User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Edit: I might instead decide to pitch for the Milwaukee Brewers.

He is still one of my all-time favorite baseball players!

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I have a thing for impulsively, physically lashing out at INFJs once they reach a point where my anger boils over.

As for seeking revenge..either I fantasize about it in my head if I have a lot of time to think about it (but never actually carry out my plans)..or I do it spur-of-the-moment once I get the chance, usually to be funny in front of people. If I get one of those spur-of-the-moment chances to get revenge sometimes I spend too much time deciding whether to take it or not, and the chance is over.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTJ

This is enlightening. Friends and I have talked about this over coffee and we thought it might be an INTJ thing - seems it's not.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    type

There was an JPT article showing a connection for Machiavellian drives to a preference for Thinking over Feeling, and more true for younger Ts than for older Ts.

I think this is accurate from what I've observed.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sometimes I'd love to exact revenge, because I tend to think that it would level the playing field again. However, as much as I'll want to do it, I just can't bring myself to be angry and bitter long enough to care. There is always a point where I just sigh and forget about it and give whoever it is another chance to redeem themselves. (And I would much rather someone redeemed themselves so I wouldn't have to waste the time and energy it takes to hate them.) I also know I'd feel horrible about doing an act of revenge on someone...I mean for goodness sake, I can't even play a prank on someone without apologising in advance and warning them of said prank!

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I also know I'd feel horrible about doing an act of revenge on someone...I mean for goodness sake, I can't even play a prank on someone without apologising in advance and warning them of said prank!
    You poor thing!

I am so grateful I don't have that affliction!
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by raincrow007 View Post
    The proverb "revenge is a dish best served cold" is credited to the 18th century novel les Liaisons dangereuses (Dangerous Liaisons), written by the French official and army general Pierre Choderlos de Laclos (although it never actually appears in the original text).
    This, btw, is a brilliant novel. It features deliciously satanic INTJ and ENTP protagonists and an endearing INFJ one. The movie adaptation with Glenn Close, John Malkovich and Michelle Pfeiffer is excellent too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I used to be hell-bent on revenge towards people who had "wronged" me. I'd plan, and sometimes carry out, detailed schemes that would "punish" the person involved. This pretty much culminated when I arranged to have a former boss thrown out of the army for wrongly implicating me in a fratricide. Since that incident however, I have been more live-and-let-live. Haven't had the urge for revenge of any type in almost 2 decades ... except for that one time my step-daughter forged a bunch of my checks.

I can second the revenge of passion tendencies in my ISFJ wife. She once threw out my entire computer system (which I retrieved from the trash bin) when she discovered I'd been chatting with somebody online.
    Interesting. You have a change of heart after you serve that guy 'justice'.

I'm not particularly hell-bent for revenge, but I think sometimes it has to be done. You simply cannot let people mess with you and get away with it unscratched. They will come back to haunt you later.
    "Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated."
    - Ernest Hemingway

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by KMCE View Post
    Interesting. You have a change of heart after you serve that guy 'justice'.

I'm not particularly hell-bent for revenge, but I think sometimes it has to be done. You simply cannot let people mess with you and get away with it unscratched. They will come back to haunt you later.
    Age mellows you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Res Ipsa Loquitur View Post
    He is still one of my all-time favorite baseball players!
    He and Gossage. What an era.