User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INXX

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post

INFJs, however, are much less vengeful, since their auxiliary Fe is very compassionate and isn't really inclined to hate. Their Ni function will be inclined to fantasize about it, but Fe has a desire to be compassionate. Hence, they are much less likely to act out on revenge.
    This is true, at least as far as 'traditional' vengeance is concerned, but I've known an INFJ or two to take out their grudges in a much more passive-aggressive way. Case one would involve an INFJ guy I know who, when his advances for a girl he was interested were brusquely pushed aside, would take his 'revenge' in a very subtle way whenever in her presence by making personal remarks disguised as a general comment. The nature of the insults were so general and relevant to the conversation at hand that apparently only she and those who really knew what was going on would understand they were directed at her. I suppose that's what happens when you combine a bruised ego with Ni and Fe.

Case 2 involves pretty much the same thing, but more in the form of sulking and pouting from an INFJ woman which has lasted years since I inadvertently hurt her feelings all that time ago. We remained friends since, but things have never been the same between us. For the longest time I could never quite understand why, but she was (in my mind) irrationally prone to siding against me whenever the chance arose despite our having made up. Although she never took any kind of vengeance in the truest sense of the word, she definitely held a grudge. I guess this is Fe compassion winning out, but still. I just wish she could have gotten over it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

Well, I am an INTP, and I really think of revenge as a way to balance things, the whole universe is based in balance, so why not be part of the balance? Obviously, I won't do more than what I received, but I'll do the same amount of harm that I got, evaluating it with my inner logic principles... I will even try to exact "fair revenge" by doing the same thing I received and in the same time I received it... However, if that person doesn't suffer from it, I'll change it so that they realize that hurting me was wrong, because I avoid all unnecessary conflict (the revenge I don't see unnecessary)
    "Please don't have children, overpopulation is the real fuss of this world"-Composed by me...
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/20/205551.png

I knew an INFJ who used to do some pretty nasty shit to people who she had perceived had wronged her. Nothing violent, just nasty.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The best revenge is to succeed, to prove yourself right.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i have awesome visions of revenge when i'm steaming angry, and can say a lot of bitchy asshattery when steaming angry, but that state doesn't usually last much longer than half an hour, lol. so i don't really do revenge.

from a logical standpoint it doesn't really seem like it gets me much anywhere, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I agree with this. IMO, the aspect of revenge that is rational punishment for bad behavior is being neglected in most of this thread.
    so you're saying it makes sense to punish someone because they did something you personally don't approve of? to an extent, i get it, but if we all did that, i don't know how well society would function. i guess if it was something i was REALLY against i'd agree. but i think we have to compromise and not do this all the time if we want to have a somewhat-peaceful social environment.

i prefer lack of positive reinforcement over punishment. it's more subtle, more effective, and unlikely to cause widespread negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    Yeah, I was about to say... I would imagine they would be the last type to illicit that type of reaction. INFJs are ice cream, teddy bears and daises.
    NFJ determinedness when angry scares me

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    The best revenge is to succeed, to prove yourself right.
    agree

I like to give people a taste of their own medicine, muahahahaaa .
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

As a kid, I was very much for revenge. Even if things happened accidentally. I had to (in my mind) serve justice . I could convince people, who'd accidentally hurt me in some way, to let me hurt them back in the same way. This was in kindergarten.

Nowadays, I'm like "meh". As long as I know what's right and wrong, I don't really care about you. But it depends. If it's worth it, if there a point to be made, I'll still "revenge" in some way. Teach them something.

I can be more hellbent if someone has hurt someone I care about, then I'm like "oh, it is on". But maybe that's more like defending someone, rather than revenge.

In either case, I still enjoy the plotting.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

ESTPs - We are the best friends anyone can EVER have, but God help anyone who fucks us over, they will pay dearly.

You punch us, we break your arm.

That's basically the logic of things as we see it. There's no "this for that."

To us it's:

Our backlash ---> THIS for That.<---Someone else's pre-emptive strike

Cheers,

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    ESTPs - We are the best friends anyone can EVER have, but God help anyone who fucks us over, they will pay dearly.

You punch us, we break your arm.

That's basically the logic of things as we see it. There's no "this for that."

To us it's:

Our backlash ---> THIS for That.<---Someone else's pre-emptive strike

Cheers,

-Halla
    Is this what you're referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    I can't believe you left out the strongest type.

ESTPs will cut a bitch.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I don't believe in vengeful acts in the main - the worst revenge I seek is justice or to feel pity for a person who does unspeakable acts.

Think about it - how many people would prefer someone to take active revenge because it makes you feel superior and, to some extent justified the act that someone has sought revenge for. Then think again - how many people like to feel pitied - how does someone's else's pity of you make you feel (not self-pity)?
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown