• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TV show recommendations for each MBTI type

baccheion

TV shows they selected as a favorite (on OkCupid) more frequently than other types. These aren't necessarily the shows liked by the highest percentage of a given type (which, for each type/gender combination, are consistently Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, House of Cards, and Arrested Development).

ENFJ

Females: Friday Night Lights, Happy Endings, Nurse Jackie, The Mindy Project, Scandal
Males: Penny Dreadful, The Colbert Report, Under the Dome, Entourage, Happy Endings

ENFP

Females: Sex and the City, Broad City, The Tudors, Freaks and Geeks, Lost Girl
Males: The Replacements, Trailer Park Boys, Samurai Champloo, Community

ENTJ

Females: Shark Tank, The West Wing, Silicon Valley, House of Cards, True Detective
Males: Entourage, House of Cards, The Wire, Suits, The Sopranos

ENTP

Females: NOVA, Merlin, Star Trek: TNG, Deadwood, Mad Men
Males: Real Time With Bill Maher, Planet Earth, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Californication, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

ESFJ

Females: The Voice, Project Runway, How I Met Your Mother, Friday Night Lights, Downton Abbey
Males: Naruto, The Blacklist, Regular Show, Glee, Boardwalk Empire

ESFP

Females: Arrested Development, Revenge, Saturday Night Live, Vampire Diaries, Curb Your Enthusiasm
Males: American Dad!, Arrow, Burn Notice, Workaholics, Family Guy

ESTJ

Females: The Following, West Wing, Mad Men, Glee, House of Cards
Males: Person of Interest, White Collar, Family Guy, The League, Boardwalk Empire

ESTP

Females: Grey's Anatomy, Law & Order: SVU, House of Cards, Archer, How I Met Your Mother
Males: Eastbound & Down, The League, Californication, The Walking Dead, Dexter

INFJ

Females: Lost Girl, The X-Files, Roseanne, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dollhouse
Males: FLCL, Deadwood, Battlestar Galactica, Frasier, The Colbert Report

INFP

Females: The Twilight Zone, The Black Adder, Twin Peaks, The Mighty Boosh, Broad City
Males: Battlestar Galactica, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Deadwood, Under the Dome, Monty Python's Flying Circus

INTJ

Females: Hannibal, Elementary, The Black Adder, Orphan Black, The Twilight Zone
Males: Farscape, Stargate, MythBusters, Death Note, Battlestar Galactica

INTP

Females: The X-Files, Sherlock, Star Trek, Death Note, The Borgias, Hannibal
Males: Babylon 5, FLCL, Farscape, Cowboy Bebop, Beyond The Wormhole

ISFJ

Females: I Love Lucy, NCIS, Pushing Daisies, Hemlock Grove, The Office
Males: Pawn Stars, The Wonder Years, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Robot Chicken, Metalocalypse

ISFP

Females: RuPaul's Drag Race, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Mighty Boosh, Misfits, Portlandia
Males: Heroes, The Simpsons, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Regular Show, Seinfeld

ISTJ

Females: Law & Order, Scandal, Parenthood, NCIS, Once Upon a Time
Males: 24, The Simpsons, Top Gear, Continuum, The Dresden Files

ISTP

Females: Supernatural, Hannibal, Sherlock, Bones, Orphan Black
Males: Archer, Key and Peele, The Boondocks, Cowboy Bebop, The Dresden Files

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why should females and males of the various types prefer different TV entertainment?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why should females and males of the various types prefer different TV entertainment?
Because obviously females are sensitive flowers who shouldn't be exposed to grittier subject matter, for fear of fainting or getting the vapors.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't even heard of half of these but of those listed I like Battlestar Galactica, Mad Men, Sex in the City, Arrested Development, Seinfeld, the Office, the Daily Show, Farscape, Sherlock, House of Cards, and Twin Peaks

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I must be an ENTP male! :holy:

why has everyone been keeping this a secret from me for so long? :boohoo:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You really don't hold ISFJ males in high intellectual esteem

These sort of lists are stupid. Anecdotal, but I know or have known people of many types who defy many stereotypes implied by this thread. My ESFJ father watches Ted Talks on netflix.

rmrf

A much more interesting idea could have been "shows that only this type will like". If you have Judge Judy on your planner, then 100.000% STJ

baccheion

I didn't select the shows I thought they would like, this list is based entirely on what people who stated their type (10s of thousands of them) wrote in as their favorite TV shows. The only adjustment was to select shows that are selected an unusually high amount by a certain type, rather than the shows selected by the highest percentage of a certain type. That is, for example, Death Note was selected by a higher percentage of INTP females than people of other types, so it's on the list.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
So Elementary over Sherlock, huh? :thelook:

I do watch the Twilight Zone but I like the shows listed under ISFP males, ISTP males, and ESFJ males the most.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I had a bad feeling about Under the Dome since day one, and not surprisingly it coincides with my nemesis type, the ENFJ. I always felt that show is almost entirely about how people feel about their place in society and nothing else.

raissaroars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since I adore talking about myself! From those, I like:
Scandal, Penny Dreadful, Broad City, House of Cards, How I Met Your Mother, Regular Show, Dexter, The Twilight Zone, Twin Peaks, Hannibal, Sherlock, The Office, Portlandia, Seinfeld.

Where's Parks and Rec? Bob's Burgers?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is so stupid and sexist, I'm appalled.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Because obviously females are sensitive flowers who shouldn't be exposed to grittier subject matter, for fear of fainting or getting the vapors.

According to this list I'm male. Whether I'm ENFJ, ENTP or ESFP has yet to be determined.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
For other ISTJs:

1) The Goldbergs (I think ESFJs will also enjoy this.)
2) In Treatment

Virgo1987

MBTI Type
Infp

I legit was going to ask the same thing.

How come INFJ's get The X-Files? I LOVE The X-Files!

I don't watch anything that's under INFP... for female or male.

Wow. This is sad.