User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    What is it when you like the ambiance of people but you get really mad when they try to talk to you?
    In need of the Cone of Silence?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    The Unfriendly Loner. I'm sorry.
    Aww...

My bad mood doesn't start until someone's dumb enough to open their mouth.

For friendly loners: INFJ, INTP, ISFP. I would say ISFJ but they usually aren't very much 'loners,' actually.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    IXXP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have been called a loner before. And I do like being alone, but I always attributed that to being the only child.

I also love being with friends as well. I would prefer being with friends over being alone. But I would prefer being alone to having to make small talk with strangers or acquaintances even.

Yeah that's the order:

Friends
    Alone
    Strangers/Acquaintances

I am an ISTP, btw.

For me, I just get bored easily when people (strangers or people i am not interested in knowing) small talk. It sounds snobbish (and I don't mean to be). I try to look interested and I am always polite. But I am sure people can see that I am really thinking, "I would rather be doing something else right now."

Guess I am the Unfriendly Loner.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Yes, I am a friendly loner. I have this order too:

Quote Originally Posted by aguanile View Post
    Yeah that's the order:

Friends
    Alone
    Strangers/Acquaintances

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm not sure if you can relate, but I think there is a misconception that Extroversion is conducive with a constant need to be around people. Instead I argue that Extroversion means deriving and expressing ideas for, and within an observable reality.
    I would agree with this.

A reason why I brought this up is actually because I know a lot of Introverts (IXFX types especially) who seem to strongly dislike the idea of being independent and truly alone.
    However, the reason why I would call them Introverts is because they are very selective about who they hang out with. They do not treat all people the same but rather are extremely open with their friends and extremely reserved around strangers. These are not people you think of when you describe a loner.
    Something else I noticed is that Introverts do everything in their power to not engage in group conversations. I have some Introverted friends and I often find if we all get together that it turns into many one-on-one conversations happening at once- no one else seems to care about what the others have to say but rather what is going on in the specific conversation. I thought I was simply less socially assertive than many of the Introverts I know but I simply see that it is more so a desire to have less people in a conversation as possible..

I would say that Extraverts would get more pleasure from leading others and making things happen than Introverts.

My closest friends in college are probably those of my fraternity but besides that I have a lot of acquaintances here and there who I talked to on a regular basis last year and still see some of them often. They don't know much about me but we can talk about a wide range of topics with ease.
    I'm scared of intimacy and don't think I can ever actually achieve the overpowering intimacy that many others take pleasure in.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm the friendliest loner I know. I'm not very lonely or "alone" per se, I just don't feel very attached to more than a couple people. To others, I'm friendly, but only to a point, as a way of drawing invisible boundaries. I don't feel the need to become extremely close to many people, though I like having options.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Hmmm... INFJ, INFP, INTP

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    It's me

I generally like to be alone, but when I am with people I love and trust, I'm friendly and fun.

My friend Sean was actually disappointed that I didn't want to become a primary school teacher.

I know myself better, thankfully.

and which career did you actually pursuit??
    I...74%
    N...66%
    F... 62%
    P... 72%
    Ti- Ne- Si- Fe
    Te- Ni-Fi- Se
    Ennegramm: 4w5
    Intrapersonal with Logical- Mathemathical I.
    Cassification: brunette East- baltid^^

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Lexlike View Post
    and which career did you actually pursuit??
    Well hello fellow X.

It might come as no surprise to you that I didn't pursue an actual career.

I've recently wanted to become an Occupational Therapist, but the Holland Code thing seems to think I'd be fucking mental to do that.

So I'm teetering between that and anything that might drastically alter my personality/fix anxieties.

(How about you? Any life success at your end?)
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

well, now im doing now social service in a home for handicapped people (instead of military service ) ... i study law and will propably try to finish it... still very unsure if its the right path i have chosen, anyway im a good planner but not a great finisher i would say ( but i have to learn to finish...)... do you think law is good for such INxP types like
    us?
    back to the topic: not so surprisingly i m a friendly loner too ... its quiet interesting that people often see/ judge or percieve me in very different ways: from egoistic, lazy, unfocused, (socially akward propably too) to a deep, intelligent person...
    but yesterday at this home where i "work" there was a 5- year old child from a therapist. At the end of the day the child seemed was really bound to me and liked my friendlyness. The day after his mother told me that her child is bullied because of his darker skin colour and he is always searching for friendly people with whom he can become friends...
    I...74%
    N...66%
    F... 62%
    P... 72%
    Ti- Ne- Si- Fe
    Te- Ni-Fi- Se
    Ennegramm: 4w5
    Intrapersonal with Logical- Mathemathical I.
    Cassification: brunette East- baltid^^