• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Extroversion confusion

SwimmerGal97

I'm a little confused as to whether I'm an introvert and extrovert. This function is to do with how you get your energy. I hate public speaking (but so does lots of people, including extroverts) and I love my alone time as in physically being alone. But not cut off. Using text/email/Facebook messenger over face to face communication is an introverted thing but I have to talk to to at least three people at once about anything and everything way into the wee hours of the morning, sometimes as a conversation, sometimes as a sounding board so I throw my stream of consciousness at people just to get it out because its so much easier to arrange thoughts once they're outside your head and when decision making, I like to talk options through with as many people as possible. I think out loud in class too which is extroverted. But my overall confusion is, I love talking and communicating but messenger is my favourite way of doing it. Does that make me more introverted or extroverted?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I prefer talking face to face over messengers and im an introvert, so i dont think its an I/E thing(maybe more introverts prefers messenger and more extraverts prefer face to face, but its not some 100% correlation). Thinking out loud does sound more of an E thing tho.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Perhaps think about it in terms of whether your judgement function is dominant over your main perception function.