User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Incidentially, "turning the other cheek" is a cultural reference that goes unnoticed by those who haven't had it pointed it out to them. You use this phrase in error (like most).

Turning the other cheek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wow, that "figurative interpretation" is opposite all right. Still, isn't the "non-resistance literal interpretation" both still valid (due to the context of the verse) and the norm? The Wikipedia article reads that way to me.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I have a thing for impulsively, physically lashing out at INFJs once they reach a point where my anger boils over.

As for seeking revenge..either I fantasize about it in my head if I have a lot of time to think about it (but never actually carry out my plans)..or I do it spur-of-the-moment once I get the chance, usually to be funny in front of people. If I get one of those spur-of-the-moment chances to get revenge sometimes I spend too much time deciding whether to take it or not, and the chance is over.
    what is it INFJ's do to provoke you this much, and is it only INFJ's or other types as well?
    People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children.
    Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
    US cartoonist (1958 - )

Yeah, I was about to say... I would imagine they would be the last type to illicit that type of reaction. INFJs are ice cream, teddy bears and daises.

link here

see picture of woman in field of flowers halfway down the page

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by indigo2020 View Post
    what is it INFJ's do to provoke you this much, and is it only INFJ's or other types as well?
    When they are serious about something negative..they are so serious...the rigidity is just...AAAGH.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    When they are serious about something negative..they are so serious...the rigidity is just...AAAGH.
    Heh. Good thing we tend to mellow with age.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

I'm too lazy for revenge, I may think of it in the initial phases of my hurt, but acting on it seems like too much effort.

I just cut them out of my life and move on. Also it's bringing myself to treat someone so badly that I can't do. My revenge plots are not very nice, to act them out wouldn't be very nice, and although they would finally hurt like they made me hurt, I would be responsible for it, and as it stands I just can't do it.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I'm not vengeful in regard to romantic matters. Everybody makes his/her choices, and that's all.

Another matter is work. I've already planned to kill the entire family (no joke) of an employer that, by virtue of some contractual trick, managed not to pay me 2 full months of working.

I've had an ISFJ girlfriend burning all the nice love letters-poetry I had written her over me making a strong comment over a girl that was passing by. I found it offensive and petty, I broke up with her immediatly.

MBTI
    INFP

I fantasize about revenge periodically but could never follow through. I feel guilty for even thinking of deliberately and methodically hurting someone. I have, in the heat of the moment, said very nasty things to and about people. As a child, when my brother aggravated me, I would hit him. In both situations, I've apologized profusely to the people I've hurt after I cooled down and realized I accomplished nothing by behaving so irrationally.

I'm not terribly upset when perpetrators of particularly heinous crimes receive a taste of poetic justice, however.
    "We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I think it takes hurt feelings to seek for revenge and it is kind of illogical, so I would say F-types would me more prone to get back at somebody.
    Even if the kind of revenge seems totaly detached and planned, the motivation would be usually based upon feelings more than pure logic. I think, at least

MBTI
    intp

My occasional little retaliations are usually quite lame and mostly serve the purpose of releasing my feelings before they bottle up. These little retaliations aside, I do bear long grudges. It takes a lot to really anger me, but when I finally feel angry, I do show it. Also, chances are that I will never forgive. I have never carried out a well-planned, cold-blooded revenge, but I have assumed a bitter, merciless attitude towards some people who have gone too far. I can connect it with Fi, I guess.