User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    Yeah like I stated above..I think it takes a more mature (not just experience...time) INTP to appreicate the joys of an ENFJ. If he meets one and they are at a similar teen stage I can imagine her scaring the pants off him.
    My mother and oldest sister are also extroverted feelers. They scare/frustrate/annoy him, too.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    He was constantly trying to break my F into a T because it was the only letter where we differed.
    Did you find that flattering or irritating?

I was "so close" to being just what he demanded.
    What? Him?

The only reason they broke up was that he got bored with her.
    Nice.

She wasn't intelligent enough for him
    And you were?

even though she was enthusiastic about trying to study things with him. Her intelligence would not necessarily be type-dependent, regardless of what the research says about an introvert being more likely to have a high IQ than an extravert, so I would have to say that it is possible for ENFJs and INTPs to be extremely successful. The ENFJ was crazy about the INTP and needed his rationality to balance her. Both gained something from the relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    ENFJ's are typically still pretty bright so they can answer the INTP's questions with reason while being contrastingly positive at the same time. if this is true, i can see why the INTP could be attracted to the ENFJ.
    I take HUGE exception to the tenor of these comments. I've pulled down high marks all my life, read Hawking and Kaku ALONE (re: no "assistance" from an NT - as if), and kicked several INTPs' asses in the collegiate realm, including my genius ex-bf. In no way are INTPs more intelligent that ANYONE else. I find that supremely pedantic and arrogant, and a persistent issue. I've frequently drawn myself up short to wait on my INT friends to match me. Can I sit down and do long division in my head? No. And neither can my INTJ best friend, even though he has a ridiculously high IQ. Can genius-prone ex-bf walk circles around me mentally if he wanted to? Maybe. Maybe not. Hasn't been able to in 12 years. There are subjects that bore me to tears or things that I'm no good at (like my well-documented numerical dyslexia) that he can take me on, but there are others that we both like and used to "debate" for hours. For sheer processing power, he has me over a barrel, but I'll bet I can arrive at the same point via other means. Just watch me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    My mother and oldest sister are also extroverted feelers. They scare/frustrate/annoy him, too.
    Exhibit A as to why an ENFJ would like an INTP but doesn't bother. Who wants to chase down their date and coax him out from under a table? Are you kidding me? I've dated more ENTPs because of this. Not only do they frikkin' respond when you jab them with a pin, they actually behave like you have a brain and show respect for your intelligence instead of making a real "I'm smarter" competition out of it. On top of that, the ENTPs generally are more relaxed, life-experienced and willing to take a chance.

It would be great to find more INTPs - the ones I've dated/been involved with were cosmic. Talk about instant karma. Whatever it is, it's like being boiled in oil and liking it. You just instinctively want to knock them down and sit on them, grinning like a Cheshire Cat. (Granted, that happens to me with both NTP types.) The first guy I was violently attracted to was INTP and it was mutual.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Yup and I can imagine that. Are they ENFJ or ESFJ? Also my initial comment was this

I think it's a relationship that will occur mainly (with success) when both are older and have come to know themselves fairly well.
    He's a 17 year old INTP. I met one young INTP when he was only just 20. I was (at the time) nine years older than him. At that point he was ready to deal with an extroverted feeler and I was old enough to understand myself and fortunately him too. His mom who annoyed him alot is an introverted feeler. I think he realized the difference between the way we used our primary functions. Give your brother and mom and sister some time. If your mom and sister are healthy balanced Fe's it should eventually work out. (altho if the communication is off (N/S) it will def be harder)
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Addendum: I've met a bunch of INTP chicks that I really dig, and would date if you people weren't GIRLS.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I take HUGE exception to the tenor of these comments. I've pulled down high marks all my life, read Hawking and Kaku ALONE (re: no "assistance" from an NT - as if), and kicked several INTPs' asses in the collegiate realm, including my genius ex-bf. In no way are INTPs more intelligent that ANYONE else. I find that supremely pedantic and arrogant, and a persistent issue. I've frequently drawn myself up short to wait on my INT friends to match me. Can I sit down and do long division in my head? No. And neither can my INTJ best friend, even though he has a ridiculously high IQ. Can genius-prone ex-bf walk circles around me mentally if he wanted to? Maybe. Maybe not. Hasn't been able to in 12 years. There are subjects that bore me to tears or things that I'm no good at (like my well-documented numerical dyslexia) that he can take me on, but there are others that we both like and used to "debate" for hours. For sheer processing power, he has me over a barrel, but I'll bet I can arrive at the same point via other means. Just watch me.

Exhibit A as to why an ENFJ would like an INTP but doesn't bother. Who wants to chase down their date and coax him out from under a table? Are you kidding me? I've dated more ENTPs because of this. Not only do they frikkin' respond when you jab them with a pin, they actually behave like you have a brain and show respect for your intelligence instead of making a real "I'm smarter" competition out of it. On top of that, the ENTPs generally are more relaxed, life-experienced and willing to take a chance.

It would be great to find more INTPs - the ones I've dated/been involved with were cosmic. Talk about instant karma. Whatever it is, it's like being boiled in oil and liking it. You just instinctively want to knock them down and sit on them, grinning like a Cheshire Cat. (Granted, that happens to me with both NTP types.) The first guy I was violently attracted to was INTP and it was mutual.
    Thank you Pink..well said. As for the Instant karma thing...hoo boy.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    Thank you Pink..well said.
    Straight up. Wasn't just me getting sick of hearing that rot?! Gee, wonder why!

As for the Instant karma thing...hoo boy.
    *fans self* The ER, not a great place to wanna tear your doctor's shirt off, know what I mean?

Do you find you're attracted to just the Is or do you have a parallel E fetish like me?
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I don't believe I've known any ENFJ potentials, but it's starting to sound like a damned dangerous proposition...*run run run*

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Straight up. Wasn't just me getting sick of hearing that rot?! Gee, wonder why!

*fans self* The ER, not a great place to wanna tear your doctor's shirt off, know what I mean?

Do you find you're attracted to just the Is or do you have a parallel E fetish like me?
    Never met a male ENTP but I've got a female ENTP friend and we clicked straight off. I don't even wanna think how amazing they might be.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I don't believe I've known any ENFJ potentials, but it's starting to sound like a damned dangerous proposition...*run run run*
    *eyes you dubiously*

Aside to LLNF: That one runs like a turkey... it's kinda cute... huh, I'm thinking of Thanksgiving...
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Straight into the arms of the one who loves ya...and can know you pretty well too...are you scared yet?