• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you like what type you are?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Do you ever wish you were a different type? Some people have had trouble accepting their true type. Are (or were you) one of them? Discuss your thoughts/stories.

cameo

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I love being an ISTJ! It has taken me some research and digging to come to terms with it because I used to occasionally type as an INTJ and there's a huge internet bias in favor of INTJs over ISTJs, so I was unhappy that it seemed like I didn't "have what it took" to be the "better" type. Of course, by now I realize that feeling that way is totally silly and that it's just unfortunate that ISTJs have such a bad reputation, particularly in online MBTI communities.

That said, I am convinced, and it has been sort of acknowledged, that there are a lot of mistyped INTJs out there, and I am of the opinion that if ISTJs had a less terrible reputation that it might help alleviate that problem. But alas...

Chrysanthea

I feel as if I'd be much more happy fitting into society and actively engaging with the world if I weren't an INTP. That being said... I'd wanna be an ENFP. I am not that fond of my own type. >.>

Last edited:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
If I take type at it's face it informs what I am, so I can say I dislike it as I dislike myself.

But I don't think that's the full story, or else all types of myself would be the same. I'm given a lense to experience and understand the world, doesn't mean I use it the same as someone with the same lense.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aside from the maddening perfectionism and frequent inability to express what I'm feeling, yeah, I like being an INTJ.

I've even stopped trying to overcome the negative stigma about INTJs being evil puppetmasters. Who cares what anyone else thinks, anyway?

Destiny

A wannabe dog
I have no idea which mbti type I am other than the fact that I'm an ambivert. :whistling:

But yeah, I supposed I would like my type, whichever Ixxx or Exxx type I am. :D :randy::static::drummerboy::wizfreak:

Kas

Fabula rasa
I don't know whether I like it or not. Types are just generalisation of our personality, aren't they? I like (mostly) others INFPs I know, so I guess yes.

It would be nice to know what it is like to think and feel like other types though. Like one day being one type and seeing the world as they see it. Kind of Personality Freaky Friday :laugh: We would understand better each other.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I have no idea which mbti type I am other than the fact that I'm an ambivert. :whistling:

But yeah, I supposed I would like my type, whichever Ixxx or Exxx type I am. :D :randy::static::drummerboy::wizfreak:

Another ambivert! :)

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
Well I was typed INTP by an mbti practitioner, so I'm going with that one in this answer. If asked whether I liked the profile of an INTP I'd say that I do, and I wouldn't mind being one. Would it be my ideal type...I'm not sure.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
There are times I feel like I could be an ISTJ but I'm not sure. I'm more sure that I'm an INTJ with some developed sensory-y tenancies and I'm good with that. I'm happy being me and I don't care how INTJ's are seen.

Duffy

I am somewhat reluctant to identify with my type so I suppose there's some dislike.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have issues nailing down a type, so I am just going to say that, for now I am happy just exploring my personality in whatever ways that I can.

Si-Ne, Ne-Si... I guess we will see, or not. But I refuse to play to type in order to do so, become blinded by an ideal or image.

Que sera, sera.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like who I am, therefore of course I like my type! :smile:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Basically an ENFP with the drive to actually experience the things I daydream about? Hell yes. :devil:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. It's not like it's an accomplishment, and I rarely derive any joy from group identities.

I don't dislike it either.