User Tag List

First 234

How long can you go without social interaction?

My longest was basically the whole year on my own and I did not have a problem with that in that moment. (no family, no friends, no job, only student in the class but even that was only 4 months in a year, always driving in empty public buses ... etc.)

How long can you go without alone time?

A few days if I really like the people. If not even the 15 minutes can be too much.
    I have a ability to be with people but not be mentaly there with them ... and this factor can greatly prolonge social time for me as an introverted person.

What situations drain you the most--clubs, seminars, a weekend alone, parties, etc?

Unwanted situations do not really drain me, they annoy me. (and that can be draining)
    But this depends on the specifics: do I like the people there, do I like the music at the party, is this seminar something that interest me or the lecturer just sucks ... etc.

What energizes you?

Moving towards my goals, twisted humor, making plans for the whole group, science/technology talk, field trips/adventures, board games ...

How long does it take to recover from a draining situation?

Depends.
    However I can often just say to myself "this sucks" in unwaned/boring situations in which there is a lot of people I don't really know. Therefore I usually just go away without goodbye and I get instant recharge of energy as I go throughout door(s).

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

How long can you go without social interaction?

This very much depends on whether we are talking large scale social interaction, or smaller scale. Small scale social interaction with intimates is vital for me on a daily basis-- I get very bull-in-a-china-shop if I'm not meeting up with, or at least connecting with close friends throughout the week. Large scale social interaction on the other hand, I could go without for awhile (as long as I have the intimate relationship time that I need). I have found that at times when I don't have the former, I turn to the latter (larger social environments) to get the intimacy I need.

How long can you go without alone time?

I can be in small community for a long time without needing alone time. I'd probably need it once in awhile, to journal and process, maybe like an hour or two each day.

What situations drain you the most--clubs, seminars, a weekend alone, parties, etc?

I do get physically and mentally tired after being in large social environments for a whole day, or after being in the city. That said, I feel very negative if I'm totally alone too long (like more than a day without interacting at depth with another individual), but it's not draining-- more like frustrated or agitated. I think it's the need to get my Sx fix.

What energizes you?

Deep conversations about the inner workings of people and relationships. Creating, be it writing, painting, dance, constructing or simply allowing a vision to fall together-- I love doing this collaboratively (with specific individuals). Doing things with friends (individuals or small groups) out in nature, hiking, swimming, going new places, driving around. Basically anything that knits people together and allows for an environment of vulnerability and conversation.

How long does it take to recover from a draining situation? Recovering from being in a city, or in a large social setting for a whole day usually involves a nap, eating food, writing, reading, etc. It doesn't usually take more than a day for me to bounce back, but it might be at least a week before I go back to the city...
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    How long can you go without social interaction? How long can you go without alone time?
    Obviously every human being needs both, but each of us has our own individual threshold. Also, a lot of times it depends on the situation.
    What situations drain you the most--clubs, seminars, a weekend alone, parties, etc? What energizes you? How long does it take to recover from a draining situation?
    Though I have huge reserves of mental and emotional energy (one of the few positives to ADHD) - to an extent some have called "scary" - I am without doubt an introvert.

I think the ideal for me is going out once every two weeks to a month. I really don't need to be around a lot of people to feel happy. Paradoxically, I hate being alone. What is important to me is finding one person, a romantic partner, who I can merge with and invest a lot of energy and time in. Spending time with that someone energizes me, because the emotional intensity is very stimulating. I enjoy being obsessed and consumed, and pushing the boundaries. Being in a group bores and drains me, especially if I can't control the pace. I tend to be a party pooper.

Attending a social event, I quickly become irritable and restless unless heavily lubricated with alcohol. I need personal space and feel violated around lots of people, especially indoors as I cannot escape.

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Though I have huge reserves of mental and emotional energy (one of the few positives to ADHD) - to an extent some have called "scary" - I am without doubt an introvert.

I think the ideal for me is going out once every two weeks to a month. I really don't need to be around a lot of people to feel happy. Paradoxically, I hate being alone. What is important to me is finding one person, a romantic partner, who I can merge with and invest a lot of energy and time in. Spending time with that someone energizes me, because the emotional intensity is very stimulating. I enjoy being obsessed and consumed, and pushing the boundaries. Being in a group bores and drains me, especially if I can't control the pace. I tend to be a party pooper.

Attending a social event, I quickly become irritable and restless unless heavily lubricated with alcohol. I need personal space and feel violated around lots of people, especially indoors as I cannot escape.
    I feel you.
    And hey, are you sure you aren't sx first?
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Dancing and hiking and exercising with other people, I can just keep going and going. But you don't always have to be talking during those times.
    Yep, add taking trips/traveling, and I'm the same. I have traveled overseas with friends, and also gone camping with friends, and there's time where no one's talking and it's just doing activities and sharing experiences together, I can do this for weeks and I don't feel drained. (so we might be in the same physical space, each reading or chit chatting now and then, and that works for me)

But for me, being with people with the express purpose of just talking, like meeting for coffee or going out for dinner, I can get 'drained' after a few hours, or quickly if I don't feel there's a connection. But for me that probably has more to do with my having anxiety around not having anything else to say, depending. Otoh, I've sometimes had conversations for hours and it's been ok, just depends on the situation. But as a general rule it's the conversation thing that can wear me out, not actually being with people or doing activities.

Re being alone, one day is fine, two might be ok, but by the second day I would really have a need to get out and at least do something, just by myself at home on day 2 is usually not a good thing.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ