• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ask an ESTP

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's confirmed, I took an mbti inventory with a certified psychologist and I am an ESTP with a rather weak sensing preference. If anyone noticed me constantly switching my type between all of the ExxP types, I apologize for the confusion. I made an ask and ENFP thread when I originally thought of myself as ENFP, so now I'm making an ask an ESTP thread. Ask any questions you want, I don't care about how personal they are, because the aim of this thread is to teach people about ESTPs and what they actually think compared to the stereotypes that made me not even consider this type in the past. Ask away!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When do you feel like your patience is being tested?

What do you think of ENFPs - both in general as people and also as romantic partners?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Indeed she is, and I am an 18 year old American Male with average height and large framed, muscular build. That answers your current lack of knowledge about me and any other ones you might have :)

You might be surprised.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
My patience is usually tested whenever someone doesn't keep up with me or when leaders lack the logic to make fair decisions. Actually I happen to love ENFPs. They are colorful and beautiful people and I would rather go out with/ hang out with an ENFP than an ISTJ/ISFJ despite the compatability theory. ISTJs are too conforming and sometimes can even be dull in my opinion
When do you feel like your patience is being tested?

What do you think of ENFPs - both in general as people and also as romantic partners?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My patience is usually tested whenever someone doesn't keep up with me or when leaders lack the logic to make fair decisions.

Sounds about right for my ESTP friends too. Being the only Perceiving type in the "In-Charge" communication style, how do you feel about leadership and directing others? How do you think you differ from ENFJ, ESTJ, and ENTJ taking this into consideration?

Would you say you're particular sensitive to others not keeping up with you because your type is so classically always on the move?

Actually I happen to love ENFPs. They are colorful and beautiful people and I would rather go out with/ hang out with an ENFP than an ISTJ/ISFJ despite the compatability theory. ISTJs are too conforming and sometimes can even be dull in my opinion

Yeah, as much as I love a good INTJ the compatibility theory is getting old for me too. :alttongue: I've had amazing friendships with ESTPs and probably have had some nice dates with a potential ESTP or two, so becoming an ESTP/ENFP fetishist is my new goal here haha. What unique core dynamics might come from the ENFP/ESTP relationship?

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm actually usually very tolerant of other people tbh. I'm really usually impatient with myself. I view myself as destined to be the next chuck norris, so everytime I can't lift a certain weight or can't mentally figure something out, I get pissed to the point of exploding, then I get even more pissed for letting myself get pissed. Lol overall I'm pretty easygoing though. And all my gfs were all SPs and SJs, I haven't been lucky enough to get my hands on an ENFP yet lol. What were these ESTPs like? Were they the clever and resourceful type of ESTP that you get as a result of an ESTP with a triple digit IQ? Or were they the typical meatheaded and unorginal ESTPs that leave a bad name for my type?
Sounds about right for my ESTP friends too. Being the only Perceiving type in the "In-Charge" communication style, how do you feel about leadership and directing others? How do you think you differ from ENFJ, ESTJ, and ENTJ taking this into consideration?

Would you say you're particular sensitive to others not keeping up with you because your type is so classically always on the move?

Yeah, as much as I love a good INTJ the compatibility theory is getting old for me too. :alttongue: I've had amazing friendships with ESTPs and probably have had some nice dates with a potential ESTP or two, so becoming an ESTP/ENFP fetishist is my new goal here haha. What unique core dynamics might come from the ENFP/ESTP relationship?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm actually usually very tolerant of other people tbh. I'm really usually impatient with myself. I view myself as destined to be the next chuck norris, so everytime I can't lift a certain weight or can't mentally figure something out, I get pissed to the point of exploding, then I get even more pissed for letting myself get pissed. Lol overall I'm pretty easygoing though.

Hm, that's interesting. All of my ESTP friends tend to get more frustrated at others than themselves (for the same reason you described earlier). But they're both 2-fixed rather than 3-fixed so that could be it.

What were these ESTPs like? Were they the clever and resourceful type of ESTP that you get as a result of an ESTP with a triple digit IQ? Or were they the typical meatheaded and unorginal ESTPs that leave a bad name for my type?

All my close ESTP friends are very spunky and take-charge women (7w8 and 6w7). I don't think they pride themselves on intellectualism but they're definitely not meadheads lol. They're both very experienced and resourceful individuals though and they almost always know what to do immediately once a situation presents itself. Also they attract boys easily - especially the 7w8 who's a BIG natural flirt. I'm jealous, my flirtiness doesn't get me as far. :cry:

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haha I'm basically the male version of your friends except that I do value you intelligence, because it often takes part in determining how resourceful a person is, and because of the fact that I don't attract the opposite gender as easily. If snything I think I scare them away because I act super macho whenever I see a pretty girl, plus I come off as introverted around most of the girls at school due to the fact that I associate them with the people that bullied me in 6th grade. And to answer your last question that I forgot to answer, I think an ESTP/ENFP relationship can have mutual bebnefit because they both value freedom and novelty, but peceive information in different ways making them mutually interested in eachother. Sorry I didn't answer that before I'm trying to remember what you posted while typing.
Hm, that's interesting. All of my ESTP friends tend to get more frustrated at others than themselves (for the same reason you described earlier). But they're both 2-fixed rather than 3-fixed so that could be it.

All my close ESTP friends are very spunky and take-charge women (7w8 and 6w7). I don't think they pride themselves on intellectualism but they're definitely not meadheads lol. They're both very experienced and resourceful individuals though and they almost always know what to do immediately once a situation presents itself. Also they attract boys easily - especially the 7w8 who's a BIG natural flirt. I'm jealous, my flirtiness doesn't get me as far. :cry:

Navyyyd

How often do you initiate small talk with strangers? Would you go out of your way to star conversations with cashiers?

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
If I find something suspicious about the person, I'll just glare at him/her and walk away. I do make small talk with cashiers, especially the females. I usually don't talk to the people in the lines though. There's also certain places that I don't talk worth crap at, like my school or my church youth group, probably either because the people there are boring as hell and not worth jackshit or they seem hostile. When it comes to hostile people, I am more introverted, because instead of talking to them I just imagine fighting them in my head while using my Se to navigate around the room despite the focus being on the images in my head of me outwitting the person in combat and proving how stupid they are. Lol I used to do that a lot, either imagining social situations or fights and using those daydreams to develop my skill in real life. I guess it's inferior Ni because I do that whenever I feel threatened, lonely, or I am itching for a thrill.
How often do you initiate small talk with strangers? Would you go out of your way to star conversations with cashiers?