User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is more important?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Being intelligent.

14 58.33%
  • Being presumed intelligent as per N.

4 16.67%
  • Nocapszy is a troll. It's not fair of him to make us choose.

12 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    And because some thinkers have given feelers a hard time, it is presumed that all thinkers have it in for feelers.
    I don't think this is so.

MBTI
    INTJ

I read it wrong. I didn't catch the word "some."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post

How about a brain teaser. Could being intuitive possibly be the result of rather than a cause of intelligence?
    That is to ask, is it likely, or probable if, contingent on intelligence, you'll develop intuitive functions, rather than sensate functions?

I think there is some truth to this In that to understand anything complex or difficult you will need to have some sort of ability to see the many connections and links. I think I read something about an autistic with an extremely vivid photographic memory who only understood anything as it related to it ( had no intuitive sense of money just remembered connections i.e big mac is 2.30). While the process he went through to arrive at conclusions was not inherently intuitive it seemed so externally because he had a ridiculous ability to see the whole picture and see every minute detail so he could quickly retrieve the relevant details without plodding through blindly. I think that is an extreme albeit relevant example of a highly "intelligent" S whose abilities and intelligence is contingent on the intuitive leaps he can make from his photographic memory.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah
    The choices are all very insulting to T types. There isn't any single choice than doesn't make Ts look ignorant or mean or scared of emotions or somthing very insulting. To me this suggests that a real diaglog is not desired. A better way to handle this would be an open ended question of why thinkers and feelers sometimes don't think highly of each others functions.

Instead it is mearly bashing thinkers for bashing feelers. And because some thinkers have given feelers a hard time, it is presumed that all thinkers have it in for feelers.
    I don't know if by your last post you changed your mind, but I still want to answer to this... or rather I just want to add one thing: TLL is actually T, so rather than being a thread where Fs can get together and bash Ts, it's a T asking the Fs, so I think it's very much a dialogue.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    If people want to start N v S threads or T v F threads to find out the 'differences' among the functions, fine.
    Exactly, isn't that the point of having these forums?

Still, the OP is right, people are taking these too personally.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless View Post
    I don't know if by your last post you changed your mind, but I still want to answer to this... or rather I just want to add one thing: TLL is actually T, so rather than being a thread where Fs can get together and bash Ts, it's a T asking the Fs, so I think it's very much a dialogue.
    I didn't even notice that.

I was retracting the part where I said it was a generalization about all thinkers, because the post does include the word some.

I am looking at the poll choices:

1. They are emotionally immature.
    2. They just don't understand how feelers make decisions.
    3. They confuse emotion with the MBTI definition of feeler.
    4. They have an irrational fear of empathy.
    5. They lack social skills.
    6. They're big meanies!
    7. Feelers are simply better at resolving conflict and dealing with their emotions
    8. Feelers demonize thinkers in private instead of openly.
    9. I'm a feeler and I think feelers suck too.

Some of the choices, like 2 and 3 are pretty neutral. However, 1, 4, 5, and 6 seem like insults to me. Part of it is word choice. For example, I don't have a problem saying an F would be more emotionally developed that me, but the phrase "emotionally immature" is insulting.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Who cares? What does intelligence get you anyway?

Personally, I think most if not all people are so far from maximizing their intelligence potential, that it's meaningless to assign a value. We can all do more, be better.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    What the fuck is going on here guys?

The recent flood of type related threads truly are an embarrassment. Starting with the retaliatory Why do thinkers hate F??????? to Bluewing's (who, by the way is not wrong) recent 'attacks': threads such as TLL's and this gem ending with all those wonderous "which type is most ____"

Cut it out.

Oh and those obsequious, pandering N vs. S threads...
    Lemme clue you guys in on something. Being intuitive is a fair indicator of elevated intelligence. It's not even a debate.
    There ARE dumb intuitives though, and there ARE smart sensors.

Ask grayscale. One of the more intelligent posters on the board passing up a good number of the intuitives. He's an S. I always commend him in situations like these. The hero of the Ss? Perhaps, but he's not alone.

It's possible to be smart, and be a sensor.

How about a brain teaser. Could being intuitive possibly be the result of rather than a cause of intelligence?
    That is to ask, is it likely, or probable if, contingent on intelligence, you'll develop intuitive functions, rather than sensate functions?

Call me a terrorist if you will. You won't be the first. The truth is terrifying, I agree with you.
    This doesn't change the fact that you're taking it too personally, if you're a sensor.

Let me post this question to you:

Which matters more?
    A) being intelligent
    B) being intuitive, and presumed intelligent

Choose in the poll.

If answer A has the higher number of votes, I'll know we're a pack of liars who's rhetoric conflicts their action.

You're all asking the wrong questions. It's no wonder Victor hates typology.
    Well... I do too.
    Point being, let's stop with the trolling and superficiality.

Chisel the stones, after you excavate them.
    A sculpture is no good if it's stuck in the ground. Imagine if da Vinci left his art in the earth.
    Do you need some laxatives? Because you sure are full of shit.

Bluewing is wrong.

If intelligence is defined in non type-discriminatory terms (in other words, valueing multiple intelligences)(any other definition of intelligence is biased bullshit), no type is "smarter" than any other type.

Your 'brain teaser' is idiotic and completely meaningless, since it still refers to a conventional definition of intelligence- you are preaching about asking new and better questions while you reassert the same old formulaic crap.

MBTI
    ENTP

And as for the TLL and such threads, I know they are full of false assumption, but I say the self-identifying T's have, overall, brought it upon themselves. They wanted to play the stereotypical "T=tough guy" type role, now they pay for it.

What dissapoints me is how those threads just as much as the BW threads continue to enforce misconceptions about type. We should stop assuming that people are they type they say they are. That's why the "mistyped memberz' thread was one of the best things that ever happened to this forum.

And I do feel bad for thinking types who never went along with this idiotic role-playing and yet are facing name calling from self-identified feeling types.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    Some of the choices, like 2 and 3 are pretty neutral. However, 1, 4, 5, and 6 seem like insults to me. Part of it is word choice. For example, I don't have a problem saying an F would be more emotionally developed that me, but the phrase "emotionally immature" is insulting.
    The purpose of the thread was to open a dialogue about why some people with a thinking preference seem to see "Thinking" as superior to "Feeling". Due to the nature of the topic I knew some would want to give thoughtful answers, some would mostly vent, and some would do both. I wanted to give people the freedom to reply in whatever way they wanted. For most of the "venting" options I worded them in a tongue-in-cheek way, i.e. "they're big meanies", heh. "Emotionally immature" wasn't meant to be tongue-in-cheek though. I used that phrase because I would consider a younger version of myself to be emotionally immature. It wasn't really meant to be an insult, but if you want to be insulted then you are more than free to feel that way.

Also I don't see why people make a big deal about certain threads existing. If you don't like it, then the simple solution is to avoid it. For example I think this thread was pretty pointless from the get go, so I was going to avoid posting in it. I changed my mind though since I figured I owed Ilah an explanation.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com