2 11.11%
  • INTP or INTJ; Other

1 5.56%
123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Default INTJ & INTP & Psychological Types

If you're sure of your MBTI type as INTJ or INTP, which of Jung's types are you? Here are the general descriptions of the types in Psychological Types: Classics in the History of Psychology -- Jung (1921/1923) Chapter 10

I hypothesize the great majority of us will be Introverted Thinking or Introverted Intuiting, so those will be the poll options. Please don't vote based on your assumed dominant function, only on Jung's description!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

That's a whole hell of a lot to read..

I may have to alter my answer once I've read the rest but I'm so printing that lot for later reference..

Thanks Jack.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I figured you'd be the first to dive into Psychological Types.

Of course I wouldn't expect anyone to read that just for a poll, no, it's something that should be read by anyone interested in the history of MBTI or psychology at all.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I figured you'd be the first to dive into Psychological Types.

Of course I wouldn't expect anyone to read that just for a poll, no, it's something that should be read by anyone interested in the history of MBTI or psychology at all.
    You know I hate being predictable right?

I'm always interested in new looks at the types. I don't always agree but I tend to agree with the older stuff.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

I'd vote if I could wrap my mind around Jung's descriptions. Waaay too Ti for me.

MBTI
    INTJ

So far Ni seems to be most like me, from what I can understand. I think I get may 70%-80%.

I will vote officially after I have read the whole thing just in case I identify stronger with something I haven't read yet. I read the whole introvert section and the first part of the extrovert section that talks about extroverts in general.

I notice that introvert and extrovert are presented a lot differently here than they usually are. It isn't just how social you are, it is the whole way you view the world and make decisions. I indentify pretty strongly with his general descritiption for introverts. Reading the extrovert decription I get a strong sense of "not at all like me."

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Hell, Extraverted Thinking was hitting pretty close to home for me. Note that Jung says these are stereotypes, extremes.

MBTI
    INTJ

I finally finished reading all the types. Introverted intuitive is still the one most like me.

It was very interesting to ponder what my auxilary type would be according to those descripions. Introverted thinking seemed to be my next highest. In fact, I identified most strongly with the introverted function in all the traits, contrary to MBTI which has i and e functions alternating.

I don't see anything in the auxilary fuction section that says if your dominante is introverted your secondary has to be extroverted (or visa versa). I have to admit I didn't understand 100% of what he wrote so maybe that was in there and I didn't catch it. Was that something that was added later by other people, or is that in another part of Jung's writing?

Ilah

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    I don't see anything in the auxilary fuction section that says if your dominante is introverted your secondary has to be extroverted (or visa versa). I have to admit I didn't understand 100% of what he wrote so maybe that was in there and I didn't catch it. Was that something that was added later by other people, or is that in another part of Jung's writing?

Ilah
    If I'm Not Mistaken, secondary and tertiary and all that jazz has been extrapolated from his work by others. I don't know why they did, but oh well.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    If I'm Not Mistaken, secondary and tertiary and all that jazz has been extrapolated from his work by others. I don't know why they did, but oh well.
    He did have a small section on auxilary. He thinks if your dominant is a percieving function, your dominant has to be a judging and visa versa.

If Ni is dominant my secondary can be Ti, Te, Fi or Fe but not Ne, Si or Se. This would work out to 32 types, not the standard 16.

Ilah