User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

My theory was that ET types would be considered the friendly loners.. however, it seems that it is mostly NP types that are calling themselves out.

That makes sense.. Ne makes a person interested in the outside world but so focused on ideas that the person can gain satisfaction from being alone.. this is likely why the ENXP types are considered the introverted extraverts and INXP types with good use of Ne feel the same way.

A probable exception to the rule is the INFJ.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    My theory was that ET types would be considered the friendly loners.. however, it seems that it is mostly NP types that are calling themselves out.

That makes sense.. Ne makes a person interested in the outside world but so focused on ideas that the person can gain satisfaction from being alone.. this is likely why the ENXP types are considered the introverted extraverts and INXP types with good use of Ne feel the same way.

A probable exception to the rule is the INFJ.
    INFJ's are a bit different. The other friendly loners are friendly because they actually like you. The INFJ is often just being polite, but you aren't supposed to know that.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Lexlike View Post
    well, now im doing now social service in a home for handicapped people
    How are you getting on with this? Obviously it sounds not dissimilar to Occupational Therapy, so your take on it interests me. I suspect it's difficult not to derive a sense of satisfaction from altruistic work, but do you enjoy the day-to-day stuff?

i study law and will propably try to finish it... still very unsure if its the right path i have chosen, anyway im a good planner but not a great finisher i would say ( but i have to learn to finish...)... do you think law is good for such INxP types like
    us?
    Well I have a passionately love of justice, and a love to be impassioned by injustice; that mixed with an investigative personality, a good memory bank when required, and a playfulness with words makes law sound very appealing. If you can get through the procrastination, and not give up when it comes to what seems as trivial information - I think it could be almost perfect.

not so surprisingly i m a friendly loner too ... its quiet interesting that people often see/ judge or percieve me in very different ways: from egoistic, lazy, unfocused, (socially akward propably too) to a deep, intelligent person...
    Oh my, same here! I think it's because I respond to people differently, and I like to compensate in social situations (if no one's quiet - I'm quiet, if no one's loud, I'm loud etc.). I come into my own one-on-one with someone I care about, trust, and respect.

but yesterday at this home where i "work" there was a 5- year old child from a therapist. At the end of the day the child seemed was really bound to me and liked my friendlyness. The day after his mother told me that her child is bullied because of his darker skin colour and he is always searching for friendly people with whom he can become friends...
    Aww. I bet he relishes coming to see you. I have a second cousin called Lewis (the little one in my profile picture), apparently he talks about me a lot despite seeing me only once a year. It's interesting how the inxp might come into it: I get an almost self-actualising satisfaction out of being a positive influence, but I do this mainly through teaching; helping him to see the world in a more complex light, enjoying music together, etc. But I appreciate my cousins most for bringing out my sense of play, something which is natural to me, but is suppressed.

Perhaps I would be best off working with children, just so long as I could return to solitude at the end of the day (even though that sounds a little judgmental and sucky to me, I guess it would be my way of keeping up my professionalism and being the best I can be). I do know that you can branch off into pediatrics from Occupational Therapy, though, and Horticultural Therapist sound nice, too.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

I'm a loner, and it's not something I've ever been ashamed of. Even though I'm a loner, I'm still pretty "cool" whenever I'm around people. One more to fit your theory.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    I'm a loner, and it's not something I've ever been ashamed of. Even though I'm a loner, I'm still pretty "cool" whenever I'm around people. One more to fit your theory.
    we've been seeing lots of ENTPs in this thread! the intoverted extrovert is a term i often hear for ENXPs

MBTI
    INTJ

I'd fit that description pretty well.
    j'adore les chats

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    What types would be considered 'friendly loners'?

This is what I think I am.

I am nice and friendly with others and enjoy companionship BUT I have trouble with intimacy and definitely am my own drummer. I strongly believe in being independent and that sort of makes me aloof around others. I am the guy that knows everyone on campus but only a few people really well.
    As with most things ENTP say, I can say this applies to me almost totally, except for the bolded part.

On a side note, MBTIcentral have been extremely helpful in letting me find my type by the virtue of like-minded people, esp. ENTP.

So like-minded, I wonder how I've ever thought to have been another type.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think most people are friendly. Many people are loners too.

So I would say ISJs are the most likely friendly loner since they are the highest percentage introverts.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield