds in general, don't listen to the test. introverts can also love being with their friends, they just prefer a close circle of friends who really know them rather than a big crowd who don't.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
if the tests are asking you questions like 'do you like going out with friends or staying by yourself on the weekends?' and you think you may be extroverted because you answer 'visiting friends', but you feel like you don't like crowds in general, don't listen to the test. introverts can also love being with their friends, they just prefer a close circle of friends who really know them rather than a big crowd who don't.

I don't like crowds, but they don't need to be a close circle of friends, either. Sometimes I prefer them not to be. Who knows which persona I'll invent then :devil:
Wayfaring strangers are cool. And I am energized by certain types of interactions with other people . . . sometimes moreso than being by myself.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
What is it when you like the ambiance of people but you get really mad when they try to talk to you?