ENTP w/ INFJ

Fe&Ti core - with both types as perceivers
    primary theme - benevolent and detached analysis

me and night, forever
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    I think the I/E thing can be very important to some people. I know an INFJ who will only consider other introverts. It is the most important quality she seeks in a mate. Also, the relationship I just mentioned worked partly because of the I/E difference, where the girl's extraversion made her assertive enough and social enough to be just what the introverted guy needed.
    I'd have to agree with this. I too, find introversion a highly considered trait only because of much is required of me day to day as an infj. it gets tiring and solitude is a highly valued for time to not only recharge, but to reflect, reconsider, and reconstruct my thoughts and feelings so i'am ready and fresh again to take on life. but i guess this is if you have a strong leaning with your given 4 letter traits and how mature you are. I realize that growing characteristically will also enhance an individual's four letter type and emit the tolerance for one to work alongside another who may seem completely differently.

MBTI
    INXP

I used to consider the introverted as better suitors (I'm so gay, right?), but I've been so impressed with the ENTPs here, that I soon changed my mind a while back.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I think the flip flopping of the primary and last functions help and INTP and an ENFJ to connect on an interesting level. The INTPs I know I have an interesting dynamic with. It's very easy to read them...(I'm not always right on the money but close enough to make them take notice it might make them uncomfortable but not in a negative way. Same goes for me with regards to INTP's (the ones I know irl) I think it's a relationship that will occur mainly (with success) when both are older and have come to know themselves fairly well.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    I think the I/E thing can be very important to some people. I know an INFJ who will only consider other introverts. It is the most important quality she seeks in a mate. Also, the relationship I just mentioned worked partly because of the I/E difference, where the girl's extraversion made her assertive enough and social enough to be just what the introverted guy needed.
    i was just trying to say that not all Is prefer Es and vice versa. so i thought the I/E part should be taken out of the formula.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The INTPs I know don't look too fondly on ENFJs, at least the stereotype. It's true that extroverted feeling is an INTPs inferior function, but that doesn't mean they'll enjoy being with someone who uses it all the time. My youngest brother, an INTP, avoids those situations at all costs, which usually involves hiding out in his room.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    The INTPs I know don't look too fondly on ENFJs, at least the stereotype. It's true that extroverted feeling is an INTPs inferior function, but that doesn't mean they'll enjoy being with someone who uses it all the time. My youngest brother, an INTP, avoids those situations at all costs, which usually involves hiding out in his room.
    How old is your brother?
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    How old is your brother?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Yeah like I stated above..I think it takes a more mature (not just experience...time) INTP to appreicate the joys of an ENFJ. If he meets one and they are at a similar teen stage I can imagine her scaring the pants off him.

Enneagram
    1w2

I think EFJ/ITP (and IFP/ETJ) combinations work against prevailing type compatibilities. ENP/INJ and ISJ/ESP do not have each others inferior function as the dominant of the other partner so they tend to work out a bit better. Of course there are exceptions, but that's what I mostly see.

I've found that if you're going to do the ENFJ/INTP then both parties need to be a bit more mature and patient with the other and willing to see the strengths the other possesses as not something that needs to be beat down with a bat. There are some INTPs on the forum whose Ti I find grating while others (like ygolo and :horor:Bluewing:horor that doesn't really bother me at all, I actually like their manner and what they have to say.

I think EFJ/ETP and IFJ/ITP is probably a better combo.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3