User Tag List

Thread: double typed.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Default double typed.

I'm double typed, but now I'm over thinking this.

For the last 5 years I've been taking the Myers Briggs test once a year. The result has always been iNTP, until the other day. I must say the last 3 times, including tonight, I've taken the test at my job. (Yes I'm aware I took the test more then once this year but I've become intrigued) I took the test at home the other day (which is a new appartment). It wasn't the same test though which is a valuable piece of information, to keep in mind to prevent myself from overthinking to much. My results from the test I took at home said iNFJ.

So what I'm getting at here is what I call "spacadet thinking" but what if our enviorments could change our types?

At my job I work alone, I talk to people on the phone but its short interaction. The office is pretty boring place and the hvac unit noisy. Where at home being it's my first place, its complete reflection of my mind and feelings.

I think I'll try and take the same test tommorow when I'm at home and see what results I get.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

What test have you been taking?

If you're interested, you can take the official "Step I" MBTI here.

ADDED: And if you're wondering what frame of mind you should be in when you take it, here's what the official MBTI Manual says:

Quote Originally Posted by MBTI Manual
    Some people have trouble finding the correct frame of mind for answering the MBTI. When reporting the results to some people, they say they reported their "work self," "school self," "ideal self," or some other self they now consider atypical. The frame of reference desired in respondents is what has been termed the "shoes-off self." The "shoes-off self" fosters an attitude in which one functions naturally, smoothly, and effortlessly, and in which one is not going "against one's grain." The function of the MBTI is to provide the first step toward understanding one's natural preferences.
    And in case they're useful to you, I've put profile roundups for the four IN types in the spoiler.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

The test you linked is the test I normally take. For whatever reason the test I took at my apartment I shouldnt have even humored but there seems to be some sort of spontaneous logic behind it. I'm going to try this shoes-off self. and see where it leads me.

Thanks for the spoilers and the response!

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Maybe my case will help you :

I have been typed many times INTP. I am ENTP. But in my intimate life I am more looking and sometimes acting "like an ENFP".

I am connected to my extrovert intuition, to my introvert thinking, as well as my feelings (if in a peaceful environment only).

But when I meet a very good friend of mine who is ENFP, there is no doubt I am different with feelings and "more rational".

To me that depends on how confident one can feel with "the opposites "(T/F for example).

We are not robots ! And everyday one can still be surprised about his/her own behaviours and inner truths
    Last edited by RedAmazoneFriendZone; 04-17-2015 at 04:01 AM.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by ExNinjaTropPervertie View Post
    Maybe my case will help you :

I have been typed many times INTP. I am ENTP. But in my intimate life I am more looking and sometimes acting "like an ENFP".

I am connected to my extrovert intuition, to my introvert thinking, as well as my feelings (if in a peaceful environment only).

But when I meet a very good friend of mine who is ENFP, there is no doubt I am different with feelings and "more rational".

To me that depends on own confident one can feel with "the opposites "(T/F for example).

We are not robots ! And everyday one can still be surprised about his/her own behaviours and inner truths
    This was enlightening to hear! Thank you so much for sharing. I know I come off as a very robotic person from time to time and my inner truth scream at me some really outlandish things so I'm always I'm question. Only once did I score an entp yet I marked it off as in I was in a really good mood that day. I'm going to continue to seek whatever it is I'm seeking to find. But people like you make me a little more hopeful!
    Quote me.

I mean... Wait, what?

"You have to make the right choice. As long as you don’t choose, everything remains possible”-9 Year Old Nemo"

“In chess, it’s called Zugzwang… when the only viable move, is not to move at all.”- 9 Year Old Nemo

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

https://youtu.be/h5MIQy8VCA4

French robots can always make your day
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics