User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is more important?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Being intelligent.

14 58.33%
  • Being presumed intelligent as per N.

4 16.67%
  • Nocapszy is a troll. It's not fair of him to make us choose.

12 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 23456 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Also, there are too few people who voted for the third option. It was a trolling device. I guess the joke was lost on most.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Really? That sounds impossible, since one of the inherent components of rationality is logic. Logic is only a frequenter of judgement. Judgement being decision making, still allowing for F and T.
    I've posted the definitions from a dictionary at least twice. There is no absolute reference to logic in the definition of rationale, rational, or rationality. Most of the words lead to the definition of reason, and reason itself has only a few definitions that specifically refer to logic, while most of it's definitions are, as I said, simply Judgement.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I've posted the definitions from a dictionary at least twice. There is no absolute reference to logic in the definition of rationale, rational, or rationality. Most of the words lead to the definition of reason, and reason itself has only a few definitions that specifically refer to logic, while most of it's definitions are, as I said, simply Judgement.
    Logic is what makes the difference between good judgment and bad judgment.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Sniffles

Although I usually rant about how awful people NTs(especially INTJs) are, I often make clear that such statements are not to be taken too seriously. I can't stand it when NFs get overly sensitive about things. So there's shitty qualities in all of us - it's what makes humanity such a happy family.

I agree with the basic argument that these inter-type piss contests are rather absurd. They're certainly interesting to read sometimes to discuss differences between types, and of course vent about how such and such types piss you off often. But com'on people.

MBTI
    ENTP

(Having multiple intelligences means having multiple biases)(Everything is a bias... get over it)

No... body smart is a joke. Athletic is the proper term. Or perhaps flexible.. or whatever you prefer. There's intelligent, and athletic, and socialite, and artistic...
    Being people smart is a farce. All those other 'intelligences' have their own words of praise. Let the intellectuals keep what's rightfully theirs.

Tell me Gabe, what do you know of etymology?

The root of the word intelligence, is intel which fits in with intellect.

If we stretch the word too far, we may as well not have it, and then how do we describe intelligence? I'm asking about what it actually means... not what these new-age euphemist morons impose.

If you have an alternative, I suggest we call up Webster and the gang and change around the dictionaries. Let's go knock heads.
    The problem is, none of the other terms for the other 'intelligences' that you've mentioned have early as much cachet, and non of them capture the more sophisticated aspects of the respective talents they describe. So I wouldn't care if the definition of an 'intelligence' had to be changed.

And besides, dictionary.com definitions mention "logic" only once, so everything I just mentioned is pretty much a moot point. Talk about multiple intelligences is not 'euphemistic'; it's a perfectly appropriate use of a word.

And I can think of ways that each one of the 8 psychological types could become intellectuals through thier dominant function. And each of the types could be just as much of an intellectual. For example, I've always seen sociology as an _NFJ intellectualism.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Logic is what makes the difference between good judgment and bad judgment.
    That statement effectively amounts to saying "T rules, F sucks".

I will say that logic is required to make good judgement, but is not the only component of good judgement.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    That statement effectively amounts to saying "T rules, F sucks".

I will say that logic is required to make good judgement, but is not the only component of good judgement.
    Most important. Without logic you cannot give structure to your judgments or clearly see what your judgments are about. What could be more important?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    with that said, s's rule, n's drool, hell yeah brothas
    First post in this thread that makes sense.

Also, there are too few people who voted for the third option. It was a trolling device. I guess the joke was lost on most.
    Well, you should have made a fourth option labelled "duhhhhhhhhh..." and I totally would've voted for that one.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Most important. Without logic you cannot give structure to your judgments or clearly see what your judgments are about. What could be more important?
    Logic is certainly an important component, but the question remains is it really the most important? Honestly, I think(oh Im sorry, I meant feel) that logic's importance lies in playing a more secondary role.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    And I can think of ways that each one of the 8 psychological types could become intellectuals through thier dominant function. And each of the types could be just as much of an intellectual.
    This is generally the attitude I take. Too often people seem to confuse mere difference with somekind of inferiority. For example: NTs don't bash NFs necessarily because they're actually less intelligent, but rather because they're intelligent in a different way - and vice versa.

That's pretty much what many of these piss contests amount to (and yes they are piss contests).

For example, I've always seen sociology as an _NFJ intellectualism.
    I find that highly plausible, and would to some extent explain my own interest in the field.