User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    infp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

Default what do you guys think of the theory of shadow functions coming foward during stress?

what do you guys think of the theory of shadow functions emerging during stress quote''Later personality researchers (notably Linda V. Berens)[19] added four additional functions to the descending hierarchy, the so-called "shadow" functions to which the individual is not naturally inclined but which can emerge when the person is under stress''for the
    intp =shadow='te'ni'se'fi'
    intj=shadow='ne'ti'fe'si'
    entj=shadow='ti'ne'si'fe'
    entp=shadow='ni'te'fi'se'
    enfp=shadow='ni'fe'ti'se'
    infp=shadow=fe'ni'se'ti'
    infj=shadow=ne'fi'te'si'
    enfj=shadow=fi'ne'si'te'
    estj=shadow=ti'se'ni'fe'
    do you guys often experience your shadow functions under stress and could you give me some personal examples thanks?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRnhyTCNhv0
    or you guys can tell me how you relate to this video?
    Last edited by chado; 05-27-2015 at 03:07 PM.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Te- Empirical thinking is at the core of extroverted Thinking when we challenge someone's ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else's thought process.

I don't like religion all that much and I justified arguments based on facts.

Ni- I judge people in according to how a situation plays out. I like using Ni because it gives me new perspective.

Se- I use in a mocking manner.

Fi- Comes out when I cry. I feel horrible.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chado View Post
    what do you guys think of the theory of shadow functions emerging during stress quote''Later personality researchers (notably Linda V. Berens)[19] added four additional functions to the descending hierarchy, the so-called "shadow" functions to which the individual is not naturally inclined but which can emerge when the person is under stress''for the
    infp=shadow=fe'ni'se'ti'
    infj=shadow=ne'fi'te'si'
    enfj=shadow=fi'ne'si'te'
    estj=shadow=ti'se'ni'fe'
    do you guys often experience your shadow functions under stress and could you give me some personal examples thanks?
    @Ene, @OrangeAppled, @fidelia,

Apparently you ladies won that Relationship Pairings Thread contest, and among the prizes mentioned, was the book

'Was That Really Me?: How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality'.

If any of you have actually chosen (and then, I hope, gone ahead and *finished reading*) that book, perhaps
    you'd like to share your newfound knowledge with us on this thread?
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post

Apparently you ladies won that Relationship Pairings Thread contest, and among the prizes mentioned, was the book

If any of you have actually chosen (and then, I hope, gone ahead and *finished reading*) that book, perhaps
    I havent read the book, but i do know that this book talks about real MBTI, not this socionics type 8 function bullcrap. Here someone posted the INFJ chapter if you care to see what the shadow of a type really is and how it relates to stress(hint. it has nothing to do with these so called shadow functions); [INFJ] “Was That Really Me?” – How Stress Brings Out the INFJ's Hidden Personality
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I havent read the book, but i do know that this book talks about real MBTI, not this socionics type 8 function bullcrap. Here someone posted the INFJ chapter if you care to see what the shadow of a type really is and how it relates to stress(hint. it has nothing to do with these so called shadow functions); [INFJ] “Was That Really Me?” – How Stress Brings Out the INFJ's Hidden Personality
    Yikes! You referenced T.O.S. !!
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Yikes! You referenced T.O.S. !!
    No comprende
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Enneagram
    9w8

The book is fantastic; it doesn't talk about shadow functions, though.

Rather it discusses, how that when a person is under stress (especially prolonged stress) their tertiary and inferior functions may cause them to act out of character.

For example, an Ni dominant may become obsessed about some physical detail while an IS-J may be unable to perform in their usual orderly manner, etc. It discusses how stress can cause our inferior functions can make us appear like a poor example of our functions in reverse order. So, an INFJ starts to act like a poor example of an ESTP, etc.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post

Rather it discusses, how that when a person is under stress (especially prolonged stress) their tertiary and inferior functions may cause them to act out of character.
    Ahhh, so I misread, and/or confused "tertiary" and "inferior" as being the same as "shadow."

No! *Bad* INTJ! /lashes self with wet noodle>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post

Ahhh, so I misread, and/or confused "tertiary" and "inferior" as being the same as "shadow."

Enneagram
    9w8

- - - Updated - - -

Now, now, no sense lashing yourself with wet noodles. (Se, behave yourself) We wouldn't want to waste food. Rather, let's just cook the noodles and make spaghetti!
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by chado View Post
    infp=shadow=fe'ni'se'ti'
    infj=shadow=ne'fi'te'si'
    enfj=shadow=fi'ne'si'te'
    estj=shadow=ti'se'ni'fe'
    I have no shadow functions, hell yeah

So my shadow is similar to ENTJ...interesting.
    Im out, its been fun