• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are blind people more likely to be Sensors?

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Also, fyi, I wrote that the collective unconsciousness is not a part of our minds as much as our minds are affected by the collective unconsciousness. We are connected to it. From this vantage point, you can argue it is a part of us, but the collective unconsciousness is also its very own strict definite entity separate from the human mind and it also has to be, since it is a property all humans share. Indeed, you are twisting semantics to mean something I did not intend. When I write that the collective unconsciousness and the archetypes are ideological I very much mean that; if you want to refute something, argue this point instead strawmanning what I wrote. You can argue that Jung thought they are hereditary and biological but then dear reckful, how are you going to go prove this? How are you going to prove that an idea, which an archetype ultimately is, is hereditary? How are you going to infer that there is something in our brains, a matter of neurological wiring, that makes humans attuned to recreate the same ideas across times and contexts?

Clearly the "collective unconsciousness" must be "its own strict definite entity separate from the human mind ... since it is a property all humans share," just as the nose must be its own strict definite entity separate from the human face, since it is a property all humans share. :alttongue:

And you say, "You can argue that Jung thought [the collective unconscious and the archetypes] are hereditary and biological but then dear reckful, how are you going to go prove this?" — buuut both my post, and the post of yours that it responded to, were about what Jung thought, rather than whether what Jung thought was true or not. So my job wouldn't be to "prove" that the "collective unconscious" was "hereditary and biological," but rather to prove that Jung thought the collective unconscious was hereditary and biological — and the quotes in my post did a pretty darn good job of that, if I do say so myself.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh Ray Charles wrote : "I am blind but one can always find someone more unhappy, I could have been black !":heart:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think blind people are required to use more intuition because they cant navigate the world with sounds and physical sensations only, but need to constantly be aware of what makes the sounds, what implications it has etc. -> they need to intuit based on the sensations to get some grasp about the world around them.