User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post

I take HUGE exception to the tenor of these comments. I've pulled down high marks all my life, read Hawking and Kaku ALONE (re: no "assistance" from an NT - as if), and kicked several INTPs' asses in the collegiate realm, including my genius ex-bf. In no way are INTPs more intelligent that ANYONE else. I find that supremely pedantic and arrogant, and a persistent issue. I've frequently drawn myself up short to wait on my INT friends to match me. Can I sit down and do long division in my head? No. And neither can my INTJ best friend, even though he has a ridiculously high IQ. Can genius-prone ex-bf walk circles around me mentally if he wanted to? Maybe. Maybe not. Hasn't been able to in 12 years. There are subjects that bore me to tears or things that I'm no good at (like my well-documented numerical dyslexia) that he can take me on, but there are others that we both like and used to "debate" for hours. For sheer processing power, he has me over a barrel, but I'll bet I can arrive at the same point via other means. Just watch me.

yeesh, calm down i didn't say INTP's were necessary smarter or whatever. as NT's they prize logic over all else. all i said was that ENFJ's are often smart so INTP's respect that. why the anger?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    or perhaps a mindmate and a soulmate are not that different...........
    This is something that someone with the soulmate mating style would say. It's not something a mindmate would say.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    That's something that someone with the soulmate mating style would say. It's not something a mindmate would say.
    I'm sure you're right.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    You drained him of his essence, leaving behind nothing but an empty husk. You removed his tiny heart, putting it in a locket that you like to take out from time to time to look at and smile fondly.

Yes?
    She's a Skeksis?

What the hades is wrong with us...I can't even stand that I'm this way...and yet I am. I'd like to be a cool calm Ms about love and I can't help the intensity. I gotta find myself the man who makes me feel like the Anais quote...WHERE THE HECK IS HE!!!! :steam:
    I've felt it, but they just didn't stay. That's nothing that can be controlled.

Really... if you are looking for that kind of man, probably not best to look among the INTPs. Sorry, animenagai.
    Yes, I just don't think 95% of the INTPs can give you that.
    Explain.

The INTP is a detatched observer. Making enormous demands is out of the INTP wheelhouse.
    Detached observer, in ideology. I stand four-square to that assertion. Try as you might, if you ever have the misfortune of falling for ENFJ, just try to stay on the fringe. I defy you. I defy your 'science', your 'detachment', your 'objectivity'. Once the catalyst hits your surface, kiss your ideology good-bye. Everything will burn away and take new shape. Go ahead. Try and stop it. I can't stop it either.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I don't like turbulent romantic relationships, nor do I think that I'm a turbulent person.
    I'm turbulent. I can't help it. I really can't. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've been this way from the word 'go'. I don't go out for turbulence, but - I don't know. It's a point of deep sadness and mortification for me. Maybe you have to feel some measure of safety to be calm? To stop bucking? I'm trying to learn. But even on my good days, when I'm all right, I'm still feeling the lava moving around under the skin. My sisters and friends say I'm a wild animal and always will be. Is that bad? Because I can't turn it off.

I recoil from people because I don't want to exhaust them. That would destroy something in me.

Pink, I have a question: It seems like your relationships with these guys suffered an abrupt ending. How do you think they would've played out if they naturally ended?
    Most likely badly, especially the drug addict. Fate stepped in because I was too stupid to draw my hand back out of the fire. Too stupid. When the cosmos steps in to pull you apart, you have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I generally feel like I am (will be) unfair to whatever woman I am in a relationship with. I just don't have a lot to give emotionally... an ear to talk to, a shoulder to lean on, not being judgmental in most circumstances... but thats about it.
    What's wrong with that? You don't have to go through her emotions with her. You just have to listen, to be there for her. Asking you to be something you're not accomplishes nothing at all, Y. I liked my INTP ex-bf *because* he didn't get jacked up. He listened in silence, and I knew I had his ear. He didn't have to announce it. I knew he cared because he listened. I knew he cared because he stayed over when I was just out of the hospital and alone. I knew he cared when my phone got cut off and bills were going unpaid because we were broke and he stepped in and helped us. I knew he cared when he went out at 10pm to find my mortally ill sister vitamins and then drive an hour to my house, only to sit with her awhile to make her laugh before he left.

THAT's how I know.

Sometimes the demands are put-on without realizing it. I used to drive my X-fiance crazy for reasons I never fully understood. Something about being busy/preoccupied with work/school/hobbies. The weird thing is she seemed to like that. The more I tried to do what she actually asked, and spent more time with her, the more she lost interest. I guess I became too little of a challenge.
    That sounds immature on her part. Granted I don't like being up in anybody's business and vice versa, but that doesn't sound like what was meant.

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    yeesh, calm down i didn't say INTP's were necessary smarter or whatever. as NT's they prize logic over all else. all i said was that ENFJ's are often smart so INTP's respect that. why the anger?
    It's the overarching "INTPs are smarter" talk that I've kinda lost patience with, not you. I sincerely apologize for my tone.

I'm sure you're right.
    No, she isn't. I think the distinction between soul mate and mind mate is fine at best and completely open to personal interpretation. Her statement seems to imply that feelers speak only one way about heart matters and that's simply not true. We have a "mode", yes, but to throw a blanket over it is oversimplification.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENFJ

No, she isn't. I think the distinction between soul mate and mind mate is fine at best and completely open to personal interpretation. Her statement seems to imply that feelers speak only one way about heart matters and that's simply not true. We have a "mode", yes, but to throw a blanket over it is oversimplification.
    That's how she feels...

I know what you're saying.

She doesn't get it.

I think that the line is fine between the two myself. I don't have the energy
    to argue with the way she feels...cause it is just about how she feels...thinks.

I guess my scarcasm isn't strong at all tonight...

Let her find out (or not) when an amazing ENFJ comes
    her way...if she's that fortunate.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Detached observer, in ideology. I stand four-square to that assertion. Try as you might, if you ever have the misfortune of falling for ENFJ, just try to stay on the fringe. I defy you. I defy your 'science', your 'detachment', your 'objectivity'. Once the catalyst hits your surface, kiss your ideology good-bye. Everything will burn away and take new shape. Go ahead. Try and stop it. I can't stop it either.
    Misfortune...nah not at all.

Strong ones don't run..they embrace a fire that doesn't burn...Lava creates new lands on which to plant all sorts of amazing things.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

to be honest PP, i am one of those people who think INTP's are smarter in general. i don't think that a person from one type is automatically smarter from one from another, i just think it has some truth in general. for the record, it's not just INTP's that i have respect for in terms of intelligence and despite all this, i've never felt inferior to any INTP in terms of intelligence. it seems like people (not just you) are getting sick of it though, so i'll stop .

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

to be honest PP, i am one of those people who think INTP's are smarter in general. i don't think that a person from one type is automatically smarter from one from another, i just think it has some truth in general. for the record, it's not just INTP's that i have respect for in terms of intelligence and despite all this, i've never felt inferior to any INTP in terms of intelligence. it seems like people (not just you) are getting sick of it though, so i'll stop .
    That's what counts, really.

It may be more a male INTP vs. female ENFJ thing ultimately.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

What's wrong with that? You don't have to go through her emotions with her. You just have to listen, to be there for her. Asking you to be something you're not accomplishes nothing at all, Y. I liked my INTP ex-bf *because* he didn't get jacked up. He listened in silence, and I knew I had his ear. He didn't have to announce it. I knew he cared because he listened. I knew he cared because he stayed over when I was just out of the hospital and alone. I knew he cared when my phone got cut off and bills were going unpaid because we were broke and he stepped in and helped us. I knew he cared when he went out at 10pm to find my mortally ill sister vitamins and then drive an hour to my house, only to sit with her awhile to make her laugh before he left.

THAT's how I know.
    It's good to know that can be enough.

That sounds immature on her part. Granted I don't like being up in anybody's business and vice versa, but that doesn't sound like what was meant.
    She was kinda young, and she hadn't ever lived away from her parents (not even during college), so there were a lot of things going on for her. I can't say I understood compleltely.

I added to the mix by telling her about a rather anxiety causing dream of mine. I was also going through a rather strong period of self-doubt (which happens often). In retrospect, it was incosiderate of me to add to her burden.

I am curious. Why do you think it has truth in general?

I am always amazed that someone can believe I am smart when we have only interacted with me for a few minutes (when I say next to nothing).

Is it a vibe of some sort? The glasses and beard?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP

Honestly, I think I'd rather have a soulmate than a mindmate. I enjoy meeting people whose brain works like mine, but it doesn't naturally inspire passion in me.