User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is more important?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Being intelligent.

14 58.33%
  • Being presumed intelligent as per N.

4 16.67%
  • Nocapszy is a troll. It's not fair of him to make us choose.

12 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Right... so instead, steal a word! Talk about intelligent acumen!

For what word? Intelligence or rationality? Let's not merge my clearly separate agendas.
    This coming from one of them.

Sure. It's possible. I don't disagree. Are you reading my post? I didn't say N > S, I said that it's worth considering that perhaps if you were born smart, you're more naturally inclined to develop intuitive tendencies. Intuition, being the result of, NOT CAUSE.
    the dictionary thing I looked up was a definition of 'intelligence'

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    ah, ok, yes it is. I am was thinking about becoming a iNTj myself
    Oh no, don't tell me THAT's becoming a fad again.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    the dictionary thing I looked up was a definition of 'intelligence'
    Ok. When I said logic before, I was talking about rationality.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Oh no, don't tell me THAT's becoming a fad again.
    haha, no worries, I cant change the weather [Not yet tho ]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

haha, no worries, I cant change the weather [Not yet tho ]
    besides, I already know how to change the weather. Fly a plane over a cloud while burning silver iodide crystals, then spew the smoke into the cloud. It'll make more ice crystals form in the cloud, and increase rainfall by 10-15%, or not at all. yeah, my hunch is cloud seeding doesn't work.

Or you can pour huge amounts of oil onto the ocean in front of a hurricane, and it will change the path and strength of the hurricane (but probably not in the way you wanted it to).

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Furthermore, I like discussions about logic, but I dont like the philosopher's tone.

"Most important. Without logic you cannot give structure to your judgments or clearly see what your judgments are about. What could be more important?"

You can without any problem give structure to a judgement without logic, by just doing it. that is what good dictators are made of.

The tone; I dont like it, it is an invitation to narrow-mindedness in my opinion.

----

And something more, in the beginning of the thread, I guess nocap said something BlueWing did not understand. That I wanted to correct.

It is "If A means B does that not mean not B means not A" That means, if A = B , does that not mean - A = - B and that is absolutly correct.

Evolves arround mathematical logic though
    If A mean B, not B does not mean not A.

A is the core of B. But it is not limited to B.

For example.

If I bought the tickets, then I went to the game.

I did not go to the game. Therefore I did not buy the tickets.

Not necessarily true, as there may have been other reasons for me to have boguht the tickets.

If it said I bought the tickets if and only if I went to the game, than yes, not B would mean not A. Because in this case A is restricted to interrelations only with B. In the primary example, it is not. This is the distinction between just 'if', and if and only if.

Dictators do use logic to give structure to their lectures. They win over the audience not by reasoning, but through an appeal to emotion. However, they would be well advised to structure their appeal to emotion as clearly as possible. That way they know what they are doing. This is what logical reasoning does. Informs us of the structure of our ideas. Inevitably, there is structure to all things, as they could be analyzed. But whether we are aware of that is not clear. For example, we can conceive someone having an emotional outburst, we could clearly pinpoint what has ignited their passions, what they said, and how the two interrelate. Their ignorance of that logical structure of the statements they have made does not preclude such a structure from existing.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post

For example.

Not necessarily true, as there may have been other reasons for me to have boguht the tickets.

If it said I bought the tickets if and only if I went to the game, than yes, not B would mean not A. Because in this case A is restricted to interrelations only with B. In the primary example, it is not. This is the distinction between just 'if', and if and only if.
    You are missing something here. It says A equals B that means, I bought tickets to go to a game. Other things would be A unequals B , or B is not part of A.

The formula stands, what you do is philosophy, what is nice but wasnt meant by the formula.

Dictators do use logic to give structure to their lectures. They win over the audience not by reasoning, but through an appeal to emotion. However, they would be well advised to structure their appeal to emotion as clearly as possible. That way they know what they are doing. This is what logical reasoning does. Informs us of the structure of our ideas. Inevitably, there is structure to all things, as they could be analyzed. But whether we are aware of that is not clear. For example, we can conceive someone having an emotional outburst, we could clearly pinpoint what has ignited their passions, what they said, and how the two interrelate. Their ignorance of that logical structure of the statements they have made does not preclude such a structure from existing.

Yea I know, you do not have to explain, we had a dictator once . What I wanted to say was more like, they do not need a logical cause to do their things, so logic cant be the fundamental thing to make a judgement at this point. But I am splitting hairs here, guess we both know what is meant.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

For example.

Your are exactly right! Demagogues use appeals to emotion!...depending on who's demonic function they're trying to brainwash.

Haven't you realized yet that every process from the inferior downward is emotional, not just feeling-attitudes?

MBTI
    INTP

Logic is what makes the difference between good judgment and bad judgment.
    Depends on the situation. If I was a hostage in a botched bank robbery I would rather the police negotiater was Fe dominant than Ti dominant to make the desicions.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ESFJ

What's MBTI?
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.