• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Am I going insane?

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey TypoC users,

I am having a dilemma at the moment.

Frequently, I have been typed ESTP and ESFP, but a few things don't seem to line up:

♣ I have discovered that I resonate an awful lot to the ENFJ/ESTP Fe-Se loop. Infact, I am certain that I am stuck in one at the moment [after much research and speculation], and have been stuck in one for the past few months. I also resonate a lot with BOTH types, their functions and how they both act in the loop. The manipulation, the impulsiveness, the sexual activity, the whole risk-taking bravado. I can't figure out if my Auxiliary is Ni or Ti, and what I need to do find out.

♣ My enneagram type also. Type 8 isn't usually the first enneagram type to be associated with both types. In ESTPs, it's either 3 or 7, and in ENFJs, either 2 or 9. Although 8 is more commonly associated with ESTPs than ENFJs (but ExTJs the most), it's still very possible for an ENFJ to be a type 8, thus changing all perceptions and motivations of that person. I know that a type 8 of a given MBTI type is going to act VERY differently than a 3w4, 5w6 or even at times a 7w8.

♣ The fact that I have been typed many different types, and they have all been inconsistent. I have came across as my different types before, and none of them have stuck. Fe is known as being the chameleon function, and I wonder if that may have something to do with the constant changing of types. Fe adopts a lot to the people around them, and how they act, their ethics etc. It can be even more inclined to adaptation than Se is. And, I tend to be a good actor also.

♣ The fact that no-one takes into account every single point and usage of every single function, enneagram type, instinct and loops/inferior grip. That can make such a difference to each person within each type. Someone who is stuck in an Inferior Ti/Ni grip is going to come across as being cold, unbalanced and critical, or unusually prophetic, stressed about the future constantly etc. Same with a Tertiary loop. That can make one person from type look very like another type e.g Se-Te loopers can look like ESTP, or Te-Ne can look like ENTJs etc.

Taking all these points on board.. am I crazy, misinformed, mistyped or a combination of both? What do you guys think?

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
Well, it's hard to spot auxiliary function in this case, as it's introverted.

Why do you think you relate to:
a) Ti
b) Ni

That's a start.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
The thread title reminded me of this:

Because you basically talked in circles and didn't go anywhere of substance with that post, I'm going to go with you're crazy.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, it's hard to spot auxiliary function in this case, as it's introverted.

Why do you think you relate to:
a) Ti
b) Ni

That's a start.

A) I can be logical at times. Things that make sense logically to me, are deemed logical. I can be reasonable. I can sceptical. I can break a system.

B) I can plan things well. I can predict things with great accuracy out of thin air on the first go, I can filter things down to one idea in my mind, and make a symbolic interpretation of it. I understand the future a bit, and I am good at predicting things based on present trends.

The thread title reminded me of this:

Because you basically talked in circles and didn't go anywhere of substance with that post, I'm going to go with you're crazy.

I am? I love that song. It's basically gonna be me at 40, you know? Only 20 more years to go 'til I start going downhill.

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
Dario Nardi is looking at how personality types show up on EEG (electroencephalogram), the thing where they touch wires against the outside of your head and detect the electromagnetic fields coming from various areas. He has observed that as people mature, they start to resemble their socionic activators or 'near opposites,' as he called them. If you are an ESTP, your socionic activator is ENFJ. If you don't know socionics, an 'activator' means somebody who gets along very well with your type (the next best thing to the 'dual' relation). Basically, you instinctively value the things that the ENFJ is able to do, and you're developing the ability to do those things yourself. It is actually normal and something that happens as people mature.

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
How do you even make bullet points that look like spades? Seriously.

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
Oh yeah, warning, if you read anything written by Dario Nardi, he DOES use the j/p switch for introverts, so a J is actually a perceiver, and a P is actually a judger in introverts. This messes up the whole universe, of course, but nobody will stop doing it. And so an INFP, your socionic dual, will actually be an INFJ, your socionic conflictor. Very bad. I haven't seen any brain scans of the so-called INF"J" yet, which will actually be an INFP. Oh yeah and I realized those things are clubs, not spades. Or maybe I need to google what clubs and spades look like.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh yeah and I realized those things are clubs, not spades. Or maybe I need to google what clubs and spades look like.

ALT + 5 should work if you're on Windows and have a number pad. Spades would be ALT + 6.

♣ Now we can be fancy together ♠

Sunny Ghost

Try introverting more to break out of your loop. Your focus is too outside of yourself.

Read, meditate, take some alone time to ponder. Maybe it'll be easier to figure out Ni vs Ti at that point.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Oh yeah, warning, if you read anything written by Dario Nardi, he DOES use the j/p switch for introverts, so a J is actually a perceiver, and a P is actually a judger in introverts. This messes up the whole universe, of course, but nobody will stop doing it. And so an INFP, your socionic dual, will actually be an INFJ, your socionic conflictor. Very bad. I haven't seen any brain scans of the so-called INF"J" yet, which will actually be an INFP. Oh yeah and I realized those things are clubs, not spades. Or maybe I need to google what clubs and spades look like.

I want a scan by Dardo Dindus. Where does I sign?

Narda Radoos...Derio Nindas....Nario Dardi...Diddly Narindass....Radio Randi. His name is so fun, I want him to scan me while I make fun with it.....would make me happy.

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
ALT + 5 should work if you're on Windows and have a number pad. Spades would be ALT + 6.

♣ Now we can be fancy together ♠

Ooh, nope, no number pad. I've got a Dell netbook. However, there might be something in the character thingy, whatever that's called. But I guess I'll have to skip it. Character map?

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
I want a scan by Dardo Dindus. Where does I sign?

Narda Radoos...Derio Nindas....Nario Dardi...Diddly Narindass....Radio Randi. His name is so fun, I want him to scan me while I make fun with it.....would make me happy.

He does have a cool name, I think he came from the Caribbean if I recall, maybe that's why. I think he's somewhere in California, so you'd have to be out there to get brain-scanned. He actually puts a big helmet thing on your head and then makes you do some tasks and challenges.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
We're all a little insane. Especially people on internet forums. You seem confused but coherent. I think you're alright. :)

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry it took so long ... :D

Dario Nardi is looking at how personality types show up on EEG (electroencephalogram), the thing where they touch wires against the outside of your head and detect the electromagnetic fields coming from various areas. He has observed that as people mature, they start to resemble their socionic activators or 'near opposites,' as he called them. If you are an ESTP, your socionic activator is ENFJ. If you don't know socionics, an 'activator' means somebody who gets along very well with your type (the next best thing to the 'dual' relation). Basically, you instinctively value the things that the ENFJ is able to do, and you're developing the ability to do those things yourself. It is actually normal and something that happens as people mature.

An activator? Never heard of that concept before. I think I'll look into EEG, and learn how ESTPs activate ENFJs, and vice-versa and see which one I resonate with better. I am a little familiar with Socionics, and according to that, I am an Extroverted Beta. So, basically ENFJs/ ESTPs can value/do what each other does, and can have the ability to do those things as you mature?

Try introverting more to break out of your loop. Your focus is too outside of yourself.

Read, meditate, take some alone time to ponder. Maybe it'll be easier to figure out Ni vs Ti at that point.

Hm, yeah.

What things should I read? What thoughts should I think? Any suggestions.

We're all a little insane. Especially people on internet forums. You seem confused but coherent. I think you're alright. :)

True, lol. You also :)

Sunny Ghost

[MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION]

Idk man. Follow your inner voice. What have you been wanting to do? Draw? Paint? Learn about religion or philosophy? Try picking up a book on meditation. Try and sit down and write about why you think you have difficulty tapping into your self.

Coconut_Meat

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Hey TypoC users,

I am having a dilemma at the moment.

Frequently, I have been typed ESTP and ESFP, but a few things don't seem to line up:

♣ I have discovered that I resonate an awful lot to the ENFJ/ESTP Fe-Se loop. Infact, I am certain that I am stuck in one at the moment [after much research and speculation], and have been stuck in one for the past few months. I also resonate a lot with BOTH types, their functions and how they both act in the loop. The manipulation, the impulsiveness, the sexual activity, the whole risk-taking bravado. I can't figure out if my Auxiliary is Ni or Ti, and what I need to do find out.

♣ My enneagram type also. Type 8 isn't usually the first enneagram type to be associated with both types. In ESTPs, it's either 3 or 7, and in ENFJs, either 2 or 9. Although 8 is more commonly associated with ESTPs than ENFJs (but ExTJs the most), it's still very possible for an ENFJ to be a type 8, thus changing all perceptions and motivations of that person. I know that a type 8 of a given MBTI type is going to act VERY differently than a 3w4, 5w6 or even at times a 7w8.

♣ The fact that I have been typed many different types, and they have all been inconsistent. I have came across as my different types before, and none of them have stuck. Fe is known as being the chameleon function, and I wonder if that may have something to do with the constant changing of types. Fe adopts a lot to the people around them, and how they act, their ethics etc. It can be even more inclined to adaptation than Se is. And, I tend to be a good actor also.

♣ The fact that no-one takes into account every single point and usage of every single function, enneagram type, instinct and loops/inferior grip. That can make such a difference to each person within each type. Someone who is stuck in an Inferior Ti/Ni grip is going to come across as being cold, unbalanced and critical, or unusually prophetic, stressed about the future constantly etc. Same with a Tertiary loop. That can make one person from type look very like another type e.g Se-Te loopers can look like ESTP, or Te-Ne can look like ENTJs etc.

Taking all these points on board.. am I crazy, misinformed, mistyped or a combination of both? What do you guys think?

-Even though this is unlikely, for all we know you could be in your shadow projecting Se in the Opposing Complex.
-You can be any MBTI type and Enneagram type. Sure there is a correlation between MBTI and Enneagram types, but it isn't written in stone.
-This is a huge problem with the MBTI. When in doubt go to the 8 function model.
-You've never met anybody with Ne-Ti (INTP or ENTP). Our primary mode is possibilities and analysis. We're definitely insane or at least operating in organized chaos mode.

I think you need to take a step back and focus on something else for a few weeks.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
-Even though this is unlikely, for all we know you could be in your shadow projecting Se in the Opposing Complex.
-You can be any MBTI type and Enneagram type. Sure there is a correlation between MBTI and Enneagram types, but it isn't written in stone.
-This is a huge problem with the MBTI. When in doubt go to the 8 function model.
-You've never met anybody with Ne-Ti (INTP or ENTP). Our primary mode is possibilities and analysis. We're definitely insane or at least operating in organized chaos mode.

I think you need to take a step back and focus on something else for a few weeks.

Se in opposing posistion? Do you mean the 5th, or 8th posistion? If you mean 5th, then ISxJ, if last, then ENxP. I think that is incredibly unlikely, as I don't resonate with the functional order of either type. I don't use Si, Ne, Te or Fi that much in comparison to the other functions. Both seem a complete contrast to what I am used to (ISxJ and ENxP).

I know. People seem to take an enneagram 8 as being ExTx in stone, same for a 2 being an Fe-Dom. There are some exceptions to the rule, and they usually make good exceptions, because they can put their motives to use.

The Beebes model? I've never actually tried to use it, tbh.

xNTPs are basically probability/random number machines? Is that why you guys are so good at Math? >:)