You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Default Your energy threshold

How long can you go without social interaction? How long can you go without alone time?
    Obviously every human being needs both, but each of us has our own individual threshold. Also, a lot of times it depends on the situation.
    What situations drain you the most--clubs, seminars, a weekend alone, parties, etc? What energizes you? How long does it take to recover from a draining situation?

Me: I'm an ambivert. A full day at home with no people may become tiring. I usually need to go out for an hour to an hour and a half to refill. Going out doesn't necessarily have to be with people--though usually it would. Sometimes it's a just a drive or a trip to the grocery store.
    After three hours of stranger/non-close friend interaction, I need *at least* three hours to recover. With my very closest friends, I can go a full day feeling energized, but will need maybe an hour of alone time afterwards.
    I thrive on close friend interactions, alone time, and creative public speaking (not too much mingling afterwards). Ideally, to keep myself energized, I would like day of both interaction and quiet time. For instance, spend the morning and afternoon alone, be with close friends until the evening, and spend the last hour before bed by myself.
    Then again, too much change in activity is also exhausting. Sometimes a whole weekend all by myself sounds fantastic. Sometimes not.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

A full day alone and I get antsy and in a funk. 3hrs social to 1hr alone is a good ratio for recharging from social time.

Dancing and hiking and exercising with other people, I can just keep going and going. But you don't always have to be talking during those times.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes BluRoses, themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I find that i am happiest with roughly 2 hrs social time to 1 hr alone time. It may sound strange as an extrovert, saying that, but maybe its because I am an only child....?

I think the real issue for me is interpersonal conflict and not being able to 100% be my authentic self. Let me try and explain so it makes more sense: Basically, when I am with a couple of people in my close circle of friends and everyone is getting along, I am having a great time and I'm energized. However, if they start arguing with each other, or are super stressed out (ex: one couple just had their first baby), I pick up on those feelings and it stresses ME out. Of we're all having fun and there is no baby crying I could probably hang out for 2 days straight and be happy. With the conflict I start feeling itchy to go home after an hour.

With the "authentic self" comment, I mean that in a different situation, like a work party, where I don't know a lot of people well, I am likely to be drained quickly. At a work function I have 2 things usually going on that can wear me out:

1. That I am needing to present my best work self because my boss is likely there and I don't want negative repercussions to my actions later at work (I would be mortified if I was the drunk woman at the Christmas Party).

2. The sheer number of people. I prefer small groups, like 2 to 3 people to interact with at a time. This way I have a good grip on my Fi. When there are like 30+ people at a party, I am overwhelmed emotionally and although I am probably having fun, my stamina will wear out within a couple of hours and I will want to go home.

(As an aside, this was always a bit of an issue with my ENFP husband and I because he was the life of the party and would like to "party" for like 5-6 hours at a time if possible. I like to socialize, but it needs to be for a SHORT time.
    "ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)" ~Xander

Enneagram: You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 6w5, 1w9.
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    INfP

I can easily go days without significant, face-to-face interaction. It doesn't take long to exhaust me in social situations and I need a lot of alone time every day. Very introverted over here.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Without alone time? A weekend. But then I'll probably be low on reserves for the starting week. Without socialization? From experience, months. More certainly wouldn't be desirable, but I am confident I could go on and stay sane.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

When I am with people I get extremely chatty and talkative, the more people I can talk to the better, but I could easily spend time by myself. I feel like I get different kinds of energy from both being with others and being alone.

Being with others makes me feel like I am being jolted by electricity, like every added person/conversation/laugh just makes the current stronger. When I am alone it is more like calm waves, not quite as fun but extremely relaxing and stimulating in its own way.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have more of a limit on social time than alone time. I don't think I have ever gotten noticeably lonely at any time. My max time is probably a couple hours of heavy socializing/crowded event before I need to get away from it. At work functions, I do fine but there are instances I have to push myself to be chatty or interact. I do like one on one time with my ENFJ daily and times with friends but I don't get any kind of energizing from it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    When I am with people I get extremely chatty and talkative, the more people I can talk to the better, but I could easily spend time by myself. I feel like I get different kinds of energy from both being with others and being alone.

Being with others makes me feel like I am being jolted by electricity, like every added person/conversation/laugh just makes the current stronger. When I am alone it is more like calm waves of, not quite as fun but extremely relaxing and stimulating in its own way.
    That's exactly how I would describe it! For me, it's like warm vs. cool. Both equally vital, but different.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

How long can you go without social interaction?
    A day and a half or two days. More than that would be pushing it.

How long can you go without alone time?
    Depends on your definition of "alone time". If I can fit in 5-10 minutes here and there, and if the people I'm with don't annoy me, than I can go for days and days. Maybe weeks.

What situations drain you the most--clubs, seminars, a weekend alone, parties, etc?
    Boredom is extremely draining to me. Other than that, interpersonal drama. (I'm highly susceptible to emotional exhaustion when I can't avoid the emotions in question.)

What energizes you?
    Doing things. Either with friends, or on my own. Staying active, having a plan, being up and around. Having stuff to do keeps me alert and energized. The longer I sit around doing nothing, the more drained I get. Gotta have water moving through my gills, or else I start to sink.

How long does it take to recover from a draining situation?
    Between an hour and 24 hours. Usually I can recover from an exhausting day by noon the next day, if I treat myself to a good night's sleep and a relaxing morning.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

How long can you go without social interaction?
    - A day. A day alone can be nice. After that I start to get antsy.

How long can you go without alone time?
    - Again, a day. A day out (or in) with 1-4 friends can be nice. I usually like 1-4 hours a day to myself, though. (even half an hour will suffice, but I need some time to think in my head to myself)

What situations drain you most?
    - Being around negative people, not having enough activities to do, & starting to feel like I'm living the same day over & over.

What energizes you?
    - Quality time with good friends, eating good food, exercising, watching TV, listening to music, & a plethora of other things.

How long does it take to recover from a draining situation?
    - Depends on how prolonged it was. 2 days, maybe.