• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] Some Types Happier In Jobs, Make More Money Than Others

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This article on job satisfaction, compensation and career was interesting.

It's ’s been suggested that in order for people to succeed at certain jobs, they need to have the right kind of personality type for whatever career they choose for themselves. Indeed, there are companies like Good.Co who believe that the personality of a prospective employee must fit the greater personality of the company for whom they’d like to work; when it comes down to it, it becomes a matter of culture fit. It seems, too, however, that personality may also determine how successful and how happy a person may be in their careers down the road.

More here

I can see why TJs would make more as they tend to rise to management positions. However, I'm unclear as to why there is such a difference between ETJs and ITJs based on previous distributions I've seen from the Center of Creative Leadership which show that ITJs are disproportionately represented in management and executive management positions (i.e. ITJs are represented in much larger numbers proportionately than ETJs).

The job satisfaction scores were interesting. Why such a huge disparity between ISFPs and ESFPs for example? Why do Fs top the chart?

Cygnus

i tHiK tAht TipE iSs uNReLaDDed 2 eVryTig. PeOPel aHve diFeRnt EcoNmoIc inCummS aDn JobS fOR diFfeRnt rEaSonS, hOw cuOlD u Tyr to uSe MIBT tiPE tO TrY aDn put PeePl iTnO boXeS liKe taHt, peOpl R yUonEek iDnviDueLs whIt a WiDe raGne oF PerSnaLliddy trAtes, dAhT ArE tOo yuOniQue tO Be LimIddEd to TiPe aloEn. iT AwL dEpnEds On tJe IdnViduEl PerSon, hIs dtEterimnaTion, His MooTurity, hIs ItNelliGence, aDn hOw bIg oF An EffFort hE pUt tO CliBm to SuckSess.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
i tHiK tAht TipE iSs uNReLaDDed 2 eVryTig. PeOPel aHve diFeRnt EcoNmoIc inCummS aDn JobS fOR diFfeRnt rEaSonS, hOw cuOlD u Tyr to uSe MIBT tiPE tO TrY aDn put PeePl iTnO boXeS liKe taHt, peOpl R yUonEek iDnviDueLs whIt a WiDe raGne oF PerSnaLliddy trAtes, dAhT ArE tOo yuOniQue tO Be LimIddEd to TiPe aloEn. iT AwL dEpnEds On tJe IdnViduEl PerSon, hIs dtEterimnaTion, His MooTurity, hIs ItNelliGence, aDn hOw Hard he tiRed to Gett to le toPp.

Hmm

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Alas, one huge grain of salt with the study is that the typing wasn't done with the official MBTI. I suspect that the resulting stats wouldn't have been all that different if the official MBTI had been used, but the author's claim that her test results in the same type as the official test 71% of the time isn't based on a very large sample, and 71% isn't exactly an awe-inspiring congruence in any case.

I think the study (linked at the end of your linked article) is worth a read, but the alternative typing method used should be kept in mind.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I wonder if it will ever be accepted? I think a large majority of people do subscribe to the idea that we are just the same with different experiences and anyone can do any job if they just make an effort or.... urgh 'concentrate more'.

Even if you don't subscribe to typology systems, this much seems obvious to me.

But as usual evidence isn't enough, least of all heuristic evidence.