User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is more important?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Being intelligent.

14 58.33%
  • Being presumed intelligent as per N.

4 16.67%
  • Nocapszy is a troll. It's not fair of him to make us choose.

12 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
123 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Exclamation Concerns over the scientific wellbeing of Type threads

What the fuck is going on here guys?

The recent flood of type related threads truly are an embarrassment. Starting with the retaliatory Why do thinkers hate F??????? to Bluewing's (who, by the way is not wrong) recent 'attacks': threads such as TLL's and this gem ending with all those wonderous "which type is most ____"

Cut it out.

Oh and those obsequious, pandering N vs. S threads...
    Lemme clue you guys in on something. Being intuitive is a fair indicator of elevated intelligence. It's not even a debate.
    There ARE dumb intuitives though, and there ARE smart sensors.

Ask grayscale. One of the more intelligent posters on the board passing up a good number of the intuitives. He's an S. I always commend him in situations like these. The hero of the Ss? Perhaps, but he's not alone.

It's possible to be smart, and be a sensor.

How about a brain teaser. Could being intuitive possibly be the result of rather than a cause of intelligence?
    That is to ask, is it likely, or probable if, contingent on intelligence, you'll develop intuitive functions, rather than sensate functions?

Call me a terrorist if you will. You won't be the first. The truth is terrifying, I agree with you.
    This doesn't change the fact that you're taking it too personally, if you're a sensor.

Let me post this question to you:

Which matters more?
    A) being intelligent
    B) being intuitive, and presumed intelligent

Choose in the poll.

If answer A has the higher number of votes, I'll know we're a pack of liars who's rhetoric conflicts their action.

You're all asking the wrong questions. It's no wonder Victor hates typology.
    Well... I do too.
    Point being, let's stop with the trolling and superficiality.

Chisel the stones, after you excavate them.
    A sculpture is no good if it's stuck in the ground. Imagine if da Vinci left his art in the earth.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

It's reasonable to say that Intuitives are more visionary or imaginative, while Sensors are more here-and-now and detail-oriented, but that has nothing to do with actual intelligence. Nor does N make a person more adept at seeing the consequences of actions -- that has more to do with a judgment function -- N is simply perceiving from the unconscious, looking from within (intuit means to look inward, and this is different from introvert, which means to turn inward).

I also don't understand what being an N has to do with being more open-minded.

MBTI
    INFJ

Um... well I don't really like it either how people get so categorical about the types, and the S/N dichotomy, but I don't see what you have against the thread by TLL? I thought it was necessary... BlueWing is not wrong, huh? Isn't he the most categorical of all (not to say that he seems to have misunderstood the T/F scale)?

MBTI
    INXP

It really is hard work ignoring all these who's better than who threads.

'though I haven't a fucking clue what this poll's about.

This thread needs more profanity.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I'm not gonna vote cause I agree, the conversations about which type/function is superior shit me to tears!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    It's reasonable to say that Intuitives are more visionary or imaginative, while Sensors are more here-and-now and detail-oriented, but that has nothing to do with actual intelligence.
    Ugh... thanks for reminding me of the contrast of S and N. I wondered if I had it correct.
    Nor does N make a person more adept at seeing the consequences of actions
    Intelligence is not solely contingent on recognizing consequence. Understanding is a more necessary component. Intuition isn't about pixies and day dreaming. You've confused introversion with intuition. There are obvious parallels. But introversion has in common components of every function.
    that has more to do with a judgment function -- N is simply perceiving from the unconscious, looking from within (intuit means to look inward, and this is different from introvert, which means to turn inward).
    Again, thank you for the tutorial, but I'm certain I'm more knowledgeable than you.

I also don't understand what being an N has to do with being more open-minded.
    Open minded? Who said anything about that? Also, since when does being open minded have anything to do with intelligence, or was a ranting piggyback?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

If people want to start N v S threads or T v F threads to find out the 'differences' among the functions, fine. What gets my goat is people then applying value systems and saying one is 'better' than another. Usually I respond to such threads with some snarky remarks about my farting dog just to make them see how ridiculous the whole thing is.

For someone who means it well, I usually take the time to try to explain to the person that it does not really matter who is better or worse. There is no better or worse. We all have different abilities and I think these abilities transcend 'type' to a certain degree.

Anyway, typing is a tool to help us understand the human psyche better. Once it starts to devolve into this is this and that is that like a bunch of kindergardeners - then it's time to scratch your head and ask yourself if you might not be seeing the real point of the whole thing.

*sigh* I love the fact that there are introverted people, sensing types, thinkers, and judgers just as much as I love people who are extraverted, intuitive, feelers and perceivers. Crap - we need everyone - or else these different types would not exist. Geez louise, when are people gonna get it?!?!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless View Post
    Um... well I don't really like it either how people get so categorical about the types, and the S/N dichotomy, but I don't see what you have against the thread by TLL? I thought it was necessary... BlueWing is not wrong, huh? Isn't he the most categorical of all (not to say that he seems to have misunderstood the T/F scale)?
    He certainly is, and I agree with you. I don't have to disagree with him though.

Categories aren't all incorrect.
    It's just that we have to move beyond the number-line he favors. Things are not on a simple continuum.

There's more disarray in the universe than he would like to admit.

A multi-pocket Venn diagram of typology would be ideal.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    If people want to start N v S threads or T v F threads to find out the 'differences' among the functions, fine. What gets my goat is people then applying value systems and saying one is 'better' than another.
    But they are better than one another in certain areas. It's unavoidable. If they weren't, they'd all be synonymous, and we'd all be XXXX.

However, type in any direction does not cause superior ability.

Most approach this backwards.
    It's that we type people based on their abilities and habits.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless View Post
    The choices are all very insulting to T types. There isn't any single choice than doesn't make Ts look ignorant or mean or scared of emotions or somthing very insulting. To me this suggests that a real diaglog is not desired. A better way to handle this would be an open ended question of why thinkers and feelers sometimes don't think highly of each others functions.

Instead it is mearly bashing thinkers for bashing feelers. And because some thinkers have given feelers a hard time, it is presumed that all thinkers have it in for feelers.