First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Oh yes, I forgot - Jeffster gave me my type, ESFP, however I am open to further suggestions.

What type do you think I am?
    I read you origionally as an INTJ and have been trying to read you as such ever since but I'm finding that it doesn't really fit.

I'm considering INTP, probably NT from what I've seen (that maybe a style you adopt, I'm not sure)... I don't really know you well enough.

The things you said to Ilah made me think INTP but I'm usually worse at reading people's type's in these situations... I'd be terrible if you were an INTP because I'd read that as me... you try finding one like me!!!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    Didn't mean for this to get so long but our members really are a bunch of people, worldwide, who want others to get along. We dont' publish the MBTI or any other instrument.
    I thought he was taking the piss actually :eek:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Well, keep in mind that Briggs had actually published articles on HER theories about human differences before Jung was published in English. two people in different countries simultaneously derived teh same theory.
    That does not necessarily follow. I'm sure that Jung's work spread to other countries before the translated texts did. Word of mouth is faster than the hand
    With the biases against women inherent in the times (and still today, sigh) they became students of Jung's work. Briggs and Myers were Quakers and honestly thought if they could make the theory accessible they could help people get along, bring about world peace. They started working on the instrument during WWII...
    :eek: All this time I've been thinking about hippies theories!!!

Arrrrgggghhh!!!!

Well I guess I can forgive them. They do make nice porridge.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

The article doesn't reflect the nomenclature of Jungian type theory as coded by Myers. For example it says,
    "One "Introverted Intuitive with Thinking" takes MBTI and comes out an INTP, another "Introverted Intuitive with Thinking" comes out an INTJ. This introverted complexity is not limited to these two types. All other introvert types too are affected by it. But what interesting is that extrovert types are affected by it as well, but not as badly as introvert types."

Actually someone following Myers' work would say that an INTP prefers Introverted Thinking with Intuition. Jung described this separately from Introverted Thinking with Intuition. The dominant is inherent in the code because that's how the codes were set up. It IS confusing if you haven't studied the nomenclature which is why people are supposed to take a class before interpreting actual MBTI results for other people...but it isn't that hard to understand once it's been pointed out that J/P points to the function used in the external world which, by definition, is the auxiliary for I's. We keep our best side inside unless we want to share...
    I don't know if you're explaining to me or the whole board, but I'm quite familiar with the terminology and the meanings, and have decided it's silly.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I don't know if you're explaining to me or the whole board, but I'm quite familiar with the terminology and the meanings, and have decided it's silly.
    Not to you at all...I was reacting to the article you sent us to. You know, decades ago when Katherine and Isabel added J/P I have a feeling they pictured people only being introduced to the theory through expert instruction. They certainly would be struck dumb by how much is on the internet.

I agree the J/P thing is confusing; my husband says, "What do you mean they call two different things "Judging?" And I have to teach it to people all the time if they're going to use the stuff correctly...silly is probably a good description.
    edcoaching

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I read you origionally as an INTJ and have been trying to read you as such ever since but I'm finding that it doesn't really fit.

I'm considering INTP, probably NT from what I've seen (that maybe a style you adopt, I'm not sure)... I don't really know you well enough.

The things you said to Ilah made me think INTP but I'm usually worse at reading people's type's in these situations... I'd be terrible if you were an INTP because I'd read that as me... you try finding one like me!!!
    OK, OK mate, I am now an INTP.

And I can't be all bad if I am like you.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

OK, OK mate, I am now an INTP.

And I can't be all bad if I am like you.
    Actually I think you're INTJ because you favor Ni. My God, I crack myself up. (If you don't get this: it's not an insult)

Just FYI Association for Psychological Type International is a membership organization run by volunteers, including me. Our members use MBTI, Golden, PTI, JTI, Kiersey, INteraction Styles, DISC--you name it. Our mission is promoting the practical application and ethical use of type. I get as upset as Victor when it's used to label, demean, or box in people.

Didn't mean for this to get so long but our members really are a bunch of people, worldwide, who want others to get along. We dont' publish the MBTI or any other instrument.
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Actually I think you're INTJ because you favor Ni. My God, I crack myself up. (If you don't get this: it's not an insult)
    I am rather judgemental, in fact I can be rather unkind.

However I don't know what Ni means.

Will you tell me?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I am rather judgemental, in fact I can be rather unkind.

However I don't know what Ni means.

Will you tell me?
    It was just a joke. Over the course of this thread I decided that observing use of Functions like Ni (or Introverted Intuition) is not a worthy method to describe people. The joke is: instantly contradicting myself.

On a serious note, if I had to guess a type for you it would be INFJ. I am by no means confident of this.