User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    thanks. apparently my ideal type is an ENTJ. i like ENTJ's if they're not overbearing or have the anger issues like so many do. there's a difference between ideal me and ideal mate though. i'll put this in the 'in favor of keirsey' column

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default Confession of an ENFJ

I'm an ENfJ and I admit to having a 'thing' for INTPs. They really capture my interest, and they're so different, from me, from everyone, really. They have that underdog feel to them, but they're so independent I don't have the urge to help them with anything; just observe and make witty comments. They're also great for debates and friendly competition, and I have a high enough IQ to keep up with the ones I've met. Oh, the intricacies.
    And sometimes, when they're confused, they get this look, oh it's so cute. I always think of INTPs as puppies, because they're so playful and they easily entertain themselves. And, sometimes, you can just sit back and watch, because even though most don't think aloud, their thoughts ring loud and clear (Well, to an ENFJ, anyway.) And I love how I can leave an INTP to their own devices while I give someone a pep talk and they won't get fidgety. That's always a good trait for the companion of an ENFJ. And they're rational. If I'm ever overwhelmed, my INTP friends will sit back and laugh their asses off before offering a well thought out, perfectly reasonable suggestion. Or, if they think I can find the answer myself, they'll kind of look around and wait patiently for me to slap my forehead and pronounce myself an idiot before agreeing before summing things up and moving onto the next topic of interest, or getting back to the notes we're supposed to be taking. The INTPs I've met are the sarcastic, unapologetic, corporate twins I misplaced at birth.
    And I honestly think 27 Dresses is an ENFJ/INTP romance. :L

frozenchickensmoke

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    And ENFPs do that? I wouldn't have thought it. Not that ENFJs do it, but surprised ENFPs do.

ESFJ/ENFJ - lead with Fe. Why wouldn't they be more prone to outbursts? Better control of that lead Fe?
    I know this is really really old but I never saw this and I just HAD to respond. I simply do not understand why people equate Fe with outbursts. What about the positive aspect of Fe the part that takes into consideration how others feel (or at least tries to) the part that would consider the outburst before they did it because they are thinking about the affect it would have on others.

It takes me a long time to have an outburst (generally) when something pisses me off I first think about what I could have done to cause the situation and when I'm pretty much sure I'm not to blame or not the ONLY one to blame then I will talk about it. I'm not a person prone to outbursts at all. When I have them it's rare....they are also not pleasant...but they are rare. In contrast most P's I know especially my ENFP and INFP friends/family are pretty much all about the outburst thing. I always attributed it to having Fi. As far as I can see in my case the Fe paired with Ni makes me so much less likely to have an outburst.

Even the ESFJ's that I know don't have outbursts..they do take things personally ALOT but they'll also stew about it before they get upset. They def handle things differently than I do but they are not prone to outburst the way my ESFP niece, INFP sister/cousin/friend, ENFP friends are. As far as I'm concerned P's do exactly what they want to when they want to including having outbursts. That can be fun..but it can also be exhausting when it's not a happy happy joy joy time.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    ENFJ

MacGuffin...

where are you..need to find out why you think the above..that you thought LAST year.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Fe = outbursts when the Fe is violated. Such as when social norms aren't followed. If gentle persuasion doesn't get people back on track, hysterics can result. I see this with my ESFJ mother-in-law. Maybe ENFJs are different. I suspect it has to do with maturity and self-awareness.

ExFPs having outbursts... I don't have a lot of experience with it.

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Fe = outbursts when the Fe is violated. Such as when social norms aren't followed. If gentle persuasion doesn't get people back on track, hysterics can result. I see this with my ESFJ mother-in-law. Maybe ENFJs are different. I suspect it has to do with maturity and self-awareness.

ExFPs having outbursts... I don't have a lot of experience with it.
    Nope. That's not right.

SFJs can do this, but NFJs don't care directly about social norms. However if you violate their system of morals they can have a similar outburst. An ESFJ and ENFJ could have an outburst about the same thing, say you were being rude to her friend, but they both would have different reasoning for why they were mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Nope. That's not right.

SFJs can do this, but NFJs don't care directly about social norms. However if you violate their system of morals they can have a similar outburst. An ESFJ and ENFJ could have an outburst about the same thing, say you were being rude to her friend, but they both would have different reasoning for why they were mad.
    agreed... i wouldn't have sported chains and a mohawk in a town of 12,000 rural type people had i cared about getting sideways looks...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Nope. That's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    agreed... i wouldn't have sported chains and a mohawk in a town of 12,000 rural type people had i cared about getting sideways looks...
    So how do ENFJs use Fe?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

i roast marshmellows with it...

we use it to keep others warm and understood...

MBTI
    ENFJ

ExFPs having outbursts... I don't have a lot of experiences with it.
    Ok I'm having hysterics right now..I typed up this entire post explaining my experiences with ESFJ/ISFJ/ENFJ and ENFP/INFP and ESFPs. I LOST THE WHOLE FLIPPING POST! I'm having hysterics....I'm flipping out!!!!!!!!! I'm going to walk away from this keyboard and try to recreate it when I return. Thanks for responding MacGuffin.