• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types and Revenge

Sesshoumaru

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't believe in vengeful acts in the main - the worst revenge I seek is justice or to feel pity for a person who does unspeakable acts.

Think about it - how many people would prefer someone to take active revenge because it makes you feel superior and, to some extent justified the act that someone has sought revenge for. Then think again - how many people like to feel pitied - how does someone's else's pity of you make you feel (not self-pity)?

Agreed! That's why I do it, to bring balance to the area, not to feel superior, because there's no such thing as that, it would be as stupid as talking about right or wrong (concepts that don't really exist in matters of chaos) or as dumb as a "god" balance and chaos are the only real consistent concepts that rule the universe besides the known laws of physics or the chemistry...

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
All I gotta say is dont F*ck with restaurant staff EVER. I used work at my moms restaurant (when i was a teenager), if anyone messed with her, their food would be F*cked, I would dip tongs in the toilet...pick up random stuff off the ground and mix it with their teriyaki...lol. How mean of me, I know.

bethdeth

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
INTJs could be susceptible to revenge because they have a tertiary Fi function.

Coupled with Introverted Intuition's inclination for deep fantasy and Extraverted Thinking's need for control, I think this combination provides a very cold and calculating brand of revenge. INTJs have a reasonably underdeveloped Fi function, which can create a passionate hate under this sort of stress, followed by an unpredictable and violent "lashing out" Se function if stress continues.

INFJs, however, are much less vengeful, since their auxiliary Fe is very compassionate and isn't really inclined to hate. Their Ni function will be inclined to fantasize about it, but Fe has a desire to be compassionate. Hence, they are much less likely to act out on revenge.

And in the case of ISTJs and INTJs, despite being only one function difference, I think the ISTJ would be much less likely to seek a passionate revenge. They would probably use their Si to see how they dealt with angry conflicts in the past. ISTJs are probably quite stable when it comes to revenge.

The thing about the INTJ, though, is that their auxiliary Te is probably less concerned with morality and more with control. The INTJ's moral sense (Fi) is generally weak and advocates itself in a more primitive, emotionally-driven fashion. Coupled with developed mind for innovation could make INTJ's vengeful side most sadistic.

I am not sure about the INTJ revenge bizzo you have set out here. Primitive? I Would hardly think so. I am an enneagram 9w1 for a start but still...that explanation seems messed up.

An INTJ controls yes I agree, and they control emotions to a large degree too (there is a great deal of info on this in other forums). If there is a moron who insists on staying in an INTJs face for a very long time (I mean continual, over months perhaps) they may get the "lashing out" but it is not vengeance....it's cartharsis.

As for the use of the word primitive to describe an INTJ...ummmmm...LOL. The defenses if an INTJ will immediately go into overdrive. Then the face and actions betray nothing and they will probably go into introverted mode to figure out what happened. The defences stay up and they will usually simply try to ignore. If this is not possible they will strategise a downfall which relies heavily on the other persons actions (because to us people are generally predictable) if the person falls into their own trap well....they brought it upon themselves. If they don't then they give a nice surprise that they weren't as bad as initially thought win/win.

The ultimate revenge for an INTJ is simply eradicating all memory an ties to that person (as if they didn't exist) and walking away. It's an untenable situation, computer says no. They may have bitter memories about it but they analyse so they may not make the mistake in the future....they may never forgive either if it gets to that stage.

As an aside INFJs I have known are more likely to be the ones seeking revenge by plotting emotionally and in a passive aggressive manner to evoke responses only to be shocked at the aftermath.