• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Keirsey's soulmates: ENFJ/INTP

FlamingMask

MBTI Type
INTp
Hey guys, mabye we could put an end to the 30+ page discussion on how ENFJ/INTP pairings are SOOOO AWSOME?
Mabye we could talk about some other pairings? mabye? :)

Well, when I think about it, there is a reason people can't stop talking about us two types.

[Hint: It rhymes with we are hamazing] :cheese:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, when I think about it, there is a reason people can't stop talking about us two types.

[Hint: It rhymes with we are hamazing] :cheese:

I love ham!
Wanna find out a way to make it even more delicious than when its coupled with pineapple ?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the ol' salty and sweet combo
i see what you did there:wink:
could we have Ace of Bass in the stereo and Matlock on the TV?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does the strong N stand for No Ace of Bass?
I thought Ns were sensotards and wouldn't notice it.
You learn more everyday, ya know.
Like how Koalas are from another planet and want to eat our brains with mustard!

FlamingMask

MBTI Type
INTp
Well what if you learn something and then forget it? :doh: Then you're really learning less.

Thanks for reminding me about the koalas by the way. Now I'm back to an even score.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and now i am back to the pure evil that is cinnamon-toast waffles and McDonalds fries
not coupled, though. that would be racist

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
*quietly observing this thread*

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
Hey guys, mabye we could put an end to the 30+ page discussion on how ENFJ/INTP pairings are SOOOO AWSOME?
Mabye we could talk about some other pairings? mabye?

Sure we can. Start a new thread about any pairing you'd like. :)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mask, I think it may get more air-time from the sheer tidal wave levels of INTPs on the board (compared statistically to the other types here).

We're possibly the most awesome, of course. *shines nails*

FlamingMask

MBTI Type
INTp
Yeah, good point, this board is a lot more like INTPc than real life. However, it's interesting as well that another pairing with INTP has not received as much attention either - for example, an INTP-INFJ thread. Now is that due to a larger number of ENFJs than INFJs, or something else?

*admires reflection*

Tikka

MBTI Type
INFJ
I like it (or not) that in most of the discussions here on this board, gender plays a minor role compared to the types (duh).

But I think ENFJss have more traditional feminine ways than INTPs, so it would matter who is the guy and who is the gal here.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, good point, this board is a lot more like INTPc than real life. However, it's interesting as well that another pairing with INTP has not received as much attention either - for example, an INTP-INFJ thread. Now is that due to a larger number of ENFJs than INFJs, or something else?

I think opposite pairings charge the collective imagination most for their obvious polarity. I myself have dated INTPs, ENTPs and ISTPs, so to me there's many variations on a theme, esp considering how many sub-types exist amidst one population/group. :)

ENFJs, to me, have been hens' teeth. I know only two IRL, but many INFJs. Can't explain that. :huh:

*admires reflection*

You have very fine feathers. Very fine. *preens self* As do I. :D

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

*admires reflection*

An INFJ friend that I was talking to about this, said that with her and INTPs [or really, any I in general], you just end up circling around each other, advancing and withdrawing for all eternity. So maybe one of them needs an E to "get things done" in the relationship.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My INTJ bff is dating an INTP girl. It seems to work somehow. They're both so cerebral. I also know an ISTJ-ISFP pair that really get along well. Some introverts seem to prefer other Is, but those who aren't so internalized as they are.

I've dated ENTPs, but they were moderate Es, like me. My E/I split is so close together is causes me problems sometimes. An easy-going E can be on par with an "extroverted" I.

*shines the robot with a Sham-Wow*

FlamingMask

MBTI Type
INTp
I think opposite pairings charge the collective imagination most for their obvious polarity. I myself have dated INTPs, ENTPs and ISTPs, so to me there's many variations on a theme, esp considering how many sub-types exist amidst one population/group. :)

ENFJs, to me, have been hens' teeth. I know only two IRL, but many INFJs. Can't explain that. :huh:

You have very fine feathers. Very fine. *preens self* As do I. :D

I agree that being as opposite as each can stand really promotes growth. For most people, that is everything except for S/N. And because of the way functions line up for "pedagogues", it's like you're slowly growing together:

:hug:

It's definitely odd that you mention knowing so many INFJs, since they are supposed to be exceedingly rare. Where do you keep finding them? I want to meet one and study it's behavior in a controlled experiment.

An INFJ friend that I was talking to about this, said that with her and INTPs [or really, any I in general], you just end up circling around each other, advancing and withdrawing for all eternity. So maybe one of them needs an E to "get things done" in the relationship.

That sounds highly plausible, especially if they're both pretty introverted. I imagine them taking turns in each position in the scientific diagram I have constructed below:

:run: :run:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, let's see. My shop foreman, my garage buddy, my dad, a local fellow hockey fan (married to an ENFP), a doctor, my ENFP twin's ex-bf, a girlfriend of mine now in Texas, as a few examples. You may borrow any of them! :)

Granted, when I first encountered my garage buddy and my foreman, it was like a cosmic moment for all of us NFJs, like "HEY! HEY! An airplane!! We're saaaaaved!" *arms waving over head on desert island* hahahaha... believe me, the three of us stuck out pretty badly. My sister's ESTP welding foreman really liked my INFJ foreman but said he was "worrier". It's true. We'd all be standing around worrying. lol Me and the garage buddy on the automotive side, then me and my foreman on the diesel side.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hmmm I know three INFJ's IRL all female. I have a slew of ENFP's in my life and four INFP's, three females and one male. I know one male ENFJ and myself....that's it when it comes to ENFJ's Someone on this board once mentioned that ENFJ's don't recognize themselves...I don't think that's the case...I'm searching hard...and I'm not even searching for an ENFJ JUST LIKE ME....just the superficial stuff..that's all I'm asking for. Haven't found another female and the male I know we sorta recognized each other..it wasn't that hard to spot him actually once I met him...and then he confirmed that he had indeed tested professionally (he used to work for Lego) as an ENFJ.

Shadow1969

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2, 9
I am ENFJ and I've been on a roll of dating INFP's. I love INFP's but I've found we are better as friends. My best relationships were with an ESTJ and an INFP.

I'd be curious to date another ENFJ. I've noticed people in relationships with their same type tend to be happy and stay together forever.